Lost my Pastor Today

I'd worry less about your priests and more about your Pope. He is a political hack who stands at our border and insists we remove it, announces that the Untied States should be taken over by the UN for our own good and says that good works can get you into heaven. The Bible begs to differ...
Advocating for compassion and love is so UNPOPELIKE, isn't it?

I don't see him tearing down the security at the Vatican. UNPOPELIKE is convincing Catholics that Christ isn't necessary to enter heaven. It is sacrilege. And prophesied...
You think he's the Anti-Christ?
:icon_rolleyes:

I'd worry less about your priests and more about your Pope. He is a political hack who stands at our border and insists we remove it, announces that the Untied States should be taken over by the UN for our own good and says that good works can get you into heaven. The Bible begs to differ...
/——-/ When it comes to matters of church and faith the Pope is infallible. The rest of the time he’s just another guy sitting at the end of the bar shooting his mouth off and expressing his opinion.

/----/ We already have married Priests. The Pope should lift the ban on Priests getting married. They would have more than enough to fill the ranks.

The only way a Roman Catholic priest can be married is if he converted from Protestantism to Catholicism and was already married at the time. An unmarried priest cannot be married after ordination.

Lutheran Pastors can be married. My dad’s Church from Germany. Had a lot of Catholics.

On the other side my Great Grandfather a Methodist Pastor. I remember him well. Housefull of kids, all girls.

Brother,a Nazerene Pastor.

All Churches are going through growing pains now. Mega Churches getting bigger as they become Entertainment Centers. Small Churches shrinking as the young refuse to go.

I don't see him tearing down the security at the Vatican. UNPOPELIKE is convincing Catholics that Christ isn't necessary to enter heaven. It is sacrilege. And prophesied...
You think he's the Anti-Christ?
:icon_rolleyes:

What he means is,” This Pope is preaching Democratic values,” AKA following Jesus words. Right Wingers hate him.

Now,that was funny! A POPE teaching what Jesus did!

/----/ We already have married Priests. The Pope should lift the ban on Priests getting married. They would have more than enough to fill the ranks.

The only way a Roman Catholic priest can be married is if he converted from Protestantism to Catholicism and was already married at the time. An unmarried priest cannot be married after ordination.

Lutheran Pastors can be married. My dad’s Church from Germany. Had a lot of Catholics.

On the other side my Great Grandfather a Methodist Pastor. I remember him well. Housefull of kids, all girls.

Brother,a Nazerene Pastor.

All Churches are going through growing pains now. Mega Churches getting bigger as they become Entertainment Centers. Small Churches shrinking as the young refuse to go.
/——/married Lutheran ministers have become catholic priests and of course stayed married

As a replacement, I give you Father Guido Sarducci. Arrivederci America.

Yeah I thought you were going to say he died. But he's just movin' on up. Or over. Can't you email him/her with problems? Are Priests allowed to use computers? I don't know how all that works.

Christ is necessary to enter heaven?

About two billion out of seven billion people on earth are Christian

Do you think God will keep the other 5 billion out?

Not only does God not want 5 billion out, He and His Son came up with a plan that would leave NO ONE out.
Christ paid the excruciating penalty for our sins, leaving us sinless < requirement for Heaven. God puts our sins behind him and remembers them NO MORE. Christ became us on the cross, we became Him to our Father. We qualify under Christ's record. That was the exchange that took place. His blood was shed instead of ours, because He loves us that much.
And, It is a gift. Thank Jesus, the Christ, and accept the gift and secure your eternity. It will change your life.

There is only one way to the Father, and that is through Christ's work on the cross. Works are an insult to what Christ did on our behalf unless the work is done for Christ's sake and not our own ego.
There is no judgement of sin awaiting those who accept Christ's work. Your sin was dealt with and removed 2,000 years ago. The only judgement waiting for a child in Christ is for rewards. < based on your works for Christ's sake. Mother Teresa comes to mind...

Is the gift of forgiveness and merit we don't deserve what your judging God for, Lady? Because He left no one out..

Last edited:

Not only does God not want 5 billion out, He and His Son came up with a plan that would leave NO ONE out.
Christ paid the excruciating penalty for our sins, leaving us sinless < requirement for Heaven. God puts our sins behind him and remembers them NO MORE. Christ became us on the cross, we became Him to our Father. We qualify under Christ's record. That was the exchange that took place. His blood was shed instead of ours, because He loves us that much.
And, It is a gift. Thank Jesus, the Christ, and accept the gift and secure your eternity. It will change your life.

There is only one way to the Father, and that is through Christ's work on the cross. Works are an insult to what Christ did on our behalf unless the work is done for Christ's sake and not our own ego.
There is no judgement of sin awaiting those who accept Christ's work. Your sin was dealt with and removed 2,000 years ago. The only judgement waiting for a child in Christ is for rewards. < based on your works for Christ's sake. Mother Teresa comes to mind...

Is the gift of forgiveness and merit we don't deserve what your judging God for, Lady? Because He left no one out..

You know Ram....

You are the reason that people hate religion as you spout all the religious dogma centered around.......only MY religion is the true religion.
God will save those of my faith but will banish all others to hell

The God you worship is a God of hate. A God who will banish 5 billion non Christians to hell

Speaking of Father Guido Sarducci, he had the best explanation of what it takes to get into heaven

The Pope's-a doing an encyclical. It's called the "Vita est Lavorum." In English, that means: "Life, It's A Job." And that's-a what-a we found out -- life is hard, you think it's difficult sometimes? That's-a because it's a JOB! We're all-a getting paid $14.50 a day. It don't sound like much. I mean, $14.50 a day, but, you know, over a period of, like, 60-70-80 years... it's-a nothing to sneeze your nose at. And-a, what happens to you when-a you die... you know, it's like-a the soul leaves the body, it's like a little bubbling 7-Up. You know? It just-a- goes-a shooting up, and-a you see yourself going down this-a long tunnel -- but you're not afraid. And then, when you get to the end, you see your whole life go by you. You know? From when you was a little-a baby... 'til the day you die. And then... they pay you. God and his-a helpers. You know, they bring-a in all of this money, and then... God goes over all-a of-a your sins. And ou get FINED. You know, it's like, uh... like, maybe like stealing a car's like $400. Murder is... maybe, you know, the worst -- it's like $50,000. And masturbation... eh, maybe, you know, like twenty-five, thirty-five cents. You know. That's-a cheap sin. You know, but-a for a lot of people, you know, it can amount up. It-a just-a shows, you know -- there is-a NO free lunch.

Anyway -- you got-a all of your sins, you know? And if you have enough money to pay for your sins, you can-a go to Heaven.

It's good the dude had an impact on you. Now read and never forget :
There are two paths you can go by ;but in the long run, there's still time to change the road your on".
a charismatic, dynamic, spiritual, handsome, talented, interesting fellow.
My butcher is too but he can't lead me to God, nor would I let him. God leads you to God. Not a guy in a robe...or ball cap...or inside a TV set nor a pulpit on a ball field.

Lotsa good books out there too but only one Good Book. Ask seek and stuff like that. It'll jump right out and sometimes cause a shiver ! Not when you "get it" .
When it Gets YOU !

I am a Roman Catholic, living in the Diocese of Pittsburgh. My pastor for the past 13 years has been a charismatic, dynamic, spiritual, handsome, talented, interesting fellow. He was brought in to build a new church...get the process going, raise the money, and manage the whole thing. It is built. It is beautiful. It is paid for. And then some. New, never envisioned out buildings enhance the whole campus.

He is instituted numerous forms of "outreach," benefitting the poor, elderly, addicted, displaced, and so on. I participate in some of it, in small ways.

The Bishop, confronting declining membership overall, and the projected loss of 40% of the already-short-supply of priests over the next ten years, decided (basically) to consolidate over a hundred "buildings" into 40 or so new parishes, with the structures and clergy to be determined over the next few years. Some churches will be closed, some expanded, who knows? Basically the way it works elsewhere is that a "parish" will not consist of three or four Churches (all retaining their previous names), and each one will have one or two Masses on the weekend, with a main "parish" priest floating from one to another to say the Masses.

And of course, our All-Star paster was sent to New Castle, to oversee 8 or so smaller parishes and manage their reorganization. It makes sense from a Diocesan management standpoint.

I don't know anything about the incoming paster, only that he is thrilled to be assigned to what is a large, growing, dynamic parish that has a hundred different things going on.

We'll see. Lots of people are VERY unhappy with this, but it is actually quite common, historically speaking within the U.S. Catholic Church. The norm used to be pastors moved around every 5 years or so.

I don't know of any other religions that would have a comparable event.
Pray that this priest is able to serve even more people in his new gig. It's hard to let go of a favorite. It may help to consider that these other parishes will benefit from this move.

You know Ram....

You are the reason that people hate religion as you spout all the religious dogma centered around.......only MY religion is the true religion.

The God you worship is a God of hate. A God who will banish 5 billion non Christians to hell

God is not a respecter of persons, and not a fan of religion. He wants a one on one relationship with His children. Jesus died to remove the sins of every person that has ever walked this earth. You don't have to join a church to be washed clean by His blood. It is nondenominational. It is not a religious bribe, it is a gift to mankind.

You know Ram....

God is not a respecter of persons, and not a fan of religion. He wants a one on one relationship with His children. Jesus died to remove the sins of every person that has ever walked this earth. You don't have to join a church to be washed clean by His blood. It is nondenominational. It is not a religious bribe, it is a gift to mankind.

Ram......
Are 5 billion people not going to heaven because they don’t follow Jesus?

Yes or No

Anyone not covered by the blood of Christ dies with their sin still attached. They will be tried at the White Throne Judgement. The Judge will be Christ, the most loving, forgiving soul that ever walked the earth. It is up to you to plead your case. Good luck with that. Satan is the prosecutor and will demand justice be served.

You can receive favor you don't deserve right now, or get what's coming to you later. For those who wish to escape the courtroom drama, accept your brother's gift with thanksgiving and reserve your seat at the table of the Lord. And by all means, enjoy your coronation. You are the royal child of God almighty. It doesn't get any better than that. Nothing hateful about it. Christ cured Jew and Gentile.
You are made in the image of your Father. You are eternal. You never cease to exist. Choose wisely. Choose eternal life through Christ.

Anyone not covered by the blood of Christ dies with their sin still attached. They will be tried at the White Throne Judgement. The Judge will be Christ, the most loving, forgiving soul that ever walked the earth. It is up to you to plead your case. Good luck with that. Satan is the prosecutor and will demand justice be served.

You can receive favor you don't deserve right now, or get what's coming to you later. For those who wish to escape the courtroom drama, accept your brother's gift with thanksgiving and reserve your seat at the table of the Lord. And by all means, enjoy your coronation. You are the royal child of God almighty. It doesn't get any better than that. Nothing hateful about it. Christ cured Jew and Gentile.
You are made in the image of your Father. You are eternal. You never cease to exist. Choose wisely. Choose eternal life through Christ.
Kind of long winded

I take that as saying 5 billion will not go to heaven because they do not accept Jesus as their savior

Am I right about your view.....simple question

There is no biblical reason for priests to be celibate. The Catholic church would be wise and scripturally correct to allow family men to be pastors.

There is no biblical reason for priests to be celibate. The Catholic church would be wise and scripturally correct to allow family men to be pastors.
And women

Women hold the church together

Forum List

Back