Los Angeles: City of Film Noir (Documentary)

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
Here is an excellent documentary about Los Angeles and it's important connection to American Film Noir. My love of Film Noir is intense, many of my favourite American films are Film Noir eg "Double Indemnity", "The Postman Always Rings Twice" (1946), "The Big Heat", "Murder My Sweet" aka "Farewell My Lovely", "White Heat", "The Killers" (1946), "The Blue Dahlia", "Out Of The Past", "Sunset Boulevard", "Kiss Me Deadly", "The Lady From Shanghai" and others.

The below documentary features James Ellroy, a great choice to be involved in something like this, I like James Ellroy very much. Anyhow the documentary is 52 minutes and 56 seconds in duration:

Corazon I think you will like this documentary.

• Banned
Here is an excellent documentary about Los Angeles and it's important connection to American Film Noir. My love of Film Noir is intense, many of my favourite American films are Film Noir eg "Double Indemnity", "The Postman Always Rings Twice" (1946), "The Big Heat", "Murder My Sweet" aka "Farewell My Lovely", "White Heat", "The Killers" (1946), "The Blue Dahlia", "Out Of The Past", "Sunset Boulevard", "Kiss Me Deadly", "The Lady From Shanghai" and others.

The below documentary features James Ellroy, a great choice to be involved in something like this, I like James Ellroy very much. Anyhow the documentary is 52 minutes and 56 seconds in duration:

Corazon I think you will like this documentary.

My favourite film is two films as I love both the same, if anyone has not seen them I recommend them 100%

"Double Indemnity" made in 1944 and Directed by Billy Wilder and starring Barbara Stanwyck, Fred MacMurray and Edward G. Robinson. I can't find a free version to watch anywhere online and so you will have to buy the DVD/Blu-Ray from Amazon or whatever, you should do this as you will not be disappointed.

Here is the original trailer:

"Les Diaboliques" made in 1955 and Directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot and starring Simone Signoret, Paul Meurisse, Vera Clouzot and Charles Vanel. I also recommend you buying this on DVD/Blu-Ray.

Here is the original trailer:

Here is the full film in excellent quality, the duration is 1 hour and 56 minutes:

Forum List

Back