Looks Like the Trump Admin is Bringing Dark Secrets to The Light

To see what his connections were

Transcript is right there.
So? They sought more information.

No information about the election in the transcript.
Now you're running in circles. I already addressed that. IOW a troll.

Additionally, prior to the interview, there were internal FBI discussions about whether to show Mr. Flynn the transcripts of his calls with Mr. Kislyak. In light of the fact that the FBI already had these transcripts in its possessions, Mr. Flynn’s answers would have shed no light on whether and what he communicated with Mr. Kislyak.—and those issues were immaterial to the no longer justifiably predicated counterintelligence investigation. Similarly, whether Mr. Flynn did or “did not recall” (ECF No. 1) communications already known by the FBI was assuredly not material.

Under these circumstances, the Government cannot explain, much less prove to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt, how false statements are “material” to an investigation that—as explained above—seems to have been undertaken only to elicit those very false statements and thereby criminalize Mr. Flynn. Although it does not matter that the FBI knew the truth and therefore was not deceived by Mr. Flynn’s statements, see United States v. Safavian, 649 F.3d 688, 691-92 (D.C. Cir. 2011), a false statement must still “be capable of influencing an agency function or decision,” United States v. Moore, 612 F.3d 698, 702 (D.C. Cir. 2010) (citations and quotation mark omitted). Even if he told the truth, Mr. Flynn’s statements could not have conceivably “influenced” an investigation that had neither a legitimate counterintelligence nor criminal purpose. See United States v. Mancuso, 485 F.2d 275, 281 (2d Cir. 1973) (“Neither the answer he in fact gave nor the truth he allegedly concealed could have impeded or furthered the investigation.”); cf. United States v. Hansen, 772 F.2d 940, 949 (D.C. Cir. 1985) (noting that a lie can be material absent an existing investigation so long as it might “influenc[e] the possibility that an investigation might commence.”). Accordingly, a review of the facts and circumstances of this case, including newly discovered and disclosed information, indicates that Mr. Flynn’s statements were never “material” to any FBI investigation.

LOL

That's according to Impeached Trump's current justice department. The judge on the case has yet to rule on it. That's why Flynn is still a convicted felon.

That's according to Impeached Trump's current justice department.

If you see any errors in the post, point them out.
Sure, the very first sentence is supposition, not fact. Had Flynn been forthcoming with his answers instead of lying, more light could have been shed on his conversation with the Russian ambassador.
The reason he lied, is those were high level diplomatic negotiations which were an ongoing process. To reveal them to ANYBODY, before the Russian responded to the overtures, might have endangered the mission. He did not know if he had the incoming administration's approval to discuss those negotiations with anyone.

Sometimes? Politics require obfuscation. What are you, a n00b? :dunno:

He was tasked to deliver a message, if the Russians vote against or delay the resolution condemning Israeli settlements, the Trump administration would ease Russian sanctions. At that point, this was still in negotiations. The Russians hadn't gotten it back to Putin to reject. Flynn did not know the FBI was aware of the call. There were mitigating factors that low level FBI stooges did not need to know about.

Now? None of this matters.

Flynn is free to go.

The corruption has been uncovered. Stop beating a dead horse.

Wow, look at you making excuses for liars... how pathetic. You know what you say when asked about something that you consider private??? You say that the talks were confidential and you don’t feel comfortable disclosing the subject matter. The FBI can talk to your attorney if they want more. It’s that simple. What you don’t do is lie and what you don’t do is make excuses for those who lie
There you go again.... You got your ass kicked already and still have not addressed the conspiracy against Trump and Flynn that is now coming to light. Not to mention your nasty attitude toward those who disagree with you. Why don't you give it up? The FBI traitors are being outed.....Your argument is dead.
You think I got my ass kicked fine. I saw another turd avoid answering by posting a picture. Just like you’ve avoided three times now to choose a topic to discuss. I’m not going to respond to a laundry list.

my point from the very beginning was that Flynn lied to the cops. That’s a crime. Why are people making excuses for him? That’s it. If you want to talk about misconduct then fine. Pick something and I’ll agree or disagree about its validity. But one thing we should both agree on is that Flynn never should have lied and he deserves to be held accountable for it.
You did get your ass kicked, no thinking about that, Slade. Flynn was set up...no matter how much you deny that.
When Comey's Hatchet Men got caught, they had to make up stupid shit like what you're posting.
You are right, Flynn was set up. He was asked a question which set him up for perjury if he lied. He chose to lie. So he fell into the trap. Glad we straightened that out. As for me making stupid shit up... since you can’t point to one thing that I’ve stated that is false I guess you fail there too.
You know better than that...or maybe you don't, I'm really not sure.
I's starting the think he does no better but likes to brawl.
Yes I do come to brawl at times. Depends on my mood. Nothing wrong with challenging the narratives people are pushing. If I make bad points during a brawl you should be able to shoot them down. But most people ditch the substance and resort to childish photos and insults.
Well, you keep saying Flynn lied. The legal records back that up because Flynn admitted it. What was the lie? As far as I can see, the 'lie' was Flynn saying he did not recall. That's it!!! Also, from recent reports, the FBI was trying to get him to lie according to inter agency correspondence. They wanted to get him to lie or get him to step down. Just saying 'Flynn lied' is, to me, a very monolithic view. I don't feel you are being objective and have an AX to grind with Trump. I'm not trying to insult you it's just the way I see it.

Also, the 'interview' was conducted in a hap-hazard way on purpose in order to catch Flynn off guard. They told him that a lawyer would just slow things down. Also, Flynn may have withheld information about his call because of National Security because he was part of the transition team. They basically convinced Flynn that he was guilty, threatened his son and bankrupted him with attorney fees.
Leo... be honest. Do you really think a judge, a defense attorney and Flynn himself would let this escalate to what it did over a “I dont recall” answer being called Perjury? It’s been 3 years and Trumps people have been in control of the FBI and DOJ. Be honest. You really think this went on for this long on something so paper thin?
Yes, because I know that there is evidence of wrong-doing in the upper ranks of the FBI and CIA. They wanted to remove Trump and went after those surrounding him. Flynn's defense attorneys were not given exculpatory evidence. Do you really think Trump and Flynn were colluding with the Russians? There is evidence coming out now that actually the Russians were trying to help Hillary as she was seen as less of a threat to them. Honestly, are you not aware of breaking issues?

Now you're running in circles. I already addressed that.

Additionally, prior to the interview, there were internal FBI discussions about whether to show Mr. Flynn the transcripts of his calls with Mr. Kislyak. In light of the fact that the FBI already had these transcripts in its possessions, Mr. Flynn’s answers would have shed no light on whether and what he communicated with Mr. Kislyak.—and those issues were immaterial to the no longer justifiably predicated counterintelligence investigation. Similarly, whether Mr. Flynn did or “did not recall” (ECF No. 1) communications already known by the FBI was assuredly not material.

Under these circumstances, the Government cannot explain, much less prove to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt, how false statements are “material” to an investigation that—as explained above—seems to have been undertaken only to elicit those very false statements and thereby criminalize Mr. Flynn. Although it does not matter that the FBI knew the truth and therefore was not deceived by Mr. Flynn’s statements, see United States v. Safavian, 649 F.3d 688, 691-92 (D.C. Cir. 2011), a false statement must still “be capable of influencing an agency function or decision,” United States v. Moore, 612 F.3d 698, 702 (D.C. Cir. 2010) (citations and quotation mark omitted). Even if he told the truth, Mr. Flynn’s statements could not have conceivably “influenced” an investigation that had neither a legitimate counterintelligence nor criminal purpose. See United States v. Mancuso, 485 F.2d 275, 281 (2d Cir. 1973) (“Neither the answer he in fact gave nor the truth he allegedly concealed could have impeded or furthered the investigation.”); cf. United States v. Hansen, 772 F.2d 940, 949 (D.C. Cir. 1985) (noting that a lie can be material absent an existing investigation so long as it might “influenc[e] the possibility that an investigation might commence.”). Accordingly, a review of the facts and circumstances of this case, including newly discovered and disclosed information, indicates that Mr. Flynn’s statements were never “material” to any FBI investigation.

LOL

That's according to Impeached Trump's current justice department. The judge on the case has yet to rule on it. That's why Flynn is still a convicted felon.

Sure, the very first sentence is supposition, not fact. Had Flynn been forthcoming with his answers instead of lying, more light could have been shed on his conversation with the Russian ambassador.
The reason he lied, is those were high level diplomatic negotiations which were an ongoing process. To reveal them to ANYBODY, before the Russian responded to the overtures, might have endangered the mission. He did not know if he had the incoming administration's approval to discuss those negotiations with anyone.

He was tasked to deliver a message, if the Russians vote against or delay the resolution condemning Israeli settlements, the Trump administration would ease Russian sanctions. At that point, this was still in negotiations. The Russians hadn't gotten it back to Putin to reject. Flynn did not know the FBI was aware of the call. There were mitigating factors that low level FBI stooges did not need to know about.

Flynn is free to go.

Wow, look at you making excuses for liars... how pathetic. You know what you say when asked about something that you consider private??? You say that the talks were confidential and you don’t feel comfortable disclosing the subject matter. The FBI can talk to your attorney if they want more. It’s that simple. What you don’t do is lie and what you don’t do is make excuses for those who lie
There you go again.... You got your ass kicked already and still have not addressed the conspiracy against Trump and Flynn that is now coming to light. Not to mention your nasty attitude toward those who disagree with you. Why don't you give it up? The FBI traitors are being outed.....Your argument is dead.
You think I got my ass kicked fine. I saw another turd avoid answering by posting a picture. Just like you’ve avoided three times now to choose a topic to discuss. I’m not going to respond to a laundry list.

my point from the very beginning was that Flynn lied to the cops. That’s a crime. Why are people making excuses for him? That’s it. If you want to talk about misconduct then fine. Pick something and I’ll agree or disagree about its validity. But one thing we should both agree on is that Flynn never should have lied and he deserves to be held accountable for it.
You did get your ass kicked, no thinking about that, Slade. Flynn was set up...no matter how much you deny that.
When Comey's Hatchet Men got caught, they had to make up stupid shit like what you're posting.
You are right, Flynn was set up. He was asked a question which set him up for perjury if he lied. He chose to lie. So he fell into the trap. Glad we straightened that out. As for me making stupid shit up... since you can’t point to one thing that I’ve stated that is false I guess you fail there too.
What was Flynn's crime that the FBI was supposedly investigating? A fake 'Russia collusion' story that has long since been debunked? Come on Slade, you're dyin' here.
The FBI wasn’t investigating Flynn for a crime, they were investigating Russian interference in our election. They interviewed Flynn because he had been in contact with Russia. Flynn lied about those contacts. Simple. Next point

The FBI wasn’t investigating Flynn for a crime,

Exactly. That's why his lie, if he even lied, wasn't material to any investigation.
Didn't damage any investigation.

“Neither the answer he in fact gave nor the truth he allegedly concealed could have impeded or furthered the investigation.”
I misspoke. They did have an active investigation open on Flynn (Crossfire Razor) as part of a larger investigation into Russian interference and possible coordination with the Trump campaign (Crossfire Hurricane)
Yeah and when Stephanoploous talked to Biden, Biden said he did not know about investigations into Flynn, though Biden signed an unmasking request. THEN Biden claimed he thought the question was different. Really.....Do you swallow that bullshit?

LOL

Flynn is free to go.

Yes I do come to brawl at times. Depends on my mood. Nothing wrong with challenging the narratives people are pushing. If I make bad points during a brawl you should be able to shoot them down. But most people ditch the substance and resort to childish photos and insults.
Well, you keep saying Flynn lied. The legal records back that up because Flynn admitted it. What was the lie? As far as I can see, the 'lie' was Flynn saying he did not recall. That's it!!! Also, from recent reports, the FBI was trying to get him to lie according to inter agency correspondence. They wanted to get him to lie or get him to step down. Just saying 'Flynn lied' is, to me, a very monolithic view. I don't feel you are being objective and have an AX to grind with Trump. I'm not trying to insult you it's just the way I see it.

Also, the 'interview' was conducted in a hap-hazard way on purpose in order to catch Flynn off guard. They told him that a lawyer would just slow things down. Also, Flynn may have withheld information about his call because of National Security because he was part of the transition team. They basically convinced Flynn that he was guilty, threatened his son and bankrupted him with attorney fees.
Leo... be honest. Do you really think a judge, a defense attorney and Flynn himself would let this escalate to what it did over a “I dont recall” answer being called Perjury? It’s been 3 years and Trumps people have been in control of the FBI and DOJ. Be honest. You really think this went on for this long on something so paper thin?
Yes, because I know that there is evidence of wrong-doing in the upper ranks of the FBI and CIA. They wanted to remove Trump and went after those surrounding him. Flynn's defense attorneys were not given exculpatory evidence. Do you really think Trump and Flynn were colluding with the Russians? There is evidence coming out now that actually the Russians were trying to help Hillary as she was seen as less of a threat to them. Honestly, are you not aware of breaking issues?
I listen to more right wing news than MSM so I am very aware of the shit they spew. Problem is it lacks substance. Like your last statement. There is no evidence that the top of the FBI was trying to unseat a president without cause. I hear how y’all try to spin it but what you day doesn’t match with reality.

Do I really think Trump and Flynn were colliding with the Russians? To be honest I don’t really know or care. I think the mueller investigation was a huge waste of time and money. I think the Left went overboard with the “gotchya” attempts and trump fueled the whole thing by telling lie after lie.

IMO the whole Flynn thing was about Flynn lying to cover for Trump and I think Trump knew all about it

LOL

Flynn is free to go.

What was Flynn's crime that the FBI was supposedly investigating? A fake 'Russia collusion' story that has long since been debunked? Come on Slade, you're dyin' here.
The FBI wasn’t investigating Flynn for a crime, they were investigating Russian interference in our election. They interviewed Flynn because he had been in contact with Russia. Flynn lied about those contacts. Simple. Next point

Exactly. That's why his lie, if he even lied, wasn't material to any investigation.

“Neither the answer he in fact gave nor the truth he allegedly concealed could have impeded or furthered the investigation.”
I misspoke. They did have an active investigation open on Flynn (Crossfire Razor) as part of a larger investigation into Russian interference and possible coordination with the Trump campaign (Crossfire Hurricane)
Yeah and when Stephanoploous talked to Biden, Biden said he did not know about investigations into Flynn, though Biden signed an unmasking request. THEN Biden claimed he thought the question was different. Really.....Do you swallow that bullshit?
I don’t think that Biden interview was anything. Don’t be a drama queen and make something out of it. Especially after all the passes you give your guy for the double talk.

it’s pretty clear that Biden was briefed but not involved. Don’t make it into something more than it is.

LOL

Flynn is free to go.

I don’t think that Biden interview was anything. Don’t be a drama queen and make something out of it. Especially after all the passes you give your guy for the double talk.

it’s pretty clear that Biden was briefed but not involved. Don’t make it into something more than it is.
Yeah, Biden means nothing, I agree. He can't even remember where he is. Running him for Presidential candidate is tantamount to elder abuse.

LOL

Flynn is free to go.

don't make it less than it is so you can dismiss it.

you see, this is your biggest issue - you will move a ton of shit on your side to point out a turd on the other. it's pretty clear you have zero interest in being objective and every intention of simply saying the right is wrong on everything. period. end of story. <insert bullshit excuse here you'd never allow your way>

and so on and so forth.

if all this shit happened to obama, i would be furious with the right. you just don't do this to EITHER FUCKING SIDE, ya jackov. but your insistence your side is innocent while the other side is treasonous speaks volumes of your "agenda".

looks like many others have found in recent conversations what i found out 6+ months ago. you going to start ignoring them now too, son?

pretty soon it will be like you and faun sitting in a corner feeling superior with no one to talk to.

LOL

Flynn is free to go.

I listen to more right wing news than MSM so I am very aware of the shit they spew. Problem is it lacks substance. Like your last statement. There is no evidence that the top of the FBI was trying to unseat a president without cause. I hear how y’all try to spin it but what you day doesn’t match with reality.

Do I really think Trump and Flynn were colliding with the Russians? To be honest I don’t really know or care. I think the mueller investigation was a huge waste of time and money. I think the Left went overboard with the “gotchya” attempts and trump fueled the whole thing by telling lie after lie.

IMO the whole Flynn thing was about Flynn lying to cover for Trump and I think Trump knew all about it
let me get this straight -
you don't care if trump was colluding or not.
you think the huge investigation was a huge waste of time and money
you think the left went overboard wit GOTCHA attempts
you think trump was more or less trolling them to egg it on

yet your passion about flynn is he lied to cover up a liar OF WHICH you don't even care what trump lied about.

and you wonder why people think you're such a dumbass. your circular logic keeps crashing into itself.

That's definitely what I think happened. We know from interviews, emails and phone records that Flynn didn't just go rogue and start chatting up Kislyak. He sought guidance, I believe from Kushner, about what to say. He followed up with the transition team about the results and indicated to them that he was successful in his directive from the transition team.

Now, it's possible Kushner didn't keep Trump in the loop about these conversations, but that seems less likely to me. In my opinion, they all knew what Flynn said. Pence was delivering the party line on TV, also probably knowing it's a lie. Flynn is keeping up the charade to protect Trump and Pence from having to admit they lied to the public.

LOL

Flynn is free to go.

Yeah, Biden means nothing, I agree. He can't even remember where he is. Running him for Presidential candidate is tantamount to elder abuse.
Yeah, that’s totally what I was saying :cuckoo:

I see you’re done with grown up talk.

They did have an active investigation open on Flynn (Crossfire Razor)

That's the investigation where they decided.....

(noting “the absence of any derogatory information or lead information”). It stated that the investigation had failed to produce “any information on which to predicate further investigative efforts.” Id. at 3 (emphases added). And it noted that no interview of Mr. Flynn was required “as part of the
case closing procedure,” before concluding: “The FBI is closing this investigation.”

Until Peter Strzok (the insurance policy guy) intervened.

LOL

Flynn is free to go.

It's silly watching you spin with you debating half of the context.

Keep watching, the table is starting to lean against your party of corruption

That's the investigation where they decided.....

(noting “the absence of any derogatory information or lead information”). It stated that the investigation had failed to produce “any information on which to predicate further investigative efforts.” Id. at 3 (emphases added). And it noted that no interview of Mr. Flynn was required “as part of the
case closing procedure,” before concluding: “The FBI is closing this investigation.”

Until Peter Strzok (the insurance policy guy) intervened.
Yes, doubt Strzok was unilateral in that decision. Obviously there was more to the story than the Washington field office knew. Didn’t the IG look into Strzok and not find anything illegal?

LOL

Flynn is free to go.

Haha, I’m sorry. Are you implying that I argue half the context and you argue the full context?!

Why hasn't Trump fired him if that were true? Maybe because it is not?
Are you still defending Wray?.....the head of the FBI that has stonewalled for the last three years?....what is wrong with you?...

He hasn't had the position for 3 years. Unlike libtards, I wait for proof.
He's got it now....and he had it when Durham was appointed....he had it when Barr asked for FBI cooperation....maybe you should go back to correcting spelling....

You still have not proven that he knew anything about this.
I don't have to prove anything...he is at the top.....he is charged with running a corruption free agency.....he has failed....you should quit while you are losing....see....spelling shows little about intelligence...at 18 I wasn't sitting in a classroom I was crawling under barbed wire with an M-16....be careful who you pick a fight with....you may run into a brick wall like you have with this argument....now back to the classroom pal....

At 18, I had been in the Navy for 6 months, so STFU!

Why hasn't Trump fired him if that were true? Maybe because it is not?
Are you still defending Wray?.....the head of the FBI that has stonewalled for the last three years?....what is wrong with you?...

He hasn't had the position for 3 years. Unlike libtards, I wait for proof.
He's got it now....and he had it when Durham was appointed....he had it when Barr asked for FBI cooperation....maybe you should go back to correcting spelling....

You still have not proven that he knew anything about this.
I don't have to prove anything...he is at the top.....he is charged with running a corruption free agency.....he has failed....you should quit while you are losing....see....spelling shows little about intelligence...at 18 I wasn't sitting in a classroom I was crawling under barbed wire with an M-16....be careful who you pick a fight with....you may run into a brick wall like you have with this argument....now back to the classroom pal....

At 18, I had been in the Navy for 6 months, so STFU!
:auiqs.jpg: ...when was that 1956?.....I joined the Marine corps right out of high school and I'm still a reserve Marine today...on my 24th year....the last time a squid told me to shut up he had to be carried out of a bar in Mexico....

LOL

Flynn is free to go.

Pretty y sure he never started.

LOL

Flynn is free to go.

Haha, I’m sorry. Are you implying that I argue half the context and you argue the full context?!
Not at all.

You don't even get halfway there.

LOL

The judge is an activist hack that needs impeached, recalled or benched.
... and you base that on ... ?
The entire case or debacle as more information comes to light.

LOL

Flynn is free to go.

he can imply whatever he wants.

i'm saying you make shit up to fit your fantasies.

Forum List

Back