Looks like Stewarts rally makes Becks look like a get together.

Beck was no more than 150K at the extreme, and probably less than that. However, it does not matter if Stewart's rally was larger or not. What matters is that folks are revved up about politics. The Dems had their chance, couldn't work together, and it looks like the Pubs get the House. If the parties can't work together this coming term, I truly think the people will say with the Prince, a "Pox on both your houses," and we will see the worms come out on both extremes in greater strength.

Beck was no more than 150K at the extreme, and probably less than that. However, it does not matter if Stewart's rally was larger or not. What matters is that folks are revved up about politics. The Dems had their chance, couldn't work together, and it looks like the Pubs get the House. If the parties can't work together this coming term, I truly think the people will say with the Prince, a "Pox on both your houses," and we will see the worms come out on both extremes in greater strength.

You're wrong. It was around 300k. Colbert's was around 250k. Big fucking deal. It's a rally, it counts for jack shit.

Naw, maybe half of that for the beckster. But you are right. Neither one matters. Only Tuesday matters.

Naw, maybe half of that for the beckster. But you are right. Neither one matters. Only Tuesday matters.

NBC quoted 300k for Becks. Hell, they were looking for a whine about it and even they got the figure right. Live with it. It appears that it actually does matter to you - you seem to have a bee in your bonnet that Becks be lower than Colberts. Personally, I go with the liberal media - they sure as hell wanted it to be as low as possible.

Grow up.

Not at all. You are the one projecting on it, but hey, if you are accepting NBC, who knows? And you are right, it doesn't matter, but it is fun to watch you jump at times.

Not at all. You are the one projecting on it, but hey, if you are accepting NBC, who knows? And you are right, it doesn't matter, but it is fun to watch you jump at times.

Actually, I just happen to know why NBC used that figure. And I know it's pretty accurate. And, since the organizers themselves are saying 250k for Colbert, that sounds reasonable. I'd say they were pretty even. And I really don't care. I'm just anal about accuracy with this kind of shit.

You're wrong. It was around 300k. Colbert's was around 250k. Big fucking deal. It's a rally, it counts for jack shit.

The same person who the liberals bitched about over the inauguration numbers, because they were under what they said, 800,000 instead of 2 billion. Put the crowd at a little under 100,000, he also used a certain method with aerial photos. I figured it the guy has pissed off both groups, he is probably pretty close.
I wouldn't put Beck's crowd over 100,000, crowds seem bigger. ;)

The same person who the liberals bitched about over the inauguration numbers, because they were under what they said, 800,000 instead of 2 billion. Put the crowd at a little under 100,000, he also used a certain method with aerial photos. I figured it the guy has pissed off both groups, he is probably pretty close.
I wouldn't put Beck's crowd over 100,000, crowds seem bigger. ;)

The figure of 300k for Becks comes from academics, not aerial photos. Academics don't rate aerial methodology as being as accurate as the tried and tested - and relied on by Government for official stats for years methodology which uses a huge variety of angles and solid measurements to estimate. The reason they are no longer able to provide official figures is because of the controversy surrounding the Million Man March. This is fact. Those academics gave an unofficial (ie they cannot be quoted) figure for the Beck rally as 300,000.

I'll put in a request on Monday and see what, if anything, they say about Corberts but, in the absence of anything more scientific, the organisers themselves said 250,000. That's probably pretty accurate.

Without doubt, the two crowds are about equal.

What I'm trying to figure out if any from the left or right think that the great unwashed that will be showing up Tuesday are really influenced by the rallies or their numbers?

They'll still be "stoned". Would rather party than vote in a meaningless election.

Great signs:

rally1.jpg

nambla.jpg

politico1.jpg

rallyhitler.jpg

I wonder if the last one will be broadcasted all over the networks. (ha ha Chanel made a funny)

rallytorestoresanitycrowd.jpg

Whatever it was, there were a helluva lot of people there.

Let us remember, shallwe, that the polling numbers for support for the GOP and the Dems are even lower than Obama's.

And Congress gets even less support than that!

The American people are fed up.

We see this in the TEA PARTY rallies and we're seeing it here, too.

And while we certainly have wildly different solutions to offer, and while we completely disagree about how to fix things, I think its safe to say that one thing we have in common is this.

The American people are tired of the same old BS from BOTH PARTIES.

80% of those recntly polled say that they want the incoming Congress to act cooperatively to solve our problems, folks.

You partisans on both sides are out of step with the POPULAR opinion.

This rally is, I think, a rally for SANITY.

And sanity is something that both parties have failed to give us.

JokeStarkey said:
Just saw a news video of the crowd today: it was huge, for sure.

Nobody believes you...

Dr.Dweeb, nobody cares what you say. The photos speak for themselves, while you and Zander speak for your delusions.

Jake, you don't get to make decrees about what other people do and do not care about. It makes you look stupid.

Nice to see you're still hung up on the crowd numbers... despite being given the opportunity to discuss the content of the message of the day. Just goes to show what you think is important. Big numbers matter more than substance. Good to know.

Nobody believes you...

Dr.Dweeb, nobody cares what you say. The photos speak for themselves, while you and Zander speak for your delusions.

Jake, you don't get to make decrees about what other people do and do not care about. It makes you look stupid.

Nice to see you're still hung up on the crowd numbers... despite being given the opportunity to discuss the content of the message of the day. Just goes to show what you think is important. Big numbers matter more than substance. Good to know.

When it is directed at me, of course, I do, CaliforniaGirl, and it is immaterial to me if you think it makes me look stupid.

The numbers aren't important other than that posters should be generally honest about them.

Last edited:
JokeStarkey said:
Just saw a news video of the crowd today: it was huge, for sure.

Nobody believes you...

Dropping down to modifying quotes?

There was no quote modification. It was verbatim.

The username was tweaked, but to call that a quote modification is facially stupid of you.

Besides, it's true. Even Jokey knows he's just a joke. He just won't admit it.

Good morning. Liability is fun to read for grins and chuckles.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back