Looks like Stewarts rally makes Becks look like a get together.

Revere wants to hide his far right extremism, turning it off and on as it suits him. That is far more likely than Jon doing such a thing.

Nonesense, eagleseven. That a dysfunctional personality does not understand extremism is an illness can't be expected to comprehend what we are discussing here. The center is what holds America together, and the extremes are what try to tear it apart.
One man's extremist is another man's savior.

'Moderate' is like 'Middle Class'; a poorly-defined term, subject to wild interpretations, that effectively means nothing. In 1930s Germany, the 'moderates' were Nazis.

But keep patting yourself on the back for your 'moderate-ness' if it makes you feel better.

Your illness manifests itself.

Nonesense, eagleseven. That a dysfunctional personality does not understand extremism is an illness can't be expected to comprehend what we are discussing here. The center is what holds America together, and the extremes are what try to tear it apart.
One man's extremist is another man's savior.

'Moderate' is like 'Middle Class'; a poorly-defined term, subject to wild interpretations, that effectively means nothing. In 1930s Germany, the 'moderates' were Nazis.

But keep patting yourself on the back for your 'moderate-ness' if it makes you feel better.

Your illness manifests itself.
Your arrogance overwhelms me. It's totally effective.

And the sad thing is it will influence more Democrats to come out and vote to support The Democrats which was probably the real reason for this anyway.

Voter turnout is bad? Or, uh, "sad"?

It is statements like what Rozman has said that just give more evidence to the nature of Rwers' voter repression tendencies.

In their minds, they have figured out who will NOT vote their way, and have decided to do anything to stop them. From telling them to vote on the following day, to having their goons at the voting booths stopping them from voting because zey zon't have zeir paypahz!

Jon Stewart's real last name is Liebowitz. Why does he want to pass himself off as a WASP?

He doesn't. You've never watched his show, have you? :lol:

He makes references to and jokes about being Jewish on a regular basis. One of the reasons I like him is his ability to laugh at himself.

(Something certain unnamed people around here would do well to learn)

But he does not use his real name. He wants to turn his Jewishness on and off when it makes business sense to him.
People use "different last names" all the time. Hell, in Whoopi Goldberg's case, that isn't even hear real name! (It's Caryn Johnson).

People do that stuff all the time in the entertainment world...

The arrogance of the extremes, the very small minority of Americans, turns folks off, eagleseven. Simply, you don't know better, and you don't have the votes, so, who cares?

washington_large.jpg

Fucking extremists, starting a war over taxes!

The war started because the Parliament would not compromise, not because the Americans were overly aggressive until Lexington and Concord. Your mistake is assuming the administration and the legislative branches are tyrannical and that you are oppressed. No, you are not a modern day patriot.

You're putting your vote where your mouth is...this I can respect.

Voting for the Libertarians last cycle aided the Democratic landslide...and so I intend to correct that horrible mistake.

It's your vote, I wouldn't dream of telling you what to do with it. I kinda like the Libertarians, myself. Some of them are crazy nutty but some make a lot of sense. Depends on the candidate. I'll be voting for one here. The D and R candidates in that particular race both suck too badly to even hold my nose to vote for them.

But I don't have a party affiliation or even one that comes close to adequately representing my views, so maybe it's easier for me to disregard the letter behind the name. /shrug
I'm never well-represented, being small-government and very-socially-liberal. But this election cycle, the Democratic expansion of the Federal government must be stopped.

I don't trust the Republicans to control their own spending, but I'm hoping a Republican Congress fighting with a Democratic Executive will stop our fiscal insanity.

I'm sort of all over the map when it comes to my views, I felt most at home in the old Northeastern liberal libertarian wing of the GOP before they booted us all to the curb to make way for the neocons. I lean somewhat left overall but the Dems right now are progressives and I'm not a fan of progressivism. And the Libertarians as a party have been taken so far right they're more of a reactionary party in a lot of ways. So all I really have to vote for is the individual.

I hate all parties as organizations equally. They're all crooks, liars and thieves - or would be if they got a chance at a slice of the porkpie. I have zero, zip, nada, nil faith that changing the letter behind anybody's name in Congress will have any effect on what's been happening for more than a generation. Call me cynical, but both parties put the spending system in place, both benefit from it, why would they stop it?

Jon Stewart's real last name is Liebowitz. Why does he want to pass himself off as a WASP?

He makes references to and jokes about being Jewish on a regular basis. One of the reasons I like him is his ability to laugh at himself.

But he does not use his real name. He wants to turn his Jewishness on and off when it makes business sense to him.

You keep thinking that if it makes you sleep better at night. :lol:

People use "different last names" all the time. Hell, in Whoopi Goldberg's case, that isn't even hear real name! (It's Caryn Johnson).

People do that stuff all the time in the entertainment world...

Not the same. Liebowitz -> Stewart is clearly intended to WASP him.

Call me cynical, but both parties put the spending system in place, both benefit from it, why would they stop it?
Because if both parties continue to ignore the problem, America will fall.

Of course, that's why I think we're doomed. But I'm not giving up just yet.

---

If the Democrats stay in power, or the Republicans take power and continue the failed policies of the Bush era, I'll be taking my medical training to New Zealand or Australia before America collapses.

Biggest crowd since the inaugaration. It is more of an entertainment event for independants and moderates as opposed to the far left or right rallys held earlier in the year. I think that it appeals more to a bigger group of people. Itd be interesting to be there except college football trumps this stuff by a mile.

Whatever the actual number is, it's good that people are getting out and being engaged in politics and rallies like this. My understanding is that this thing started out as just a joke, but once people started showing interest in it they made plans to do an actual rally. I like the Daily Show, and the slightly less funny Colbert Report. Stewart does a pretty good job on calling out the media on their bullshit.

Forum List

Back