Looks like Humana is next to go

Democrats own 100% of Obamacare, about the only smart move Republicans have made in the last 7 years it not one Republican voted for that unconstitutional liberal turd. Own it libs own it all!

Democrats own 100% of Obamacare, about the only smart move Republicans have made in the last 7 years it not one Republican voted for that unconstitutional liberal turd. Own it libs own it all!

Trump says he'll implement single-payer.

At least that's what he's been saying recently 'cause he thinks it's cool. By next week he could be saying something else entirely.

At least that's what he's been saying recently 'cause he thinks it's cool. By next week he could be saying something else entirely.

Meh I'd require able bodied welfare recipients to pick up trash along the highways, be glad its Trump running and not me.

Meh I'd require able bodied welfare recipients to pick up trash along the highways, be glad its Trump running and not me.

Several cities (Albuquerque, San Jose, CA, and others) pay homeless people to clean up their neighborhoods. They get a small stipend, a meal, a bed, and a medical checkup...not to mention pride in their surroundings.

Several cities (Albuquerque, San Jose, CA, and others) pay homeless people to clean up their neighborhoods. They get a small stipend, a meal, a bed, and a medical checkup...not to mention pride in their surroundings.

Total non-sequitor, Arianrhod, but if healthcare is a right, do you also think that other necessities of life are a "right" - ie food, clothing, shelter, transportation, etc....?

Total non-sequitor, Arianrhod, but if healthcare is a right, do you also think that other necessities of life are a "right" - ie food, clothing, shelter, transportation, etc....?

Haven't we had this conversation before?

I'm not sure. Did you answer?

Not to your satisfaction, apparently.

The idea that someone else serving you could be considered a "right" blows my mind a little. Isn't that the basic premise of slavery?

The idea that someone else serving you could be considered a "right" blows my mind a little. Isn't that the basic premise of slavery?

The question you asked was "if healthcare is a right, do you also think that other necessities of life are a 'right' - ie food, clothing, shelter, transportation, etc....?"

I don't see "someone else serving you" in there anywhere.

The question you asked was "if healthcare is a right, do you also think that other necessities of life are a 'right' - ie food, clothing, shelter, transportation, etc....?"

Really? How else is health care provided? Food? Clothing? Shelter?

That's what worries me. You've never really done that math on this.

So the cashier in your supermarket is a slave? The bus driver who takes you across town is a slave? The waiter who serves your meal is a slave? Anyone in any job who interacts with other people is a slave? Wow.

All we had to do was expand the existing Medicare/Medicare Supplement/Medicare Advantage program to all. The blending of public and private that already works.

"All we had to do" was pass Medicare-for-all? Where exactly would one have found the votes for that?

Incremental change will almost always win out over giant structural changes like what you're suggesting.
First of all, this would not have been "giant structural change". All of the pieces and systems are in place, they're working, and the task would have been scaling them up. Re-assignment of policies. New provider contracts. Probably a couple of years. It would be in place and humming by now.

Second, I don't care if they didn't have the votes at the time. There was not a clock ticking or a deadline. The GOP was going to be no help, but the Dems could have scaled this up and presented it. They could have illustrated the free market elements of the system. They could have made the GOP look absolutely foolish in public debate.

Yes, it would have been a lot of work. Instead, they created this pig, told us we'd know what was in it later, and shoved it through by the barest of margins.

So the cashier in your supermarket is a slave? The bus driver who takes you across town is a slave? The waiter who serves your meal is a slave? Anyone in any job who interacts with other people is a slave? Wow.

Not unless I claim their services as my "right".

ObamaCare should be repealed period. It is a forced program leaving people no free choice in the matter and penalizing people who fail or refuse to buckle under and purchase a coverage plan. The rules, regulations, and massive amounts of "paperwork" (or data input) placed on doctors and their medical staff have caused a tremendous loss of perfectly good physicians. My physicians are fully aware of my feelings on the subject - I don't even want to go to a physician anymore - and probably to my detriment, I no longer give up anymore information about myself than I absolutely have to. I feel like my medical care is no longer a private and protected matter between me and my physician, but an open matter to every government agency there is. Good riddance to the program, I say.
:rolleyes:

You forgot death panels.
LOL! ... Honey, at my age ... I never forget the death panels!!

Arianrhod, I hope you'll give this some thought. When say something is your right, that means it can't be refused to you. Claiming a service as a right means someone must serve you, potentially against their will.

Arianrhod, I hope you'll give this some thought. When say something is your right, that means it can't be refused to you. Claiming a service as a right means someone must serve you, potentially against their will.

Well, there's that annoying business of "life and liberty." (I won't trouble you with "pursuit of happiness.")

I don't know your position on contraception and abortion, but I do know it's always fun to challenge the Save the Fetuses!!! (but they're not my problem once they're born) crowd to show how life and liberty can be preserved in the absence of food, clothing, and shelter.

Well, there's that annoying business of "life and liberty." (I won't trouble you with "pursuit of happiness.")

I don't know your position on contraception and abortion, but I do know it's always fun to challenge the Save the Fetuses!!! (but they're not my problem once they're born) crowd to show how life and liberty can be preserved in the absence of food, clothing, and shelter.

You can't see how forcing someone else to serve you violates their life and liberty?

You can't see how forcing someone else to serve you violates their life and liberty?

Who's the "you" in that question? Does a newborn have the right to life and liberty? What about someone with disabilities so profound they're unable to support themselves? Do you (dblack) presume to create categories of who should live and who should die? For one thing, you'd be very busy. For another, you're providing an excellent explanation for why RWs believe in "death panels."

Forum List

Back