Looking for a general-type game

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
I love playing Madden 2004. But I need a game that allows me to be a General... command armies, conquer nations, destroy opposing forces, etc. Preferably with modern weaponry. Any suggestions?

Well, I was going to say Command and Conquer, LOL! I don't play it but my husbands addicted, LOL! :D

I was thinking Civilization without the city-building part.

I suppose I'll have to get Command and Conquer then! I used to have C&C Red Alert but that was a LONG time ago.

Are there any C&C type games with real-world weaponry?

Depending on whether you want board type strategy games or three dementional real time games.

Cand C is a real time game as is red alert.

Some of the better wargames that are not real time are Talonsofts the Art of War 1 and II, Rising Sun. East Front. West Front and one of my favorites that you can get from home of the underdogs is steel panthers in ww2. Its free and can be down loaded and stored on your pc. Most of the games listed there are freeware because the copyrights have run out.

Part 2 of the Cand C game is called Tiberian Sun.

There's also Panzer general 1 2 and 3D, Allied General and pacific general.

Rise of Nations is good, allows you to advance through the ages and become a nuclear power. I found it to be pretty stressful though, but still good nonetheless. You may want to look into Superpower and Superpower 2. I own both of them and they are both great. On the strategic level to the extreme.

My favorite general game, though, would have to be Rome: Total War, but that isn't modern and takes a monster of a machine to run well, especially during large battles, so forget I said anything.

Forum List

Back