Look who's in the 1%

naturegirl

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2011
NW Georgia
Why it's our elected officials, they just keep getting richer all the time. Funny how that works.

Members of Congress had a collective net worth of more than $2 billion in 2010, a nearly 25 percent increase over the 2008 total, according to a Roll Call analysis of Members' financial disclosure forms.

Nearly 90 percent of that increase is concentrated in the 50 richest Members of Congress.

Two years ago, Roll Call found that the minimum net worth of House Members was slightly more than $1 billion; Senators had a combined minimum worth of $651 million for a Congressional total of $1.65 billion. Roll Call calculates minimum net worth by adding the minimum values of all reported assets and subtracting the minimum values of all reported liabilities.

According to financial disclosure forms filed by Members of Congress this year, the minimum net worth in the House has jumped to $1.26 billion, and Senate net worth has climbed to at least $784 million, for a Congressional total of $2.04 billion.

Rest of the story here: And Congress’ Rich Get Richer : Roll Call News

Now where were we on why they spend so much money for a $174,000 per year job??

Is this news? Were you under the impression that our government wasn't in the pocket of big business already?

A while back Ariana Huffington's then-hubby (before he went gay) was running for office in SoCal. He spent millions of his own money but ended up losing anyway. I love it when that happens!

I remember Ariana was on KFI one day and the on air guy, John Cobylt was asking her why he was spending so much of his own money to get a job that doesn't pay much and she was really evasive. Of course it's for the power and connections so they can get rich at all of ours expense.

The best part was when John asked her why they had donated so much to the John Roger cult and Ariana just said:
"OK, that's the end of this interview. Goodbye!" and hung up! :lol:

A while back Ariana Huffington's then-hubby (before he went gay) was running for office in SoCal. He spent millions of his own money but ended up losing anyway. I love it when that happens!

Oh, you mean like Meg Whitman did running for Governor? She spent $144 million of her own money and lost to governor Moonbeam :lol:

Like that you mean?

Why it's our elected officials, they just keep getting richer all the time. Funny how that works.

Members of Congress had a collective net worth of more than $2 billion in 2010, a nearly 25 percent increase over the 2008 total, according to a Roll Call analysis of Members' financial disclosure forms.

Nearly 90 percent of that increase is concentrated in the 50 richest Members of Congress.

Two years ago, Roll Call found that the minimum net worth of House Members was slightly more than $1 billion; Senators had a combined minimum worth of $651 million for a Congressional total of $1.65 billion. Roll Call calculates minimum net worth by adding the minimum values of all reported assets and subtracting the minimum values of all reported liabilities.

According to financial disclosure forms filed by Members of Congress this year, the minimum net worth in the House has jumped to $1.26 billion, and Senate net worth has climbed to at least $784 million, for a Congressional total of $2.04 billion.

So, have you signed the petition to get the money out politics?

Did it bother you as much as me to see John Boner handing out lobbying checks on the house floor during a vote on the issue they got the payoff for?

It's been an issue for me for a while. People get into politics and become wealthy if they hit DC. I have issues with people getting rich from 'serving' the people. Makes one wonder... who are the 'people' that they are serving. That's why I dislike politicians.

98% of Americans are honest, hard working people. The rest are in prison, or politics.

And if the OWS petulant children had half a brain they'd ALL converge on the District Of Criminals and attack the Crony Capitalism, and that includes the biggest fish...Barack Hussein Obama.

Forum List

Back