Look who cares more.. Mitt is on his way to New Orleans

Hey did you keep power through the storm?

I went into NOLA yesterday to check on the house - everything OK but I barely got there. I10 was closed at Grammercy, I took 61 in but at times only one lane was drivable and even then it had 6" to 1 foot of water in it. Was afraid I might wind up stranded, I had no idea Isaac was still pounding St Charles and St John that bad, I should have stayed in BR. On the way back I played it safe, crossed the river at Hale Boggs, took 3127 and then crossed back at the Sunshine.

EDIT: I saw thousands of acres of sugar cane pushed over to 45 degree angles or lower.

Yep, kept power & Cox... its a first! I have my elderly neighbor staying with us till her power gets back online... poor thing is in her eighties. Got a full house, daughter and her boyfriend, son, neigbor and ex-wife..

Woo ho!!

So why did Jindal beg for federal relief?

What on Earth does this have to do with anything I said... anyway, I'm fortunate and the exception rather than the rule.. there are tens of thousands affected, many in a life changing way.

What he said. ^

Hey did you keep power through the storm?

I went into NOLA yesterday to check on the house - everything OK but I barely got there. I10 was closed at Grammercy, I took 61 in but at times only one lane was drivable and even then it had 6" to 1 foot of water in it. Was afraid I might wind up stranded, I had no idea Isaac was still pounding St Charles and St John that bad, I should have stayed in BR. On the way back I played it safe, crossed the river at Hale Boggs, took 3127 and then crossed back at the Sunshine.

EDIT: I saw thousands of acres of sugar cane pushed over to 45 degree angles or lower.

Yep, kept power & Cox... its a first! I have my elderly neighbor staying with us till her power gets back online... poor thing is in her eighties. Got a full house, daughter and her boyfriend, son, neigbor and ex-wife..

Woo ho!!
That's exceptionally lucky! You look at an Entergy outage map and seems like 90% of the city is without power.

I'm sure he cares. I don't know anyone who could go to a disaster zone and not have compassion for people who have to deal with the fallout.

I have family in Colorado Springs. obama landed, took a few photo ops and left. Whatever compassion he showed was a statement written by someone else and read off the teleprompter.

I don't really see how your having family in Colorado Springs negates the fact that Obama actually met with victims and their families.

Tell us, has he met with the Murdered border agents family.

After all his death has Obamas finger prints all over it.

The way Obama stood up and demanded justice was...well................

A giant kiss my ass to every democrat is appropriate.....

Go fuck yourself

Did you build a house in a flood zone?
I bought one in flood zone B. Its fully insured against floods.
Do you encourage people that build in flood zones?

There is a REASON they call them FLOOD zones. That makes you angry?
What is your point? That people shouldn't build where natural disasters occur? Where do you live?

I actually live on a 35 ft boat when I'm not guarding this motel. Consequently I don't worry about floods.

We have people that live in river flood plains in Washington. We have a word for them... "stupid".

Did he gather with local leaders, shake hands, wear hardhats, look at plans for re-construction and point to somewhere off camera like in a cheap Political Ad?

Simply showing up in a Hurricane zone doesn't mean you "care".

I'm sure he cares. I don't know anyone who could go to a disaster zone and not have compassion for people who have to deal with the fallout.

I have family in Colorado Springs. obama landed, took a few photo ops and left. Whatever compassion he showed was a statement written by someone else and read off the teleprompter.
I was actually referring to Romney, but I think this show we really aren't that different, both sides have partisan hacks who will condemn the other guy no matter what he does.

Woo ho!!

What on Earth does this have to do with anything I said... anyway, I'm fortunate and the exception rather than the rule.. there are tens of thousands affected, many in a life changing way.

I think his point is that Jindal has no problem sticking his hand out for that federal pork when it suits him.

But you're right- it had nothing to do with your post.

I don't really see how your having family in Colorado Springs negates the fact that Obama actually met with victims and their families.

He didn't meet with victims and their families. He landed, took some photos, read a prepared statement off a teleprompter and left. Had I not had family in Colorado Springs to tell me what actually happened, I might have believed the government propaganda that obama actually met with victims and their families.

Did you build a house in a flood zone?
Do you encourage people that build in flood zones?

There is a REASON they call them FLOOD zones. That makes you angry?
What is your point? That people shouldn't build where natural disasters occur? Where do you live?

I actually live on a 35 ft boat when I'm not guarding this motel. Consequently I don't worry about floods.

We have people that live in river flood plains in Washington. We have a word for them... "stupid".

What are you protecting a motel in Seattle from?

He didn't meet with victims and their families. He landed, took some photos, read a prepared statement off a teleprompter and left. Had I not had family in Colorado Springs to tell me what actually happened, I might have believed the government propaganda that obama actually met with victims and their families.

Thank you for telling what REALLY happened.

What are you protecting a motel in Seattle from?

Union thugs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So now Obama will be visting N.O. to survey the damage . . . on Monday. A Tulane University political science professor, Brian Box said ""Since he is not currently a government official, he has no assistance to offer, and all he can do is get in the way (especially with his large entourage/Secret Service and by diverting local law enforcement attention away from recovery)," said Brian Brox, a political scientist at Tulane University. " I understand Jindal's offer and Romney's acceptance (this will allow Romney to get some optics of doing the kind of chief executive things we expect presidents to do), but I would think the best possible outcome of this visit would be that he just doesn't get in the way."

I wonder just how large Rom's "entourage" will be? I've seen these in the past and they amount to just a couple of vehicles.
Anyway:

President Obama to survey Isaac damage on visit to New Orleans Monday | NOLA.com
^^ "The White House said details of President Obama's visit will be released later." ^^

Last edited:
i don't really see how your having family in colorado springs negates the fact that obama actually met with victims and their families.

he didn't meet with victims and their families. He landed, took some photos, read a prepared statement off a teleprompter and left. Had i not had family in colorado springs to tell me what actually happened, i might have believed the government propaganda that obama actually met with victims and their families.

thank you for telling what really happened.

lol!

white republicans really wana talk about response time with people in NO. They really wanted to just let blacks die, otherwise Bush adminstration would have been there earlier.

Are you always this stupid or just practicing?

Idiot..........

Then what took bush so long?

Dem governor delaying emergency declaration for 24 hours.

It would help if you knew some of the information troll...........

He didn't meet with victims and their families. He landed, took some photos, read a prepared statement off a teleprompter and left. Had I not had family in Colorado Springs to tell me what actually happened,

How would they know what actually happened? Did they follow the President around during his visit, or does just being in the area give them that knowledge through some sort of short range telepathy?

I might have believed the government propaganda that obama actually met with victims and their families.

I had no idea that local WAFB channel 9 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana was "government propaganda"

Pres. Obama visits BR teen wounded in theater shooting - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Oh look, this must be one of his look alikes:
19085171_BG4.jpg

So now Obama will be visting N.O. to survey the damage . . . on Monday. A Tulane University political science professor, Brian Box said ""Since he is not currently a government official, he has no assistance to offer, and all he can do is get in the way (especially with his large entourage/Secret Service and by diverting local law enforcement attention away from recovery)," said Brian Brox, a political scientist at Tulane University. " I understand Jindal's offer and Romney's acceptance (this will allow Romney to get some optics of doing the kind of chief executive things we expect presidents to do), but I would think the best possible outcome of this visit would be that he just doesn't get in the way."

President Obama to survey Isaac damage on visit to New Orleans Monday | NOLA.com
^^ "The White House said details of President Obama's visit will be released later." ^^

Gee, that's what Bush said when he didn't immediately go to New Orleans after Katrina.

Unlike Bush OR obama, Romney might have some actual organizational advice to give since organization and fixing problems is his thing.

I wonder just how large Rom's "entourage" will be? I've seen these in the past and they amount to just a couple of vehicles.
Anyway:

A little late.... Mitt beat him. Campaigning was too important.

I think his point is that Jindal has no problem sticking his hand out for that federal pork when it suits him.

But you're right- it had nothing to do with your post.

Hey, that isn't a (D) or an (R) thing... Anyway, I have no problem with disaster assistance... but I think the feds have an obligation to not give us shitty levees and I think we have an obligation to take care of ourselves as best we can and not deliberately burden the system. Both help mitigate disasters.

BTW.. I think Mitch did a great job... what a refreshing change...

Forum List

Back