LONGEST WAR WATCH: US Names 18th Afghan War Commander - Are We Winning Yet?...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
And so the longest war in US history drags on. 17 Years and counting. Why are we still in Afghanistan?

After 17 years of war, innumerable new "strategies," and trillions of dollars spent, the US war in Afghanistan is no closer to being "won" than ever. Will naming yet another war commander do the trick? Don't hold your breath!

Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity

Now Trump cancelling the meeting with Un? I'm afraid he's allowing the Neocon lunatics to control his Foreign Policy. He really blew a fantastic opportunity for Peace. I'm very disappointed in him.

Folks should check out this movie on Netflix. It really sums up the Afghanistan folly. Appointing an 18th Commander isn't gonna matter.

"So we're growing Heroin instead." :lmao:

Last edited:
And so the longest war in US history drags on. 17 Years and counting. Why are we still in Afghanistan?

After 17 years of war, innumerable new "strategies," and trillions of dollars spent, the US war in Afghanistan is no closer to being "won" than ever. Will naming yet another war commander do the trick? Don't hold your breath!

technically, I think Korea is our longest war. But once the Taliban helped bring down the Towers, we were in this for the long haul. I'd expect at least another generation.

technically, I think Korea is our longest war. But once the Taliban helped bring down the Towers, we were in this for the long haul. I'd expect at least another generation.

Let's get out. We exterminated Al Qaeda and killed Bin Laden. Mission Accomplished. Time to come home.

Let's get out. We exterminated Al Qaeda and killed Bin Laden. Mission Accomplished. Time to come home.

If the Taliban would promise to never give cover to another terror organization we should, but they won't .... and they will and actually do right now.

Oh, and check out 'War Machine' on Netflix. It sums it all up. Good movie.

If the Taliban would promise to never give cover to another terror organization we should, but they won't .... and they will and actually do right now.

Half the country supports the Taliban. Afghanistan is divided along ethnic tribal lines. Many Afghans outside of Kabul, will never support a US Puppet Government. They'll turn to the Taliban to help fight it. We exterminated Al Qaeda and killed Bin Laden. We don't belong there anymore.

Massive waste of money and resource and lives.

We can leave tomorrow or we can leave in 10 years and the outcome will be the same.

I find it telling the only people that want us to stay are people that know they will never have to go and back up their views. Easy to push for a war to continue from the safety of your basement sitting on your computer.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Massive waste of money and resource and lives.

We can leave tomorrow or we can leave in 10 years and the outcome will be the same.

I find it telling the only people that want us to stay are people that know they will never have to go and back up their views. Easy to push for a war to continue from the safety of your basement sitting on your computer.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Yeah, what is the definition of 'Win' these days? Doesn't look like we 'Win' wars anymore. We just continuously fight them. They're Wars with no 'Wins', or end. But i guess it is a perfect setup for the MIC powers-that-be. They have us locked into a permanent state of war. It's very sad.

Forum List

Back