Long after death, Confederate spy honored in Ark.

Yep, may as well let the whole damn coutry end up that way, no since trying to find solutions and just let 536 professional politicians do what ever the hell they can dream up. That always winds up peachy keen. I figured you had a little more conviction and would have countered my answer to your teabagger claims. Sorry I over estimated you.

that was the agreement each state made.....Confederates are like progressives if things dont go exactly they way they want they show their word means nothing.....

Have you actually taken the time to read the Constitution, if you have you might want to do it again cause you didn't understand it the first time, if you think what we have now even resembles what is contained in that document.
Where is it a right to commit treason in the constitution?

that was the agreement each state made.....Confederates are like progressives if things dont go exactly they way they want they show their word means nothing.....

Have you actually taken the time to read the Constitution, if you have you might want to do it again cause you didn't understand it the first time, if you think what we have now even resembles what is contained in that document.

Where is the right for the feds to ignore the constitution, and demanding they follow it is not treason, whether it is done by an individual or a state. If the contract has been broken, there is nothing to bind anyone. Here's a little homework. Show me in the constitution where the feds have the right to own or control more than one third of the lands in the United States. The constitution is very specific on the lands the government can control, here's a hint, it can be found in Article 1, Section 8.

You libertarians and secessionists live in a Republic governed by the representatives elected by We the People, your peers. That's the end of it until you can get a supermajority.

Where is the right for the feds to ignore the constitution, and demanding they follow it is not treason, whether it is done by an individual or a state. If the contract has been broken, there is nothing to bind anyone. Here's a little homework. Show me in the constitution where the feds have the right to own or control more than one third of the lands in the United States. The constitution is very specific on the lands the government can control, here's a hint, it can be found in Article 1, Section 8.
Where in it did it say slavery couldn't be outlawed?????? If your going to talk about confederates talk abut the real reason they committed treason.

Where in it did it say slavery couldn't be outlawed?????? If your going to talk about confederates talk abut the real reason they committed treason.

You have no idea what the constituion was for. It was written to define and limit federal authority. The 9th and 10th amendments plainly state that there are no implied powers, if it is not a specifically granted power, the feds don't have it.

Since you jumped in, how about you answer the question, or are you like everyone else I've asked specific questions to, too big a coward to really look at how the government has violated the constitution?

14th Amendment puts paid to the 9th and 10th, end of story.

You have no idea what the constituion was for. It was written to define and limit federal authority. The 9th and 10th amendments plainly state that there are no implied powers, if it is not a specifically granted power, the feds don't have it.

Since you jumped in, how about you answer the question, or are you like everyone else I've asked specific questions to, too big a coward to really look at how the government has violated the constitution?

To much stupidity in this thread...ya got mental midgets thinking they know a damn thing about the founding of this country and how it came to be yet they don't realize the states weren't forced into becoming a union they chose to make a union and they can choose to undo that union at any time...good thing I only have to see their stupidity when its quoted.

You might want to let the supremes and the states know that, pinhead.

Now answer the question.

That is the answer, you don't get it or the Constitution, and you are the weakest link. Dismissed!

You might want to let the supremes and the states know that, pinhead.

Now answer the question.

To much stupidity in this thread...ya got mental midgets thinking they know a damn thing about the founding of this country and how it came to be yet they don't realize the states weren't forced into becoming a union they chose to make a union and they can choose to undo that union at any time...good thing I only have to see their stupidity when its quoted.

The ONLY way to leave the Union with out winning a war of Rebellion is if Congress agrees to let you go. Pretty simple concept really. THAT is the law of the land and is Constitutional as well.

The ONLY way to leave the Union with out winning a war of Rebellion is if Congress agrees to let you go. Pretty simple concept really. THAT is the law of the land and is Constitutional as well.

Pleas show me the law congress passed, or where it is written in the constitution. Only thin I've seen is where the supremes made an assumption, which is easily reversed by another court.

Wrong. The states forming the union after independence from Britain did some VOLUNTARILY...so we can leave the same damn way...now if you really want to get into a war with states that choose to do so that's fine...in a Guerrilla war the accountants are the ones that tell the general's its to damn expensive to go on....it happened in Vietnam and it happened in Iraq and its still happening in Afghanistan...the US can not win a Guerrilla war...make it to expensive for the government to continue is all ya gotta do.

Long after death, Confederate spy honored in Ark. - Yahoo! News

As he should be. Great men who fought for the right to determine our own fate,interesting how 150 years later we still have morons in the msm who still think the war was fought over slavery...wonder why they don't make such a huge fuss over white slaves from Britain? I don't agree with slavery and indeed my family as far as I know never owned a slave just like a good majority of Confederate soldiers did not they fought for their homeland and their freedom...today more than ever I do wish we had succeeded.

Why again did the Southern States want to leave the Union after Linclon was elected?

Slavery was an issue, (a necessary evil?) that was kicked down the road by the founders......

Wrong. The states forming the union after independence from Britain did some VOLUNTARILY...so we can leave the same damn way...now if you really want to get into a war with states that choose to do so that's fine...in a Guerrilla war the accountants are the ones that tell the general's its to damn expensive to go on....it happened in Vietnam and it happened in Iraq and its still happening in Afghanistan...the US can not win a Guerrilla war...make it to expensive for the government to continue is all ya gotta do.

I think it's time you lay out in no uncertain terms whatever point you are trying to make in this thread. Do you think that states should secede and if so how it would be an improvement? No rantings about the federal government being so horrible, no shitty legal arguments that have no basis, take a state and lay out how they can become a sovereign nation without becoming everything you seem to hate about the federal government. Base your argument on the benefits derived being greater than the downside you are apparently not even considering, sell this turkey of an idea and lets see how much thought you have put into it.

Forum List

Back