Long after death, Confederate spy honored in Ark.

Long after death, Confederate spy honored in Ark. - Yahoo! News

As he should be. Great men who fought for the right to determine our own fate,interesting how 150 years later we still have morons in the msm who still think the war was fought over slavery...wonder why they don't make such a huge fuss over white slaves from Britain? I don't agree with slavery and indeed my family as far as I know never owned a slave just like a good majority of Confederate soldiers did not they fought for their homeland and their freedom...today more than ever I do wish we had succeeded.

Arkansas...like Texas, but with more inbreeding.
Soo.... diplomacy not your forte?

Awwwww

There is a difference between insurrection and invading an independent nation.

Our Founders declared themselves 'independent' in 1775, but they also readily acknowledged that they were committing treason.

So your saying that the federal government can do anything they want and the states have no recourse. FDR proved the executive can bully the superems, Maobama has proven the congress can be made irrelevant so if a state gets so fed up they just have to eat shit, is that what your saying. If the answer is yes, we are no longer a free people.

And you never answered who could be an unbiased arbiter if a state wanted to sever.

The legitimate authority for striking down unconstitutional laws is the Supreme Court. The legitimate authority for dealing with unlawful acts by a president is the impeachment process. The Constitution can be amended by the People.

You claim it's about freedom, but when any state secedes, would it ever be unanimous? What about the 'freedom' of the residents of that state who don't want to secede?

Do you just subject them to the tyranny of the majority in that State? If it was wrong at the federal level,

isn't it just as wrong at the state level?

Can your county secede from the state on the principle of 'freedom'?

Can your township secede from your county?

Can you and your 2 acres secede from your township?

At what point does someone in the minority have to accept that fact?

Our Founders declared themselves 'independent' in 1775, but they also readily acknowledged that they were committing treason.

So your saying that the federal government can do anything they want and the states have no recourse. FDR proved the executive can bully the superems, Maobama has proven the congress can be made irrelevant so if a state gets so fed up they just have to eat shit, is that what your saying. If the answer is yes, we are no longer a free people.

And you never answered who could be an unbiased arbiter if a state wanted to sever.

The legitimate authority for striking down unconstitutional laws is the Supreme Court.
As I said FDR threatened the court with adding justices and got them to allow new deal laws where similar laws were striken as unconstitutional prior to that point.
The legitimate authority for dealing with unlawful acts by a president is the impeachment process.
What would the current president have to do to get this senate to vote for a conviction, I would say anything short of a video taped murder would be a though sell.
The Constitution can be amended by the People.
The 50 states have collectively made more than 600 request for an article 5 convention, how many have we had? Can you say zero!

You claim it's about freedom, but when any state secedes, would it ever be unanimous?
Was it unanimous when the colonies declared independence, hell no, we don't live in a perfect world, if we did this whole subject would be moot.
What about the 'freedom' of the residents of that state who don't want to secede?
They can move to another state, simple concept. That was the intent of federalism in the first place, limit federal power and if the state does something you don't like you can move, if the feds do it, there's no escape.

Do you just subject them to the tyranny of the majority in that State? If it was wrong at the federal level,isn't it just as wrong at the state level?
The whole point of federalism is to keep the majortiy of the power close to the people, at the state and local level, where they can most easily affect change.
If the majority of people in a state feel change needs to be made they can affect that chang pretty effectively, that goes in all smaller political subdivisions. Read the 9th and 10th amendments, the feds were never intended to have the power they have now, the states were intended to have the majority of the power execpt the sepcific powers granted in the constitution.

My points are that the federal government is not what was intended and the states have to have a way out if they deem it necessarry. If states had that power the feds wouldn't do half the crap they are now.

Last edited:

The legitimate authority for striking down unconstitutional laws is the Supreme Court.
As I said FDR threatened the court with adding justices and got them to allow new deal laws where similar laws were striken as unconstitutional prior to that point.
The legitimate authority for dealing with unlawful acts by a president is the impeachment process.
What would the current president have to do to get this senate to vote for a conviction, I would say anything short of a video taped murder would be a though sell.
The 50 states have collectively made more than 600 request for an article 5 convention, how many have we had? Can you say zero!

You claim it's about freedom, but when any state secedes, would it ever be unanimous?
Was it unanimous when the colonies declared independence, hell no, we don't live in a perfect world, if we did this whole subject would be moot.
What about the 'freedom' of the residents of that state who don't want to secede?
They can move to another state, simple concept. That was the intent of federalism in the first place, limit federal power and if the state does something you don't like you can move, if the feds do it, there's no escape.

Do you just subject them to the tyranny of the majority in that State? If it was wrong at the federal level,isn't it just as wrong at the state level?
The whole point of federalism is to keep the majortiy of the power close to the people, at the state and local level, where they can most easily affect change.
If the majority of people in a state feel change needs to be made they can affect that chang pretty effectively, that goes in all smaller political subdivisions. Read the 9th and 10th amendments, the feds were never intended to have the power they have now, the states were intended to have the majority of the power execpt the sepcific powers granted in the constitution.

My points are that the federal government is not what was intended and the states have to have a way out if they deem it necessarry. If states had that power the feds wouldn't do half the crap they are now.

What you want is balkanization of the country.

btw, in Madison's opinion, the smaller the government entity, the easier it was for a majority to oppress a minority. State's rights in the 20th century, for example, were largely about whether southern states could discriminate against black people if they so chose,

without the federal government interfering on behalf of equal rights for the colored minority.

What's the 'freedom' in that?

The entire point of any modern secessionist is that they do not like the idea of equal protection, they detest due process, otherwise what is the point of going off on their own?

There is a difference between insurrection and invading an independent nation.

Whether you like it or not there are only 3 ways to leave the Union. One is by successfully winning a war against the Union. Another is by getting Congress to agree to let you leave and the third is to leave and the rest of the Union just doesn't care.

By the LAWS of our Country the first 2 are the only acceptable means to leave.

Long after death, Confederate spy honored in Ark. - Yahoo! News

As he should be. Great men who fought for the right to determine our own fate,interesting how 150 years later we still have morons in the msm who still think the war was fought over slavery...wonder why they don't make such a huge fuss over white slaves from Britain? I don't agree with slavery and indeed my family as far as I know never owned a slave just like a good majority of Confederate soldiers did not they fought for their homeland and their freedom...today more than ever I do wish we had succeeded.

Arkansas...like Texas, but with more inbreeding.

Now there's a smart statement...gee ya got me there...mental midget...go troll somewhere else bitch.

Your pathetic thread is a troll thread.

You start a trollish thread, you're going to get shit on.

Deal with it.

What you want is balkanization of the country.

btw, in Madison's opinion, the smaller the government entity, the easier it was for a majority to oppress a minority. State's rights in the 20th century, for example, were largely about whether southern states could discriminate against black people if they so chose,

without the federal government interfering on behalf of equal rights for the colored minority.

What's the 'freedom' in that?

First you will notice that none of my post have had any thing to do with racial consequences, just individual consequences, if you look at all the alphbet agencies that exist in the federal government today, with very few exceptions there is no constitutional authority for them. Department of Education, Department of Energy, EPA and I could go on for ever, they are all drains on our economy and are forcing our states into cookie cutter solutions that may or in most cases don't work effeciently. The states are better suited to handle these functions. Tell me the founders foresaw 350 people deciding on how health care is delivered to 320 million people. At the time 65-70% of the population objected to the bill and it was passed anyway. More than half the states sued stating the act was unconstitutional, today it is the law of the land. Something is severly broken when this can happen in the US. There has to be a way to redress our grievences. The courts have removed the individuals right to sue, yet congress has given special standing for certian groups to sue on our behalf, whether we agree with their agenda or not. The professional political class on the state levels and above are disinterested in changing the system because they aspire to hold higher office and would have to vote to deprive themselves of wanted power. So you tell me, how do we reverse the trend before a hard tyranny is achieved. If states that seem to still have a brain had the ability to withdraw and deprive the laviothan of resouces, like I said they may think twice about what they are doing.

The entire point of any modern secessionist is that they do not like the idea of equal protection, they detest due process, otherwise what is the point of going off on their own?

The federal government has removed due process from the equation when the IRS can seize your property without going befoer a judge, or the TSA can put you on a no fly list without notice or explination, or a county cop can take your property, calling it a civil forfiture and you have to sue to get it back. Or they can send the ATF to your house to conficate your guns because your a vet being treated for ptsd even though you have not been found a threat to anyone. That's just a few examples I can give you of today's due process.

You need to wake the fuck up and see what is going on.

The federal government has removed due process from the equation when the IRS can seize your property without going befoer a judge, or the TSA can put you on a no fly list without notice or explination, or a county cop can take your property, calling it a civil forfiture and you have to sue to get it back. Or they can send the ATF to your house to conficate your guns because your a vet being treated for ptsd even though you have not been found a threat to anyone. That's just a few examples I can give you of today's due process.

You need to wake the fuck up and look at how many tea bagger laws had to be challenged in the courts in the last two years, the states have no special ability to protect freedom, in GOP states they absolutely suck at it.

You need to wake the fuck up and look at how many tea bagger laws had to be challenged in the courts in the last two years, the states have no special ability to protect freedom, in GOP states they absolutely suck at it.

I guess your ok with the examples I privided, how about you provide a few examples of what you speak of.

Last edited:

I guess your ok with the examples I privided, how about you provide a few examples of what your speak of.

You should be fully familiar with the vast efforts of the GOP to disfranchise voters, stop people from getting abortions, union busting and that's just what they thought they might be able to get away with, what do you think they would do if they regularly put rights up for a vote as they seem to really like doing? How long do you think libertarian values last when one has unchecked power?

I guess your ok with the examples I privided, how about you provide a few examples of what your speak of.

You should be fully familiar with the vast efforts of the GOP to disfranchise voters, stop people from getting abortions, union busting and that's just what they thought they might be able to get away with, what do you think they would do if they regularly put rights up for a vote as they seem to really like doing? How long do you think libertarian values last when one has unchecked power?

Oh yeah I almost forgot, an all out attack on separation, if that does not constitute a threat to liberty to you then perhaps you deserve a Christian Talibani theocracy.

I'm assuming your talking about voter ID laws, that has been before SCOTUS and upheld already and subsequently upheld in a lower court. I don't know about other states I only know what Texas has done on abortion and I'm sure it will be upheld, you see the left wants to keep people ignorant and affraid, our new law just gurantees the women have all the information so the can make an INFORMED CONSENT, I know thats a foreign concept but we'll see. As far as unions go, do you know that less than 5% of people working in union shops today ever go a vote on the matter? The rights the unions have today were given them by government, and what the government giveth the government can take away. Personlly I think unions sould have to be recertified every 4 years, just like the president, and if the members aren't happy with them they can vote them out. Isn't that the democratic way the left always talks about?

Forum List

Back