London Mayor campaigns for Hillary: immigrants shouldn't assimilate in the US

BTW----philly girl------HOAGIES are obnoxious

Hoagies is a brilliant name. Subs is such a bland name. Lol

well.....if you NEED a name for a very greasy pile of ragged
beef scraps-----doused with fake cheese and greasy onions---
on a cottony bun----"hoagie" seems apt. A SUBMARINE SANDWICH------named for the shape and contour of the
elegant construction of said luncheon dish-----is also --apt

Most of white Americans are Scots/Irish - aka Limeys.

You must be a liberal - which means you make idiotic comments.

limey
: a British person
Yes, from Great Britain, which includes Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
British people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yes-----limeys----plus the nicer people from the oppressed
colony like places-----Ireland, Wales, Scotland
Ireland is no longer British ... Northern Ireland is.

limey

thank you........ I somehow knew that------We have irish people
in the USA---lots-----probably a lot more catholics than protestants------at least it seems so to me

Assimilation isn't the problem. People should learn the language of the land they immigrated to and learn that there are some things that may be acceptable in your home country that isn't acceptable in the new country you live in.

The problem is many conservatives take assimilation to mean "Drop your faith, drop everything about your culture (don't even think about eating shawarma or an authentic taco ) and be like us ignorant right wingers. They want people to stripped down completely of their cultural or religious identity. Conservatives want a monocultral society.

But I notice it's always the brown immigrants (South Americans and arabs )that white conservatives are always shouting assimilation to. They never check the immigrant communities like Eastern Europeans. Many of them come to the England and America speaking no English and only staying within their own communities.

I find your post very confusing. I live in the USA and you mention the term "brown people" "Brown people" is a british
term. Then you mention South Americans and arabs. I do not think that Great Britain faces a "South American" minority and ----As to east Europeans-----Does great Britain have a significant Eastern European population? Again, I live
in the USA----I have never noted a prejudice against tacos
or schawarma. Your post evinces a bit of prejudice against
"eastern Europeans" Do you actually believe that people who speak Spanish at home are subject to discrimination in whatever country in which you live? How about Polish?
Italian? Polish and Italian is ok in your country?

I was referring to both America and Britain. But referring to people as brown is American. Maybe it's used in some parts and others not. I'm from Philly and people generally refer to Hispanics or other tanned skin people as brown.

There are large communities of Eastern Europeans right here in America where they only deal with their own people. Illegal immigrants are in those communities as well. Some of them hardly speak English. But I don't hear the right wing targeting those groups because they're white.

OH PHILLY!!!! now I understand. I worked in Philly for a few years. It is possible that people of Philly use the term
"brown people"-----but it is generally a British thing. Do you actually KNOW that people from EASTERN EUROPE are
undocumented---or are you just assuming? As to tacos and schawarma-------YES Philadephians are weird enough to
object. I did not notice specifically Polish or Russian neighborhoods when I was in Philadelphia-----like 30 years
ago. New York City has MANY ethnic neighborhoods-----
Russian, Polish, Italian, Jewish, Arab, Southeast Asian (
(that means Pakistani ---mostly muslim, Indian---muslim and hindu), Chinese etc etc I have found NO particular
levels of "rejection" based on skin color/assimilation demands. No one in New York objects to tacos, Schwarma,
pizza, curry or------ethnic cupcakes.

I have a friend friend from Ukraine and we're pretty tight. She actually had some relatives that overstayed on their visa. She also lived in a mostly Eastern European neighborhood and it wasn't an unheard of thing. They would eventually get the correct papers in order but they would be illegally working here until they got their papers straight.

Most people in Philly wouldn't object to shawarma or tacos either. many parts of America is still in the back woods with back woods thinking to go along with it. Like if you step too far out of Philly and start heading towards upstate PA you will find those monocultral individuals up there.

I use to live in Allentown for a few years which is very different from Philly in terms of diversity. I experienced my first incident of racism while living there.

limey

in the USA---lots-----probably a lot more catholics than protestants------at least it seems so to me
Ireland was British back when the huge immigration happened. Cons hated them then, as they hate Muslims now.

limey

Ireland was British back when the huge immigration happened. Cons hated them then, as they hate Muslims now.

Cons? is that republicans? They hated everyone---unionists, blacks, 'spics', 'wops' 'kikes' -----even Indians with the feather on the head

Like if you step too far out of Philly and start heading towards upstate PA you will find those monocultral individuals up there.

And what's wrong with that? Are you some diversity Nazi?

"London"?

Where's that?

Are you referring to the city now known as "Londonistan"?

Exactly.

Londonistan, part of the continent of Eurabia! :mad-61:

This was a very good book. Probably still is.

41SI4PHq6mL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Having the Muslim mayor of the former British city of London campaign in the US is not wise. Muslims are just not that popular or well thought of here. His endorsement is like clock boy's endorsement.

Assimilation isn't the problem. People should learn the language of the land they immigrated to and learn that there are some things that may be acceptable in your home country that isn't acceptable in the new country you live in.

The problem is many conservatives take assimilation to mean "Drop your faith, drop everything about your culture (don't even think about eating shawarma or an authentic taco ) and be like us ignorant right wingers. They want people to stripped down completely of their cultural or religious identity. Conservatives want a monocultral society.

But I notice it's always the brown immigrants (South Americans and arabs )that white conservatives are always shouting assimilation to. They never check the immigrant communities like Eastern Europeans. Many of them come to the England and America speaking no English and only staying within their own communities.
Well said, Nia88!
Poorly said Nia88. Moving to a new country does not entitle you to enforce your religious beliefs and its tenets upon the non-believing population of your new nation (i.e. making local laws change regarding the manner of dress in ads, or on the people within the community).

Go back to your caliphate Londonistan ...you Kanh fool!

What a nerve he has!

I find your post very confusing. I live in the USA and you mention the term "brown people" "Brown people" is a british
term. Then you mention South Americans and arabs. I do not think that Great Britain faces a "South American" minority and ----As to east Europeans-----Does great Britain have a significant Eastern European population? Again, I live
in the USA----I have never noted a prejudice against tacos
or schawarma. Your post evinces a bit of prejudice against
"eastern Europeans" Do you actually believe that people who speak Spanish at home are subject to discrimination in whatever country in which you live? How about Polish?
Italian? Polish and Italian is ok in your country?

I was referring to both America and Britain. But referring to people as brown is American. Maybe it's used in some parts and others not. I'm from Philly and people generally refer to Hispanics or other tanned skin people as brown.

There are large communities of Eastern Europeans right here in America where they only deal with their own people. Illegal immigrants are in those communities as well. Some of them hardly speak English. But I don't hear the right wing targeting those groups because they're white.

OH PHILLY!!!! now I understand. I worked in Philly for a few years. It is possible that people of Philly use the term
"brown people"-----but it is generally a British thing. Do you actually KNOW that people from EASTERN EUROPE are
undocumented---or are you just assuming? As to tacos and schawarma-------YES Philadephians are weird enough to
object. I did not notice specifically Polish or Russian neighborhoods when I was in Philadelphia-----like 30 years
ago. New York City has MANY ethnic neighborhoods-----
Russian, Polish, Italian, Jewish, Arab, Southeast Asian (
(that means Pakistani ---mostly muslim, Indian---muslim and hindu), Chinese etc etc I have found NO particular
levels of "rejection" based on skin color/assimilation demands. No one in New York objects to tacos, Schwarma,
pizza, curry or------ethnic cupcakes.

I have a friend friend from Ukraine and we're pretty tight. She actually had some relatives that overstayed on their visa. She also lived in a mostly Eastern European neighborhood and it wasn't an unheard of thing. They would eventually get the correct papers in order but they would be illegally working here until they got their papers straight.

Most people in Philly wouldn't object to shawarma or tacos either. many parts of America is still in the back woods with back woods thinking to go along with it. Like if you step too far out of Philly and start heading towards upstate PA you will find those monocultral individuals up there.

I use to live in Allentown for a few years which is very different from Philly in terms of diversity. I experienced my first incident of racism while living there.
So very rare that I see someone as clueless as you are. Thank you for the entertainment.

Forum List

Back