Lois Lerner to take the 5th. Again.

thats true, but we still have laws that are to be complied with. politicians are not above the law, even though the current administration thinks it is.

And everything Lerner did was legal because it was within the authority of the IRS's discretionary power to grant these waivers and exemptions.

This is what you guys don't seem to get. "It's not fair" isn't a legal argument.

"Waaah, I got more scrutiny than my neighbor who cheats on his taxes! It's not fair."

Nope. It isn't.

BUt it's legal. Sorry.

when did discrimination by the government for political reasons become legal?

When you decided to claim a social welfare exemption for political work.

The key thing here isn't that the teabaggers weren't committing fraud, it was that the IRS was trying harder to catch them doing it.

Q: Do conservatives here think all 501c4's should sign a pledge swearing they are primarily engaged in social welfare work -- that is, 40% or less of their activity cannot be political activity?

In agreement with that?

only if it also applies to unions. you OK with that?
Yup.

2014-03-18-ScreenShot20140318at24456PM_zps2fa7e968.png

And everything Lerner did was legal because it was within the authority of the IRS's discretionary power to grant these waivers and exemptions.

This is what you guys don't seem to get. "It's not fair" isn't a legal argument.

"Waaah, I got more scrutiny than my neighbor who cheats on his taxes! It's not fair."

Nope. It isn't.

BUt it's legal. Sorry.

The key thing here isn't that the teabaggers weren't committing fraud, it was that the IRS was trying harder to catch them doing it.

These were applicants-most of which were waiting for approval before they even became active. You give them the rules, then if they appear to usurp the rules you audit them.

Um... what Crime was Nixon pardoned for by Ford? Oh, that's right. He wasn't convicted of anything. Hadn't even gone to court yet.

And when Bush-41 pardoned Cap Weinberger, he hadn't been convicted of anything either.

Do try to pay attention, guy.

they were pardoned of things they were accused of, which prevented them from being indicted or charged.

Exactly. So Issa huffs and puffs, Lerner says nothing, and in January 2017 Obama gives her a pardon so no one in the future can fuck with her.

Works for me.

If Obama gives her a pardon he might as well take out a full page ad in USA Today and announce that his White House WAS behind the IRS targeting of conservatives. That pardon wouldn't be to prevent anyone from fucking with Lerner...it would be to prevent anyone from following the chain of command to Barry's Administration.

These were applicants-most of which were waiting for approval before they even became active. You give them the rules, then if they appear to usurp the rules you audit them.
Name the groups that "didn't become active."

Go ahead.

We'll wait.

thats true, but we still have laws that are to be complied with. politicians are not above the law, even though the current administration thinks it is.

Nope. It isn't.

BUt it's legal. Sorry.
It's not like the see-saw was completely weighed down by the blubber on the right side or anything...

Conservative social welfare nonprofits and other non-disclosing groups poured some $260 million into the 2012 elections, compared to $35 million from their liberal counterparts.

irs_zps9a86947a.jpg

While the inspector general found that the IRS flagged 298 groups for added scrutiny overall, about 20 of them were liberal and only about one-third of them were conservative.

How much did UNIONS contribute?

Those are disclosed groups.

Do you know the difference?

Let's try again.

The top ten Social Welfare groups:

Spending by viewpoint for Non-Disclosing Groups

American Crossroads/Crossroads GPS$71,181,940

Americans for Prosperity$36,352,928

US Chamber of Commerce$35,657,029

American Future Fund$25,415,969

Americans for Job Security$15,872,864

Americans for Tax Reform$15,794,552

American Action Network$11,689,399

League of Conservation Voters$11,229,498

Americans for Responsible Leadership$9,793,014

National Rifle Assn$8,607,876

https://www.opensecrets.org/outsidespending/summ.php?cycle=2012&disp=O&type=U&chrt=V

All but one of those are conservative Orgs.

Never mind the millions and millions funneled into other dark money groups by the Koch's and Adelson-types.

[

If Obama gives her a pardon he might as well take out a full page ad in USA Today and announce that his White House WAS behind the IRS targeting of conservatives. That pardon wouldn't be to prevent anyone from fucking with Lerner...it would be to prevent anyone from following the chain of command to Barry's Administration.

Again, guy, did anyone really think that when Bush commutted Scooter's sentence, he was admitting fault in the plamegate thing?

Did anyone think that when CLinton pardoned the victims of Ken Starr, he was admitting wrongdoing in Whitewater?

Of course not. The American people are smart enough to tell the difference between partisan witchhunts and real crimes.

Name the groups that "didn't become active."

Go ahead.

We'll wait.

^^
Low information poster in action.

What "victims of Ken Starr" did Clinton pardon? Mark Rich?

Susan McDougal, for one.

Ken Starr threw this poor woman into solitary confinement for nearly two years trying to get her to break bad on Clinton. (This is before Kenny elevated to Panty Sniffing as a passtime.)

McDougal went to jail because she refused to testify and tell the truth about the clintons. She took the fall for them. I hope they paid her well--------or maybe her payment was she was allowed to stay alive rather than become the next Vince Foster or Ron Brown.

Susan McDougal, for one.

Ken Starr threw this poor woman into solitary confinement for nearly two years trying to get her to break bad on Clinton. (This is before Kenny elevated to Panty Sniffing as a passtime.)

McDougal went to jail because she refused to testify and tell the truth about the clintons. She took the fall for them. I hope they paid her well--------or maybe her payment was she was allowed to stay alive rather than become the next Vince Foster or Ron Brown.

Yup, Clinton Death List. I remember when i used to be a Wingnut and used to repost that shit.

Ahhhh... memories.

McDougal went to jail because Ken Starr abused his authority. Seriously, putting a non-violent offender in solitary confinement because she won't testify the way you want her to?

Clinton should have pardoned her- THAT DAY. Not wait until she served her full sentence and after the fact.

Susan McDougal, for one.

Yup, Clinton Death List. I remember when i used to be a Wingnut and used to repost that shit.

Ahhhh... memories.

McDougal went to jail because Ken Starr abused his authority. Seriously, putting a non-violent offender in solitary confinement because she won't testify the way you want her to?

Clinton should have pardoned her- THAT DAY. Not wait until she served her full sentence and after the fact.

much like Lerner, if McDougal had told the truth she would not have gone to jail, she refused to answer any questions, and, as I remember it, did not invoke the 5th amendment.

If she had told the truth she would have implicated the clintons in illegal activities, she went to jail to protect them. I don't know what kind of deal they made with her, but she either feared for her life or was looking for a financial windfall when she got out of jail.

Susan McDougal, for one.

Ahhhh... memories.

THAT DAY? No, Slick Willie saved those kind of pardons for the last few hours of his Presidency...when he didn't give a shit about people seeing how corrupt he was. McDougal stonewalled that investigation so she got the pardon. Mark Rich contributed millions to Hilary Clinton's election campaign so he got one as well even though he was on the run, hiding in Europe. That's who Bill and Hilary Clinton ARE. They lied their way through two terms in office and they used Presidential pardons on the way out the door to clean up the mess.

It's telling that you want Barry to emulate those two...

Let's try again.

https://www.opensecrets.org/outsidespending/summ.php?cycle=2012&disp=O&type=U&chrt=V

Never mind the millions and millions funneled into other dark money groups by the Koch's and Adelson-types.

The Kochs and Adelson types spend a small fraction compared to Unions, whose funding largely comes from taxpayers.

Just sayin'.

Let's try again.

The Kochs and Adelson types spend a small fraction compared to Unions, whose funding largely comes from taxpayers.

Just sayin'.
PPV will NEVER scrutinize the UNIONS, The politicians taking their BRIBES in the form of campaign contributions...the MONEY LAUNDERING SCHEME of epic proportions EVER...

Susan McDougal, for one.

No dumbass, Starr had no power to throw anyone in jail.
A Federal Judge jailed her for contempt. ALL FEDERAL JUDGES do the same thing.
Then she had to serve a 2 year sentence for her conviction.
Why do you support a convicted felon?

much like Lerner, if McDougal had told the truth she would not have gone to jail, she refused to answer any questions, and, as I remember it, did not invoke the 5th amendment.

If she had told the truth she would have implicated the clintons in illegal activities, she went to jail to protect them. I don't know what kind of deal they made with her, but she either feared for her life or was looking for a financial windfall when she got out of jail.

Or maybe she wasn't going to give Ken Starr the satisfaction after he FUCKING RUINED HER LIFE!!!!

You do get this, right. That the McDougal's lives were ruined by Ken Starr. They lost everything they had, Jim died from the stress (on, no, wait. Clinton's magic fairies killed him in a federal prison!)

This is EXACTLY why these sorts of political sports should not become criminal matters. As Newt Gingrich rightly observed, when you prosecute political differences that is what brought down the Roman Republic.

Forum List

Back