Lockerbie Bomber Freed From Prison on Compassionate Grounds

Funny this thread was started back in August and the Libyan mass-murder is still alive and well. In fact he seems to be doing just fine.

I thought the British law was death had to be eminent, within a matter of days.:(

it shows how much control the oil companies have over the world. fuck bp

For the record, there's more than a little doubt about whether he actually committed the crime.

For the record, there's more than a little doubt about whether he actually committed the crime.

How many trials did he have? One? Why didn't he appeal? Appeal is correct, turning him loose is not correct. Scotland's shame.

Funny this thread was started back in August and the Libyan mass-murder is still alive and well. In fact he seems to be doing just fine.

I thought the British law was death had to be eminent, within a matter of days.:(

He is doing better since he is out of the dark and cold solitary confinment of a prison cell.

Where we was most likely starved and tortured on a daily basis.

Now he gets medical attention and is treated like a human being.

Last edited:

How many trials did he have? One? Why didn't he appeal? Appeal is correct, turning him loose is not correct. Scotland's shame.

I don't have the answer to that, though one might say if he got one unfair trial then an appeal would likely be just as unfair. My point, however, was that we should not be judging al-Megrahi as if it's settled that he was indeed the bomber. Conviction aside, that point is widely disputed.

He is doing better since he is out of the dark and cold solitary confinment of a British prison.

Where we was most likely starved and tortured on a daily basis.

Now he gets medical attention and is treated like a human being.

yeah,, like a hero,, a murderous bastard who was pronounced guilty of murdering hundreds of others what were they? mince meat? Asshole!

I don't have the answer to that, though one might say if he got one unfair trial then an appeal would likely be just as unfair. My point, however, was that we should not be judging al-Megrahi as if it's settled that he was indeed the bomber. Conviction aside, that point is widely disputed.

He was convicted. Pronounced guilty, of course you don't have to answer. But my point still stands. An appeal was proper, setting him loose was not.

He was convicted. Pronounced guilty, of course you don't have to answer. But my point still stands. An appeal was proper, setting him loose was not.

Being pronounced guilty and being guilty can be two very different things. So as I said, it's not right for us to pass judgement on him when there is very serious doubt about his guilt.

Being pronounced guilty and being guilty can be two very different things. So as I said, it's not right for us to pass judgement on him when there is very serious doubt about his guilt.

Yes,, I can too, since he wasn't made to go through the same process other convicted felons go through,, I still judge him guilty. just like the jury did.

Yes,, I can too, since he wasn't made to go through the same process other convicted felons go through,, I still judge him guilty. just like the jury did.

Well at least we've cleared up the misconception of whether you were willing to give the state the benefit of the doubt, despite many allegations of misconduct on their part in regards to al-Megrahi's trial.

Well at least we've cleared up the misconception of whether you were willing to give the state the benefit of the doubt, despite many allegations of misconduct on their part in regards to al-Megrahi's trial.

not a misconception at all. they loosed him cause he was sick, not because he was innocent. Due process and all. I guess we can clear up any misconception we may have had that you believe in the judge and jury system.. yep!

not a misconception at all. they loosed him cause he was sick, not because he was innocent. Due process and all. I guess we can clear up any misconception we may have had that you believe in the judge and jury system.. yep!

Yes, he was released because he was sick, but the point I'm making is that it's extremely possible that he was never guilty in the first place. There should have been no misconception, for no reason would I ever trust the state when there's massive allegations of misconduct and pressure from other governments to convict regardless of evidence.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Compassion, my ass. The 'dying' man still ain't dead.

In fact, he had a birthday party just a day or two ago... still very much alive.

Compassion, my ass. The 'dying' man still ain't dead.

In fact, he had a birthday party just a day or two ago... still very much alive.

Good job by the Brits here....

That "Deathbed" is going to last 15 years

bp signed a deal with the government of both countries to get him released. of course this story broke and then was quickly covered up

Forum List

Back