Lockdown

Grace

Rookie
Jan 29, 2011
Anyone watch this show?

I have a question: WHY are we housing and feeding these violent people that are in solitary (the hole) or ACU (the dungeon, for the most violent criminals)? Are these people rehabitable? Hell no. So why?

Anyone watch this show?

I have a question: WHY are we housing and feeding these violent people that are in solitary (the hole) or ACU (the dungeon, for the most violent criminals)? Are these people rehabitable? Hell no. So why?
A disease called Blind Faith.

Because our criminal justice system is nuts.

Housing very violent offenders is but a small part of this nation's criminal justice insanity.

What are we supposed to do with them? Starve them? Tie them to a stake in the yard?

I don't get it.

Bleeding hearts. One argument is that it costs, i.e., $48,000 to execute someone while it only costs i.e., $38,000/year to keep them alive ... and somehow that makes it cheaper. Well, $48,000 x 1 = $48,000 and $38,000 x 2,000 death row inmates x 20 years of appeals = $1,520,000,000. THEN on top of that, they are entitled to legal counsel, which comes as an added expense to taxpayers plus the salaries of prosecutors which is also at taxpayer expense - oh, yes, and court costs and filing fees at the expense of taxpayers.

Some crimes are so heinous they deserve the death penalty. Can SOME inmates be rehabilitated? Yes. ALL of them, NO. I've always found it astounding that one person can snuff out the life of another (or several others) with absolutely no conscience whatsoever, but fervently believe their own life should be spared.

• Banned
Oh I get it...you're pro death penalty?

Yes. Depending. DNA evidence, 100 percent guilty. No doubt of being guilty. Then, yes.

These guys shit all over the floor, smear it on the walls, save it so they can fling it on the guards, throw pee on them, destroy their cells, kill other inmates, etc. They are violent, lost their marbles
being in a cell, chained, and away from all other human contact as punishment and it is more torture than having a quick death.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back