Sling Blade

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
One of the top 5 most powerful films I have ever watched....3 times and still going..lol. Billy Bob Thornton plays this silent person with magical believable skill. A winner. Little if any real violence. ***

"In an Oscar-winning tour de force, writer-director Billy Bob Thornton stars as Karl Childers, a man who returns home after being released from a psychiatric hospital, where he'd been confined since age 12 for murdering his mother and her lover. On the outside, the simpleminded Karl lands a job at a garage fixing motors and befriends a young boy -- but can Karl outrun his past? Thornton's co-stars include Dwight Yoakam and John Ritter."

"Sling Blade" is my favorite movie

YouTube - french fried tators

I have never watched a movie over one or two times and I plan on seeing this many more. It stays with one. It never leaves my mind, morning or night....Very strange impact it has had and I loved every minute of it. Thanks for putting up the trailer. :)

Last edited:
I have bought copies of the movie and send it to friends and relatives.

They hadn't watched it because they thought it was one of those teen slasher movies.

Everyone that I have convinced to watch it thought it was a really great movie.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ10oIs8LLc&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Sling Blade - You Will Be Happy[/ame]

I stream it on Netflix. Great way to spend two hours. The scene where he talks about his little brother...OMG. I won't say anymore and give it away. Great ending though, which we ALL saw coming...

A friend of mine bugged me for two weeks to watch the movie and I kept refusing.

Because the name of the movie made me think it was something that wasn't.

Finally he brought a copy of it to work and force me to take it home.

Now it is my all time favorite movie.

The acting was first rate and I didn't realize till after the movie it was Billy Bob Thornton playing the lead role.

Last edited:
LOL This is a quick and funny summation of the movie. :eusa_angel:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6hC2P3tH2I&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Sling Blade in 5 Seconds[/ame]

Some people call it a sling blade. I call it a kaiser blade.

LOL..yep, that is what Karl said several times. I still think a different title would have been better as I, too, thought at first it might be a slasher film and those do nothing for me. Maybe if I were still married? :lol: :lol: :lol:

A friend of mine bugged me for two weeks to watch the movie and I kept refusing.

The acting was first rate and I didn't realize till after the movie it was Billy Bob Thornton playing the lead role.

I felt this way about Black Swan. I finally saw it a few weeks ago though and I really hated it.

I believe I even started watching Sling Blade once and didn't finish for some reason. Was it about someone unjustly accused of a crime?

That's why I never watched it. I thought it was a slasher flick.
I won't even watch feel good movies, lik Marley And Me, cuz the dog ALWAYS dies.

I felt this way about Black Swan. I finally saw it a few weeks ago though and I really hated it.

I believe I even started watching Sling Blade once and didn't finish for some reason. Was it about someone unjustly accused of a crime?

Nope

If you want to get the gist of why women are so repressed in the middle east, I highly recommend The Stoning Of Soraya. But be forewarned. It's sad, and will make you very angry.

Others I recommend are:

Unthinkable (for those who think torture for info is ok. Not for faint of heart)
The Drummer (great foreign flick about a gangbanger in hong kong sent off and learning Zen Drumming)
Legend of 1900 (man lives his whole life on a cruise ship and never once leaves it).

Because I "felt" this movie on so many levels, I wanted to watch another with Billy Bob Thornton and I searched Netflix and found this one, which I gave a 4 stars. I would have given it a 5 stars but "Sling Blade" reached that goal, and this could not compare, even though I loved Billy Bob in it and the whole black and white noir theme. They did a good job with all that. Looked very authentic and Billy Bob played the most passionless person I have ever seen protrayed. He has a gift for these eclectic types.lol

"The Man Who Wasn't There." Recommended.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htxvLcSnOU0]YouTube - The man who wasn't there - Trailer - HQ[/ame]

God On Trial (jewish prisoners destined to be terminated put God on trial prior to them being taken away to die in the ovens).

All these I recommend are on Instant Play, Netflix.

That's why I never watched it. I thought it was a slasher flick.
I won't even watch feel good movies, lik Marley And Me, cuz the dog ALWAYS dies.

Oh those fucking dogs dying always make me cry so hard..

Forum List

Back