Liz Cheney to abandon Senate bid

Love it. Somebody's got something big on her so she's withdrawn from the race for the Senate. Either that or her polling numbers in Wyoming absolutely suck because the people of Wyoming don't exactly love the Cheneys in the first place. They like their guy Mike Enzi and know that Liz is just a lousy carpetbagger.

Thy must feel right at home with Obama who quit in the middle of his senate term.

Someone told me she was waaay behind in the polling. :boohoo: The fishing license incident didn't help her.

Last edited:
Quitting an election campaign isn't the same thing as quitting after being elected.

Just sayin' :eusa_whistle:

Liz saw the handwriting on the wall.

Sarah just could not take the pounding.

Big difference.

Love it. Somebody's got something big on her so she's withdrawn from the race for the Senate. Either that or her polling numbers in Wyoming absolutely suck because the people of Wyoming don't exactly love the Cheneys in the first place. They like their guy Mike Enzi and know that Liz is just a lousy carpetbagger.

Carpetbagger? I thought a carpetbagger was someone like the Hildebeast who plopped her fat ass down in NY because there was a Senate seat up for grabs. You know, like Bobby Kennedy had done before her in the same state. Never lived there before, just moved in to take advantage of a political opportunity.

Whereas Liz is what, part of her family's 4th generation from the state?

Biden quit as well, pole-smoker.

Liz Chaney was part of a democrat party dirty trick to use the name of a prominent republican to unseat a popular republican. It didn't work and now the low information left thinks it's a victory.

Quitting a race is not the same as quitting in the middle of a duly elected term the people are counting on you to complete.

They love Dick Cheney. ;)
But big coal, along with coal workers love Enzi. Even a Cheney can't beat that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liz Chaney was part of a democrat party dirty trick to use the name of a prominent republican to unseat a popular republican. It didn't work and now the low information left thinks it's a victory.

She is republican. Democrats aren't dumb enough to try and unseat Enzi.

Biden quit as well, pole-smoker.

To become Vice President, not to go on a reality show, retard.

I thought Repubs AKA- boot-strappers didn't know the meaning of the word- quit???

she could practically smell those bundled donations/bribes that senators get.

Last edited:
Someone told me she was waaay behind in the polling. :boohoo: The fishing license incident didn't help her.

I don't think it mattered. Enzi has the support of coal companies and workers. He helped improve working conditions and supports coal companies. You can't beat that when you represent the Coal capital of the US. Have you been to Gillette?
Plus Enzi isn't a bad guy and is very well liked.
She knew this, and only ran to get her name out there.

NPR Anchor's Carpetbagger Contrast: Liz Cheney's Rude, But Hillary Was Easily In Like RFK

By John Williams | July 18, 2013 | 15:34

NPR afternoon co-host Melissa Block inexplicably seems to have changed her view of the value of U.S. Senate candidates living in a state for a while before running. On the July 17 All Things Considered, Block wondered why Liz Cheney would run for a Senate seat in the West. She "grew up in the East. She only moved back to Wyoming last year. Why is she running for Senate now and launching a primary fight against the incumbent?“

While Cheney had lived off-and-on in Wyoming before considering a Senate run, in 2000 then-First Lady Hillary Clinton had never lived in New York. Yet Block blithely announced on the February 16, 1999 All Things Considered: “On the books, there's nothing to bar Mrs. Clinton from a New York Senate run. All she needs to do is set up residence here by Election Day, and that's worked before....Robert Kennedy came from out of town to win the New York Senate seat in 1964.”

While Cheney moved back to Wyoming a full year before announcing her candidacy, Clinton moved to New York just a month prior to her announcement, even though it was clear about a half year earlier that she was going to run.

NPR Anchor's Carpetbagger Contrast: Liz Cheney's Rude, But Hillary Was Easily In Like RFK | NewsBusters

Not in Wyoming! In Wyoming, the Cheneys are a first family, loved by all. Liz was just facing Mike Enzi who has the speech he made against obamacare where everything he said would happen happened. Enzi is wildly popular, it would have been almost impossible to over come his lead.

Yes, Liz made the right decision.

I agree. Why waste time and money on something that is impossible to change?

Enzi is very popular and I doubt anyone will unseat him.

Liz saw the handwriting on the wall.

Sarah just could not take the pounding.

Big difference.

Yeah, I'm sure you would have no trouble fighting dozens of lawsuits.

As usual, you only prove that you're a jackass.

Forum List

Back