Live Tonight, 6pm eastern: Hi Def Society podcast, episode 1

My thoughts:

It was a good show, we have to improve our time monitoring, we have to really get to the bottom of why blogtalkradio has been so unreliable so many times, and maybe there's a host thats better than them somewhere out there who knows.

I attempted to call in but I got booted around 8pm as well.

I called in, but GT hung up one me.

Damn Yankees! lol

Meh, whatever I didn't have anything interesting to say I guess I need to make up stories about my car I can't provide pictures of , or my sister's house or talk about my hair dresser licking my butthole , then someone would want to hear me talk.
box-kleenex-43649836.jpg

Damn Yankees! lol

Technically ... "Damn Yankees" are Yankees that come to the South and decide they like the women/men and food better here and stay.
The other Yankees are "Stupid Fucking Yankees".

correct, damn yankees are the same thing as carpet baggers.

Damn Yankees! lol

Meh, whatever I didn't have anything interesting to say I guess I need to make up stories about my car I can't provide pictures of , or my sister's house or talk about my hair dresser licking my butthole , then someone would want to hear me talk.
box-kleenex-43649836.jpg

Gracie, grow the fuck up, for real. You're what pushing 60 and you behave like a 12 year old. Take that shit down to the FZ where it belongs.

Damn Yankees! lol

it wasnt that we didnt want to hear you talk, its that you outright said that you had nothing else to say on the topic of discussion. lol

i think this just might be a matter of miscommunication.

this is a talk show, not an on air hang out like wednesday night was. there is a difference.

yes, we are "home basing" the discussion here for live chat and stuff - but we are promoting and have listeners from many other places too and it's not just an on air shoot the shit kind of thing but a "semi" formatted thing.......if that makes sense.

For instance, last show of dyce and i's last podcast had zero promotion and it did 100 listens.

100 people listened, of those probably 10-12 MAX were from USMB. And most people catch the REPLAY, and not the live show........................so the fun of calling in and hanging out for fun/giggles isn't really something that's going to make them want to listen.

calls for the show have to at least loosely pertain to what we're talking about...............we can have callers veer off HERE AND THERE but if you openly say "i got nothing," then what more/how better to treat you than to thank you for calling and letting you go>?

Honest feedback is welcome and appreciated....110%

Damn Yankees! lol

Technically ... "Damn Yankees" are Yankees that come to the South and decide they like the women/men and food better here and stay.
The other Yankees are "Stupid Fucking Yankees".

Neat, I didn't know that at all. I love the South but their summers are too brutal for my blood. I am PA boy all the way.

Damn Yankees! lol

box-kleenex-43649836.jpg

Gracie, grow the fuck up, for real. You're what pushing 60 and you behave like a 12 year old. Take that shit down to the FZ where it belongs.
First off, sparky, this thread is to talk about GTs show. That's why he has the forum. If he wanted just nice nice shit, he'd say so. His show is NOT nice nice shit. It's about balls. And JR.
Second, you don't tell anyone where to take their convos. You have no power here, dickwad. Deal with it.

Damn Yankees! lol

box-kleenex-43649836.jpg

First off, sparky, this thread is to talk about GTs show. That's why he has the forum. If he wanted just nice nice shit, he'd say so. His show is NOT nice nice shit. It's about balls. And JR.
Second, you don't tell anyone where to take their convos. You have no power here, dickwad. Deal with it.

Yo, your pet peeve posts were the greatest Gracie, thanks for shooting us all of those they were hilarious

Damn Yankees! lol

it wasnt that we didnt want to hear you talk, its that you outright said that you had nothing else to say on the topic of discussion. lol

this is a talk show, not an on air hang out like wednesday night was. there is a difference.

yes, we are "home basing" the discussion here for live chat and stuff - but we are promoting and have listeners from many other places too and it's not just an on air shoot the shit kind of thing but a "semi" formatted thing.......if that makes sense.

For instance, last show of dyce and i's last podcast had zero promotion and it did 100 listens.

100 people listened, of those probably 10-12 MAX were from USMB. And most people catch the REPLAY, and not the live show........................so the fun of calling in and hanging out for fun/giggles isn't really something that's going to make them want to listen.

calls for the show have to at least loosely pertain to what we're talking about...............we can have callers veer off HERE AND THERE but if you openly say "i got nothing," then what more/how better to treat you than to thank you for calling and letting you go>?

I'm just busting your balls GT.

Damn Yankees! lol

I'm just busting your balls GT.
10-4!~

I am pretty excited to call in and discuss in the near future. I would have liked to do so today but I had an unexpected guest pop by so...

Damn Yankees! lol

box-kleenex-43649836.jpg

Yo, your pet peeve posts were the greatest Gracie, thanks for shooting us all of those they were hilarious
If Mr Gracie hadn't have busted me while asking me to run to Subway..and if he wasn't here, I mighta called in just to show the guy how its done. But, alas, I was caught in the act of listening, lol.

Sorry, but when JR got on...I bailed and did indeed go to Subway. I have him on ignore here and I damn sure don't want to be doomed to listen to him on the radio. Better nip that shit in the bud right quick, cuz he is going to call you every damn sunday. :eusa_snooty:

My thoughts:

It was a good show, we have to improve our time monitoring, we have to really get to the bottom of why blogtalkradio has been so unreliable so many times, and maybe there's a host thats better than them somewhere out there who knows.

I thought was a good show. I didn't pay as much attention to the "news" segment, but the rest was good.

Called in to listen to the final hour and got to chat a little with Lone before getting the boot...that was disappointing. Hope you guys can figure out what the heck the problem is with Blog Talk and not have to deal with that every week.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
MsnBama and I should call in together, lol. Except she will be all in to the sports :cheeky-smiley-018: and I would be all like...wtf? :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Neat, I didn't know that at all. I love the South but their summers are too brutal for my blood. I am PA boy all the way.

Aw ... The "Damn Yankees" thing was correct ... The "Stupid Fucking Yankees" was just poking.
But Hey ... Brutally hot summers make a damn good reason to go skinny dipping.

Damn Yankees! lol

box-kleenex-43649836.jpg

Were those posted on the home site? I am on my phone and it doesn't support the online chat feature b/c Adobe is the devil incarnate. lol

Thanks to the callers, Paulie , SmarterThanTheAverageBear , Judicial review and attempted: MsnBama

Thanks to the staff, Pair-A-Dyce , BlackSand , LoneLaugher

Thanks to the contributors from the pet peeves thread, I hope you got some enjoyment out of the discussion on your thoughts. Notable mention there to Gracie and Swagger

I sincerely apologize, and quite frankly am a bit embarrassed, that Blog Talk Radio did this to us again. A few weeks ago, dyce and I did this other show and we did a trouble-shooting for this very issue and no matter which person that called in as "the host," that particular person's microphone wasn't reading. It wasn't any of our personal settings or anything, we discovered from the extensive troubleshooting.

So we got a hold of blogtalkradio and they had told us they'd iron it out. It worked well for a few times since then, until now. The premier night of our most prepared for show.

Words can't described how embarrassed I am by this, and quite frankly, I'm livid. I humbly apologize to everyone - this threw me WAY off my game tonight. If I didn't SOUND rattled, I MOST DEFINITELY was. I was shocked, humbled and embarrassed all rolled into one and my brain was just a fog ever since.

Forum List

Back