Live music,b sides, and bootleg download sites

Lefty Wilbury

Nov 4, 2003
all those sites are LEGAL and above board. go read the disclaimer on archive.org all bands that have shows posted there do so with PERMISSION of the bands. bootlegging or bootleg refers to shows record by fans for fans. the david lee roth site is known to dlr AND members of his band who share board record shows for the board. the gin blossoms site is ALSO known to the band and some of the material was provided by those with the band. and bootlegging is only illegal if you sell the recordings.

heres a link for everyone to Paul Westerberg's page

http://members.aol.com/paulspage/sounds.htm

thats for live tracks record by fans. it should be said that paul management is aware of that site and asked for people to send in "bootlegged" and fan shot video for his tour documentary "come feel me tremble" again paul has an open taping policy

Dan said:
Archive.org is a great site. I found many a great Ryan Adams bootleg on there.

thats why i posted the link to it. so everyone who doesn't know about knows about it

everyone start posting links to your favorite site that have downloads of tapper friendly bands. weather its dave matthews,pearl jam or the replacements or anything in between post em!

i don't know how to on this site. there isn't a "pm" box located with anyones posts. most boards i'm familiar with have the pm,email,quote etc etc boxes with their posts. here all i see is the quote button.

nevermind. in the options part of the user cp the pm function was off and because it was off it didn't list the private messaging option on the left in the user cp

another gin blossoms one that includes "Bedroom Sessions" demos!

http://www.ginblossoms.info/sounds.html

"Bedroom Sessions" demos

As the name would imply, these are demos that were recorded on four-track in Robin’s brother’s bedroom... probably in the late ’80s before they were signed to A&M. Some of the songs were later released in a finished form; others exist only as demos.

The quality on these MP3s is only mediocre, as they’re from a second- or third-generation cassette copy, but it’s the best we can do.

---------------

the other site ginblossomsfiles.info has better quality recordings of these demos since they are first gen and it appears they came from the radio show tribute to Doug Hopkins that the band hosted

Forum List

Back