Little Water Rat

My mom had a family of raccoons living under her house for a while. They raised their babies there, and took a chicken a night until the babies were grown, the chickens were gone, and then they moved on....

not a possum, I've caught a possum, my jack russell terrorist treed a baby possum so I captured him and took him over to animal rescue and they turned him loose. He's hanging in the crepe myrtle just off my deck.

You're a better citizen than I am. I'd just call the dog in for the night and let the guy find his way home. By the time they're that big, they're on their own.

Same with the rat. I couldn't just leave him in the pool, but I think I'd just let him dry off and turn him out.

Yuck. Dead rat in the pool, that would not be cool.

not a possum, I've caught a possum, my jack russell terrorist treed a baby possum so I captured him and took him over to animal rescue and they turned him loose. He's hanging in the crepe myrtle just off my deck.

You're a better citizen than I am. I'd just call the dog in for the night and let the guy find his way home. By the time they're that big, they're on their own.

Same with the rat. I couldn't just leave him in the pool, but I think I'd just let him dry off and turn him out.

Yuck. Dead rat in the pool, that would not be cool.

I've had a whole family of wood ducks in the pool before.. now that was sad. I did call animal control cause I was afraid the cats in the neighborhood would eat the baby ducks.. so animal control caught the babies but they could not catch mama.. mama was still sitting there waiting for her babies the next morning. :(

Duckies!

My mom (again with the birds) once had dozens upon dozens of ducks. She lived by the river, and when a duck sits, they sit on dozens of eggs. If you have 3-4 sitting, you have a population swarm.

Anyway, that had happened for a year or two and she had something like 50 ducks. One day she goes down to the river to mess with the irrigation pump, and she sees this demented mama duck grabbing her babies and bashing them on a rock! Yikes!

There is NOTHING cuter than a baby duck.

Forum List

Back