Little Crappy Ship

Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

In modern warfare ships are detected by radar before visual, whether from radar on a ship, aircraft, or shore based. Therefore the ship with the smaller RCS has an advantage, both in detection and track/lock.

Same with aircraft, any modern military radar will pick up another aircraft before it is in visual range. Lower RCS reducing the range of that detection, and limiting any link in the kill chain from track to lock to terminal that relies on RF detection is at an advantage.

If a ship approaches within visual range of the coast, which is the stated purpose of the LCS, all the stealth tech in the world is useless.

You have got to get there undetected first!

My God, you are dense!

Yeah, sure. That wake is a real bitch to hide. My gosh but you're fucking stupid.

SHIP_LCS-2_Builders_Trials_lg.jpg

A wake? How do you see a wake in the dark? In the fog? At a much slower speed?

I think you are the biggest idiot I have encountered. Did you recently suffer a head injury? No one should be that stupid.

Now I know you're stupid. Stupid beyond belief. They have been tracking fleets by their wakes for YEARS silly boy. SAR, and optical both. From space nimrod. I think it was you who were dropped on your head. And from a great height.

Abstract
Ships and their wakes can often be detected in the high-resolution synthetic aperture radar (SAR) imagery provided by satellites. Image processing techniques can be used to enhance extremely weak ship wake patterns, but occasionally, the ship in the SAR image remains invisible. In the SAR image below (Figure 1), two trailing, dark, turbulent wakes are seen. In addition to the dark, turbulent wakes, one side of a ship's Kelvin wake can sometimes be seen as a bright line. One of the ships is seen as a bright spot caused by backscattering at the end of the trail above A in Figure

Mystery ship detected in SAR image
Ship Wakes SAR Imagery

I hope you are planning on being on the next Olympic team. You have leaped from RPG-7s to howitzers to satellites with synthetic aperture radars.

I will remind you of you comment about the Mk 1 eyeball. Stick to the argument.

I am sure Somali pirates have that kind of equipment at their disposal. What a fucking nimrod!

You simply are a Google-minded idiot, impressed with your ability to provide an answer, no matter how stupid, to any rebuttal you are given.

You really are one fucked-up individual. I have one major suggestion for you!

Grow up!

Last edited:
If a ship approaches within visual range of the coast, which is the stated purpose of the LCS, all the stealth tech in the world is useless.

My God, you are dense!

Yeah, sure. That wake is a real bitch to hide. My gosh but you're fucking stupid.

I think you are the biggest idiot I have encountered. Did you recently suffer a head injury? No one should be that stupid.

Now I know you're stupid. Stupid beyond belief. They have been tracking fleets by their wakes for YEARS silly boy. SAR, and optical both. From space nimrod. I think it was you who were dropped on your head. And from a great height.

Abstract
Ships and their wakes can often be detected in the high-resolution synthetic aperture radar (SAR) imagery provided by satellites. Image processing techniques can be used to enhance extremely weak ship wake patterns, but occasionally, the ship in the SAR image remains invisible. In the SAR image below (Figure 1), two trailing, dark, turbulent wakes are seen. In addition to the dark, turbulent wakes, one side of a ship's Kelvin wake can sometimes be seen as a bright line. One of the ships is seen as a bright spot caused by backscattering at the end of the trail above A in Figure

Ship Wakes SAR Imagery

I hope you are planning on being on the next Olympic team. You have leaped from RPG-7s to howitzers to satellites with synthetic aperture radars.

I am sure Somali pirates have that kind of equipment at their disposal. What a fucking nimrod!

You simply are a Google-minded idiot, impressed with your ability to provide an answer, no matter how stupid, to any rebuttal you are given.

Grow up!

I grew up a long time ago silly girl. I also have a lot more reading under my belt than you. You're like the admirals who wanted to fight the battleship war when the aircraft carrier war was steaming right at them. In other words, you're obsolete.

This is false. The original stated purpose of LCS was to be able to operate in the littoral zone and have a modular design to enable "anti-submarine warfare, mine countermeasures, anti-surface warfare, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, homeland defense, maritime intercept, special operations, and logistics." There are all kinds of different definitions for "littoral zone" but nothing in LCS design or mission says anything about operating within visual range of the coast.

I've been right on the beach at night and been unable to see ships I know were anchored off the coast. The ocean is a bit dark at night.

Last edited:
Currently, there is nothing in the inventory of ANY nation, save for torpedo's, that can harm a US battleship.
This is incredibly naive. A modern 1000 or 2,000l lb bomb delivered to the deck or superstructure of a US battleship could cause extensive harm. There were bombs that caused extensive damage to Yamato way back in 1945 before she was finally sunk by torpedoes. They destroyed turrets, wrecked the radar room, punched a hole in the deck.

Many modern weapons either come from a high angle or pop up for a dive, they'd be hitting New Jersey where it is weakest in it's deck armor. You think the commander of a NJ class would think himself incapable of being harmed by a cruise missile diving at 600 mph with a 1,000 lb warhead? Nope, nope, nope.

Right now a Somali pirate can do major damage to an LCS with an RPG. That's retarded.
If the LCS sat still and didn't defend itself, which makes this a silly point.

Currently, there is nothing in the inventory of ANY nation, save for torpedo's, that can harm a US battleship.
This is incredibly naive. A modern 1000 or 2,000l lb bomb delivered to the deck or superstructure of a US battleship could cause extensive harm. There were bombs that caused extensive damage to Yamato way back in 1945 before she was finally sunk by torpedoes. They destroyed turrets, wrecked the radar room, punched a hole in the deck.

Many modern weapons either come from a high angle or pop up for a dive, they'd be hitting New Jersey where it is weakest in it's deck armor. You think the commander of a NJ class would think himself incapable of being harmed by a cruise missile diving at 600 mph with a 1,000 lb warhead? Nope, nope, nope.

Right now a Somali pirate can do major damage to an LCS with an RPG. That's retarded.
If the LCS sat still and didn't defend itself, which makes this a silly point.

No, it wouldn't. The standard high capacity bomb will blow away the teak decking and leave a scorch mark. An Exocet missile, impacting at the perfect angle, and with the maximum retained propellant impacting at VMAX will penetrate 3.5 inches of armor. Belt armor on a Iowa Class is 12.5 inches. Turret face and conning tower armor is 17 inches. The only thing that would suffer from a missile impact are the various antennas, the missile launch boxes and the secondary 5"/38 mounts. All other areas of the ship are immune to missile strike. Deck armor is 7.5 inches with a secondary splinter deck of 2.5 inches so even if it was hit by the biggest Soviet era anti ship missile the damage would be negligible.

My God, you are dense!

Abstract

Ship Wakes SAR Imagery

Grow up!

I grew up a long time ago silly girl. I also have a lot more reading under my belt than you. You're like the admirals who wanted to fight the battleship war when the aircraft carrier war was steaming right at them. In other words, you're obsolete.

So you can't explain why you cannot follow a conversation, why you cannot back up a single assertion you have made, why you cannot answer simple questions, and you wonder why I think you need to grow up?

You may be older than dirt and dumber than dirt as well.

They have been tracking fleets by their wakes for YEARS silly boy. SAR, and optical both. From space nimrod.
So much for Mk-1 Eyeball.

Look up "littoral" and get back to us....

It means near shore. That doesn't mean steaming through, 50 yards off shore, in broad daylight, under an artillery barrage, dumbass!

No, but it means close enough so that a basic artillery piece can knock you on your obviously corpulent ass.

Abstract

Ship Wakes SAR Imagery

Grow up!

So you can't explain why you cannot follow a conversation, why you cannot back up a single assertion you have made, why you cannot answer simple questions, and you wonder why I think you need to grow up?

I follow conversations quite well. How about you engage in one. The subject is what a worthless piece of shit the LCS is. Provably so. Instead of hurling insults and trying to fight a war from 100 years ago, how about you address the subject matter.

They have been tracking fleets by their wakes for YEARS silly boy. SAR, and optical both. From space nimrod.

It means near shore. That doesn't mean steaming through, 50 yards off shore, in broad daylight, under an artillery barrage, dumbass!

No, but it means close enough so that a basic artillery piece can knock you on your obviously corpulent ass.

Corpulent? Man, those eyes of yours are superhuman! You can see me? Tell us what I am doing right now! My middle finger is extended and I am mouthing two words. Can you tell what they are?

Also, if the air wing has done their job, there will not be any artillery! If not, why can't the LCS use their gun?

You have got to be the biggest poser on this message board.

Abstract

Ship Wakes SAR Imagery

Grow up!

I follow conversations quite well. How about you engage in one. The subject is what a worthless piece of shit the LCS is. Provably so. Instead of hurling insults and trying to fight a war from 100 years ago, how about you address the subject matter.

No, as you would see if you read the comments and reactions from the other message board posters on this thread. You are embarrassing yourself quite well.

Corpulent? Man, those eyes of yours are superhuman! You can see me? Tell us what I am doing right now! My middle finger is extended and I am mouthing two words. Can you tell what they are?

Also, if the air wing has done their job, there will not be any artillery! If not, why can't the LCS use their gun?

"IF", if, if. Care to tell me when the military is able to do everything they are supposed to 100% of the time? Like I said, you deal in fantasy.

Abstract

Ship Wakes SAR Imagery

Grow up!

No, as you would see if you read the comments and reactions from the other message board posters on this thread. You are embarrassing yourself quite well.

The only people being embarrassed are silly people, like you, who ignore the lessons of past wars. I suggest you get a copy of Murphy's Laws of Combat. It was written by people who know, to educate people who don't know. Like you. Pay particular attention to number 10.

2264ce45ae08191b57416072c25aaaab.jpg

"IF", if, if. Care to tell me when the military is able to do everything they are supposed to 100% of the time? Like I said, you deal in fantasy.

Really? How many times did you put your ass on the line for this nation?

I have been there and done that, while you played keyboard commando and Googled all day. That is your expertise.

You haven't posted anything that I have not shot down in flames in my replies. Give up, slink off, and go Google something about playing with fire.

Grow up!

The only people being embarrassed are silly people, like you, who ignore the lessons of past wars. I suggest you get a copy of Murphy's Laws of Combat. It was written by people who know, to educate people who don't know. Like you. Pay particular attention to number 10.

That's enough, you arrogant prick! You are an insufferable keyboard commando because your posts are tissue thin.

I am through playing with your stupidity. I accomplished my mission of exposing you time and time again. I recommend all other members to give you the ignore status you richly deserve. Unfortunately, we cannot use the ignore button.

I really would like to know who was stupid enough to make you a mod.

Enjoy!

I have been there and done that, while you played keyboard commando and Googled all day. That is your expertise.

You haven't posted anything that I have not shot down in flames in my replies. Give up, slink off, and go Google something about playing with fire.

Sure you have. Nothing you say can be verified just like nothing I say can be either. You couldn't shoot your own ass down in flames so don't try and win the internets, it just makes you look like a twerp. Like I said, address the OP or go away.

That's enough, you arrogant prick! You are an insufferable keyboard commando because your posts are tissue thin.

I am through playing with your stupidity. I accomplished my mission of exposing you time and time again. I recommend all other members to give you the ignore status you richly deserve.

Enjoy!

Once again you have exposed nothing more than your ignorance. Internet commando's, like you, are long on insults, patting themselves on the back and bluster. All of which you have in spades. So, once again, address the OP or piss off.

Sure you have. Nothing you say can be verified just like nothing I say can be either. You couldn't shoot your own ass down in flames so don't try and win the internets, it just makes you look like a twerp. Like I said, address the OP or go away.

Stop addressing me or I will report you for harassment. Maybe another mod will take action.

Forum List

Back