little boy to his motherS I want to be a girl

Information is available in the links I provided. Here is a book that may help: Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Transgender Child: A Handbook for Families and Professionals

Sky, I read your article, the article itself states that 80% of those who underwent the treatment in the USA chose to remain the sex they started out. It also states that the treatment makes them sterile. 100% of them.

To do this to a 7 year old boy is criminal. That's when they started this treatment, when he was 7. Well guess what? When I was 7 I wanted to be a boy, now I'm glad I'm a girl. My niece at 7, stated to me "I'm a boy". Well now she's in highschool and very happily a girl.

I do not believe you can think for one moment that hormone therapy on a 7 year old is a good idea.

Information is available in the links I provided. Here is a book that may help: Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Transgender Child: A Handbook for Families and Professionals

Sky, I read your article, the article itself states that 80% of those who underwent the treatment in the USA chose to remain the sex they started out. It also states that the treatment makes them sterile. 100% of them.

To do this to a 7 year old boy is criminal. That's when they started this treatment, when he was 7. Well guess what? When I was 7 I wanted to be a boy, now I'm glad I'm a girl. My niece at 7, stated to me "I'm a boy". Well now she's in highschool and very happily a girl.

I do not believe you can think for one moment that hormone therapy on a 7 year old is a good idea.
They use hormones pre-pubescent, not at age 7. The Dutch protocol is a very good choice for families and their children, that people don't make these decisions lightly, and that they should be respected for the choices they're making.

Dr. Norman Spack, at Childrens Hospital in Boston, runs the country's only clinic exclusively for transgender youth, and he employs the Dutch protocol as his standard strategy for care.

Last edited:

They use hormones pre-pubescent, not at age 7.

They started when this boy was 7. Read the OP.

That's earlier than most start. The treatment is controversial, for sure. They say that girls transitioning to male start later than boys, probably because it is more acceptable for girls to be tomboys than for boys to act like girls. Hormone blockers delay puberty until the child grows up and has a better ability to decide whether their self-gender-identity matches their chromosomal gender.
Suspending puberty is helpful for a pubertal or pre-pubertal teen who has recently revealed to their family that he or she is transgender. The suspension allows the family time to come to terms with what the child is saying and establish whether he or she is truly transgender before committing the child to unwanted physical changes. It also decreases the likelihood that the child will resort to street hormones or suicide to cope with the agony caused by living in the wrong physical body. These fully reversible medicines are lifesavers.

What you may not be aware of sheila, is that kids whose parents are unsupportive often end up at street kids because they run away.

Which risk does a parent want to assume on behalf of their child? Possible suicide attempts? Running away?

What would you do? Force your child to act like a boy when he's telling you since he was three that he's a girl?

Last edited:
Transgendered youth are three times more likely to engage in survival sex as gay and lesbian street kids. Prostituted transgender youth have a high incidence of HIV infection.

Gender identity will be the next protected class. I was reading about one male to female trannie who said he made the choice because the alternative, living as a feminine man, was less accepted that transgender.

Give THAT some thought.

In a recent article in The New Republic, Eliza Gray pointed out that the success of a civil rights movement depends on its members being recognized as human by the majority. Gay and lesbian Americans, she says, are winning rights because as more people come out, more Americans know someone who is gay or lesbian. It becomes harder to deny someone you know rights. According to Gray’s calculations, however, there are only 700,000 transgender Americans—many of whom are closeted in the workplace and other situations for fear of discrimination. “They are invisible in a way that other minorities are not,” she wrote.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2011/9/14/transgender-equality-gay-rights/

Last edited:

That's earlier than most start. The treatment is controversial, for sure. They say that girls transitioning to male start later than boys, probably because it is more acceptable for girls to be tomboys than for boys to act like girls. Hormone blockers delay puberty until the child grows up and has a better ability to decide whether their self-gender-identity matches their chromosomal gender.
Suspending puberty is helpful for a pubertal or pre-pubertal teen who has recently revealed to their family that he or she is transgender. The suspension allows the family time to come to terms with what the child is saying and establish whether he or she is truly transgender before committing the child to unwanted physical changes. It also decreases the likelihood that the child will resort to street hormones or suicide to cope with the agony caused by living in the wrong physical body. These fully reversible medicines are lifesavers.

What you may not be aware of sheila, is that kids whose parents are unsupportive often end up at street kids because they run away.

Which risk does a parent want to assume on behalf of their child? Possible suicide attempts? Running away?

What would you do? Force your child to act like a boy when he's telling you since he was three that he's a girl?

I tell him the truth, he's a boy, and move on......After he grows up, if he wants to be a girl that's his decision, but I'm not going to put him through hormone therapy on a whim. Do you not understand the risks? Cancer, sterilization, etc? Apparently you don't, or you just don't care.

Most children at one time or another want to be the opposite sex and everybody hates puberty so those arguments of yours don't hold water.

Changing your sex is not a decision to be taken lightly and it sure as hell isn't a decision the parents should make for you, especially not at the age of 7.

You refuse to condemn these parents who IMO should be in jail for what they've done to their son.

When you ask a child what he or she wants to be when they grow up, what do you get? Fireman, Policeman, Spaceman? How many of them actually grow up to be that? A 7 year old may say he wants to be a girl, but that doesn't mean he's going to think the same thing when he's 12, 15, etc. Most parents recognize that...

I tell him the truth, he's a boy, and move on......After he grows up, if he wants to be a girl that's his decision, but I'm not going to put him through hormone therapy on a whim. Do you not understand the risks? Cancer, sterilization, etc? Apparently you don't, or you just don't care.

Most children at one time or another want to be the opposite sex and everybody hates puberty so those arguments of yours don't hold water.

Changing your sex is not a decision to be taken lightly and it sure as hell isn't a decision the parents should make for you, especially not at the age of 7.

You refuse to condemn these parents who IMO should be in jail for what they've done to their son.

When you ask a child what he or she wants to be when they grow up, what do you get? Fireman, Policeman, Spaceman? How many of them actually grow up to be that? A 7 year old may say he wants to be a girl, but that doesn't mean he's going to think the same thing when he's 12, 15, etc. Most parents recognize that...

So, you would not support your child. You would tell him to just deal with it. He's a boy. Buck up.

Probably this kid would run away and get the hormones on the street by selling his body.

I wouldn't dream of telling another parent what to do with their kid.

There are risks which ever way a parent goes. I'm sorry you are so judging of these parents. You haven't walked in their shoes.

Shame on you. How would you like it, after all you've been through with your own kid, that some "know it all" would second guess your parental decisions with your own special needs child? How would you feel about someone telling YOU that you ought to be thrown in jail?

Last edited:

So, you would not support your child. You would tell him to just deal with it. He's a boy. Buck up.

Probably this kid would run away and get the hormones on the street by selling his body.

There are risks which ever way a parent goes. I'm sorry you are so judging of these parents. You haven't walked in their shoes.

Shame on you. How would you like it, after all you've been through with your own kid, that some "know it all" would second guess your parental decisions with your own special needs child? How would you feel about someone telling YOU that you ought to be thrown in jail?

You have already second guessed my parenting many times, in fact in this very thread. In this very post.

I'm concerned with the children ALL children not just my own. What these parents did to this 7 year old boy is criminal. I suspect you can't see it due to your sexual orientation. I don't know, maybe you never raised a kid. Maybe you don't know that they change their minds. Spend some time around them. Ask them what they want to be when they grow up. Ask them again a year later and see what happens.

Do you think this boy/girl isn't going to have major problems when he/she grows up and discovers there is absolutely no chance for him/her to have children of his/her own? If he gets cancer from this treatment do you think he's going to thank his parents?

I'm telling parents not to vaccinate their children until they are 3 and then do one vaccine at a time, why on earth do you think I'd be in favor of giving them hormone therapy at the age of 7? Why are you?

Yeah, kids have problems, kids run away, kids commit suicide, guess what, it's not all due to "transgender" or "homosexuality".

A 7 year old isn't old enough to know what he is, let alone what he wants to be when he grows up. He's SEVEN.

You remind me of one of the parents when I was doing cubscouts. He told his son to "act your age." I said, "He's 8, he is acting his age".

Let children BE children.

You have already second guessed my parenting many times, in fact in this very thread. In this very post.

I'm concerned with the children ALL children not just my own. What these parents did to this 7 year old boy is criminal. I suspect you can't see it due to your sexual orientation. I don't know, maybe you never raised a kid. Maybe you don't know that they change their minds. Spend some time around them. Ask them what they want to be when they grow up. Ask them again a year later and see what happens.

Do you think this boy/girl isn't going to have major problems when he/she grows up and discovers there is absolutely no chance for him/her to have children of his/her own? If he gets cancer from this treatment do you think he's going to thank his parents?

I'm telling parents not to vaccinate their children until they are 3 and then do one vaccine at a time, why on earth do you think I'd be in favor of giving them hormone therapy at the age of 7? Why are you?

Yeah, kids have problems, kids run away, kids commit suicide, guess what, it's not all due to "transgender" or "homosexuality".

A 7 year old isn't old enough to know what he is, let alone what he wants to be when he grows up. He's SEVEN.

You remind me of one of the parents when I was doing cubscouts. He told his son to "act your age." I said, "He's 8, he is acting his age".

Let a transgender child be a transgender child. You have no business telling the parents of a transgendered child what they should do to help their own child.

Don't pretend you're the only one who cares about kids. You don't know ANYTHING about the suffering that transgendered individuals go through.

YOU are acting like a know it all. It's up to the parents, not YOU.

I don't think you care about this kind of kid at all or what the families of transgendered children go through. I know transgendered people. How many do you know?

This is a complex decision, and it is up to the family and the doctor.

Last edited:
2.0 TREATMENT OF ADOLESCENTS

2.1. We recommend that adolescents who fulfill eligibility and readiness criteria for gender reassignment initially undergo treatment to suppress pubertal development.

2.2. We recommend that suppression of pubertal hormones start no earlier than Tanner stages 2-3 and when girls and boys exhibit pubertal levels of estradiol and testosterone, respectively.

2.3. We recommend GnRH analogues be used to achieve suppression of pubertal hormones.

2.4. We suggest that pubertal development of the desired, opposite sex be initiated at about the age of 16 years, using a gradually increasing dose schedule of cross-sex steroids.

(22.5. We recommend referring hormone-treated adolescents for surgery when 1) the real life experience has resulted in a satisfactory social role change, 2) the individual is satisfied about the hormonal effects, and 3) the individual desires definitive surgical changes

2.6 We suggest deferring surgery until the individual is at least 18 years old.
http://www.endo-society.org/_MDDocReviewFiles/Transgender Guideline (1st Draft 11.17.08).pdf

Tanner stages explained:
http://healthvermont.gov/family/toolkit/tools\J-1 CARD Tanner Stages.pdf

Last edited:

Let a transgender child be a transgender child. You have no business telling the parents of a transgendered child what they should do to help their own child.

Don't pretend you're the only one who cares about kids. You don't know ANYTHING about the suffering that transgendered individuals go through.

YOU are acting like a know it all. It's up to the parents, not YOU.

I don't think you care about this kind of kid at all or what the families of transgendered children go through. I know transgendered people. How many do you know?

This is a complex decision, and it is up to the family and the doctor.
Disgusting!:evil:

This kid has not even gone through puberty yet, and you sick bastards are already claiming he's "transgendered".

Is there anything you freaks WON'T do to advance your twisted agenda?

The real problem for this kid is most likely the fact that he's being raised in a twisted environment.

Imagine the mind fucks kids who are raised in such disgusting environments go through on a daily basis.

Dr. Norman Spack, 64, argues that transgender kids tend to be much happier - and less likely to harm themselves - when they're able to live in their preferred gender role.

IDEAS: At what age do you give kids drugs to delay puberty?

SPACK: The puberty-blocking drugs work best at the beginning of the pubital process, typically age 10 to 12 for a girl and 12 to 14 for a boy. Stopping puberty is, in itself, a diagnostic test. If a girl starts to experience breast budding and feels like cutting herself, then she's probably transgendered. If she feels immediate relief on the [puberty-blocking] drugs, that confirms the diagnosis.

Q&A with Norman Spack - The Boston Globe

I think the parents of this boy are very supportive...so the whole run away thing does not apply..... They understand and love him..so i also don't think suicide thing is relevant either.

I do think hormone therapy is the wrong choice until well after puberty.

I think the parents of this boy are very supportive...so the whole run away thing does not apply..... They understand and love him..so i also don't think suicide thing is relevant either.

We can both think whatever we like. It's up to the family and doctor, not us. YOU think YOU know better than the child's parents and doctor. How arrogant.

Dutch transgenders are only allowed to change their identity papers to the other sex if they have undergone hormone treatment, sterilisation and an operation, which conflicts with human rights laws, according to a new report by Human Rights Watch, the Volkskrant reports on Tuesday.

Not all transgenders wish to undergo serious operations but Dutch law says without this they may not change their name.

DutchNews.nl - Transgender rights trail in the Netherlands

We can both think whatever we like. It's up to the family and doctor, not us. YOU think YOU know better than the child's parents and doctor. How arrogant.

I agree.... this is up to that boys parents. Read my posts.

I maintain....again... In My Opinion.... just as you have your opinion.

In my opinion it is wrong to start hormone therapy before puberty. In my opinion the doctors engaging in this are bowing to the almighty dollar.

YOU also think YOU know better then anyone else sky simply becasue you agree with what is being done.... anyone who is not agreeing with you, of course is wrong. How very arrogant.

About three years ago, physicians in the U.S. started treating transgender children with puberty blockers, drugs originally intended to halt precocious puberty. The blockers put teens in a state of suspended development. They prevent boys from growing facial and body hair and an Adam’s apple, or developing a deep voice or any of the other physical characteristics that a male-to-female transsexual would later spend tens of thousands of dollars to reverse. They allow girls to grow taller, and prevent them from getting breasts or a period.

At the conference, blockers were the hot topic. One mother who’d found out about them too late cried, “The guilt I feel is overwhelming.” The preteens sized each other up for signs of the magic drug, the way other teens might look for hip, expensive jeans: a 16-year-old (natal) girl, shirtless, with no sign of breasts; a 17-year-old (natal) boy with a face as smooth as Brandon’s. “Is there anybody out there,” asked Dr. Nick Gorton, a physician and trans-man from California, addressing a room full of older transsexuals, “who would not have taken the shot if it had been offered?” No one raised a hand.

A Boy's Life - Magazine - The Atlantic

I agree.... this is up to that boys parents. Read my posts.

I maintain....again... In My Opinion.... just as you have your opinion.

In my opinion it is wrong to start hormone therapy before puberty. In my opinion the doctors engaging in this are bowing to the almighty dollar.

YOU also think YOU know better then anyone else sky simply becasue you agree with what is being done.... anyone who is not agreeing with you, of course is wrong. How very arrogant.

It's up to the parents. That's my view. How very arrogant of me. God forbid I should have any opinion at all. Only your opinion matters, right?

Last edited:
Kim Petras, a 19-year-old aspiring teen pop sensation from Cologne, Germany, was born as Tim Petras. Once a boy, Kim started living as a girl with long hair by age 10, and was tormented at school. By the time she was 11 she had found a sympathetic doctor who put her on blocker drugs that suppressed her male puberty. By 13, she started estrogen. At 16, she became the world's youngest transsexual.

Kim is now recording her second album and talked with "Nightline's" Cynthia McFadden about her transition. In fact she wrote a song called "The Real Me" a couple of weeks ago, inspired by the struggles of transgender kids who wrote to her.

(Extra)Ordinary Family: Inside the Transgender World - ABC News

Forum List

Back