little boy to his motherS I want to be a girl

That said when the kids hits puberty he will change dramatically, I remember before I went through it I thought girls were icky and wanted nothing to do with them, boy that did a complete 180 reversal when I hit puberty, I wanted to be around girls as much as possible.
Same here. I thought it sucked donkey balls being a girl. Now, I would not want it any other way.

More than likely this kid would have changed his mind if they just let him go through puberty, now they are holding that back and dramatically altering his life.
I don't know if it's more than likely, but I DO know that the prepubescent brain, irrespective of gender or affliction, is under-developed and very different from the resultant adult brain. So many changes occur in the brain during puberty because those developmental changes are triggered by the hormones - the hormones they are blocking.

Any physician knows this, too. I hold the physician more accountable than the parents for just that reason.

This is just stunning.

But, it's a good reminder to those of us who are tempted not to get second and even third opinions about medical procedures because we have some sort of misplaced faith in a physician.

If he wants to be a girl he can dress like a girl and act like a girl until the cows come home, but until he's 18, no sex change operation. Heck, my parents wouldn't even let us get our ears pierced until we were 18.

A girl with facial hair, a bass voice, a growing penis and broad shoulders.

Anyway, they're not talking about an operation. Just suppressing hormones.

I'm a Christian conservative, but I have an inkling of how traumatizing that could be for a male who believes he is female but doesn't believe he can live with years of seeing a man in his mirror and who fears that when he is finally old enough to legally have the sex change surgery it could be too late for him.

Was this an intended insult? If it was why did you two post later make this comment?

Some idiots in California doing stupid shit I don't agree with doesn't mean it's ok to denigrate homosexuals by calling them "faggots" and "lesbos", and it sure as hell doesn't mean all gays are morons like these two women, you bigoted fuck.

Ain't that what they are faggot's lesbo's homosexuls? I am a proud bigot thank you for the compliment.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWIFpAWnnhU]That's definately a troll. - YouTube[/ame]

Same here. I thought it sucked donkey balls being a girl. Now, I would not want it any other way.

More than likely this kid would have changed his mind if they just let him go through puberty, now they are holding that back and dramatically altering his life.
I don't know if it's more than likely, but I DO know that the prepubescent brain, irrespective of gender or affliction, is under-developed and very different from the resultant adult brain. So many changes occur in the brain during puberty because those developmental changes are triggered by the hormones - the hormones they are blocking.

Any physician knows this, too. I hold the physician more accountable than the parents for just that reason.

This is just stunning.

But, it's a good reminder to those of us who are tempted not to get second and even third opinions about medical procedures because we have some sort of misplaced faith in a physician.
Ya' know, it's really not that stunning when you look at what city it is happening in.

Liberals are friggin' lunatics, as this disgusting case clearly shows.

This is just stunning.

Ya' know, it's really not that stunning when you look at what city it is happening in.

Liberals are friggin' lunatics, as this disgusting case clearly shows.

Nah man, I know liberals. What exists in California is something so fucked up, there is no word in the American English language for it.

This is just stunning.

All I know is 11 year olds have no business making decisions like this, when I was 11 I thought girls were icky and never thought I would like them, a year later I felt completely different about them.

"Most adult transsexuals confess to having experienced a hatred for their gender right from early life - well before puberty. Many remember puberty with abhorrence, because of the hormone-induced changes in body characteristics which they perceived as totally alien to their gender identity. Often, it is around the pubertal period that most transsexuals reinforce their determination to rid themselves of their primary & secondary characteristics."

ANDROLOGY :Transsexualism and sex change operations-Transsexualism,sex change operations,sexual disorders,impotence

Last edited:
If he wants to be a girl he can dress like a girl and act like a girl until the cows come home, but until he's 18, no sex change operation. Heck, my parents wouldn't even let us get our ears pierced until we were 18.

I'm a Christian conservative, but I have an inkling of how traumatizing that could be for a male who believes he is female but doesn't believe he can live with years of seeing a man in his mirror and who fears that when he is finally old enough to legally have the sex change surgery it could be too late for him.

How many kids have you raised? Been around? Did you know any of them to want to be of the opposite sex as kids but change their mind as adults? Why is it okay for girls to dress up as boys but not for boys to dress up as girls? Do you have any idea how many women wax their faces? Some even shave. I had/have broad shoulders for a girl, I've never considered it a problem until recently as I have a great deal of shoulder pain right now and I don't know why. I'm the only one of us girls that when shoulder pads were in style, my mom took them out of my clothes.

What happens when this boy gets older and realizes that he really wants to be a man? Yeah, it might not happen, but then again, it might. In fact, I'm betting the odds are better that it WILL happen, or would have had they let him develop normally.

Do you really think a CHILD should be getting hormone therapy? Do you realize that a lot of cancer is estrogen fed? Yeah, my cancer was estrogen fed, I'm now taking drugs to stop my bodies production of estrogen. They are increasing that boys chances of cancer. Again, this is a decision that should be made by him as an adult, not by his parents when he's a kid.

"Most adult transsexuals confess to having experienced a hatred for their gender right from early life - well before puberty. Many remember puberty with abhorrence, because of the hormone-induced changes in body characteristics which they perceived as totally alien to their gender identity. Often, it is around the pubertal period that most transsexuals reinforce their determination to rid themselves of their primary & secondary characteristics."

ANDROLOGY :Transsexualism and sex change operations-Transsexualism,sex change operations,sexual disorders,impotence

Sky, do you really believe that an 11 year old child should be taking hormone therapy?

All of us remember puberty with abhorrence.

How many kids have you raised? Been around? Did you know any of them to want to be of the opposite sex as kids but change their mind as adults? Why is it okay for girls to dress up as boys but not for boys to dress up as girls? Do you have any idea how many women wax their faces? Some even shave. I had/have broad shoulders for a girl, I've never considered it a problem until recently as I have a great deal of shoulder pain right now and I don't know why. I'm the only one of us girls that when shoulder pads were in style, my mom took them out of my clothes.

What happens when this boy gets older and realizes that he really wants to be a man? Yeah, it might not happen, but then again, it might. In fact, I'm betting the odds are better that it WILL happen, or would have had they let him develop normally.

Do you really think a CHILD should be getting hormone therapy? Do you realize that a lot of cancer is estrogen fed? Yeah, my cancer was estrogen fed, I'm now taking drugs to stop my bodies production of estrogen. They are increasing that boys chances of cancer. Again, this is a decision that should be made by him as an adult, not by his parents when he's a kid.

I agree with you 100%, I will say again when I was 11 years old I had no interest in women and never thought I would want to have sex with them, that changed dramatically a year later during puberty. Odds are once this kids goes through puberty he will change his views completely.

Transgender Kids have very special needs and outcome all depends on the earliest possible diagnosis and Treatment. 50% of Transgender Teens will Have had at least one SUICIDE attempt by their 20th birthday. 70% either cut themselves daily or mutilate genital and other areas. Adult Transgendered have a 31% suicide rate.

Responsible parents of transgendered children will be responsive to their needs.

Sky, do you really believe that an 11 year old child should be taking hormone therapy?

I trust the parents are responsive to their child's needs.

"Parents may be concerned about a child who appears to be gender-nonconforming for a variety of reasons. Some children express a great deal of distress about their assigned sex at birth or the gender roles they are expected to follow. Some children experience difficult social interactions with peers and adults because of their gender expression. Parents may become concerned when what they believed to be a “phase” does not pass. Parents of gender-nonconforming children may need to work with schools and other institutions to address their children’s particular needs and ensure their children’s safety. It is helpful to consult with mental health and medical professionals familiar with gender issues in children to decide how to best address these concerns. It is not helpful to force the child to act in a more gender-conforming way. Peer support from other parents of gender-nonconforming children may also be helpful.

How do transsexuals make a gender transition?Transitioning from one gender to another is a complex process and may involve transition to a gender that is neither traditionally male nor female. People who transition often start by expressing their preferred gender in situations where they feel safe. They typically work up to living full time as members of their preferred gender by making many changes a little at a time. While there is no “right” way to transition genders, there are some common social changes transgender people experience that may involve one or more of the following: adopting the appearance of the desired sex through changes in clothing and grooming, adopting a new name, changing sex designation on identity documents (if possible), using hormone therapy treatment, and/or undergoing medical procedures that modify their body to conform with their gender identity.

Every transgender person’s process or transition differs. Because of this, many factors may determine how the individual wishes to live and express their gender identity. Finding a qualified mental health professional who is experienced in providing affirmative care for transgender people is an important first step. A qualified professional can provide guidance and referrals to other helping professionals. Connecting with other transgender people through peer support groups and transgender community organizations is also helpful.
The World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), a professional organization devoted to the treatment of transgender people, publishes The Standards of Care for Gender Identity Disorders, which offers recommendations for the provision of gender affirmation procedures and services.

http://www.apa.org/topics/sexuality/transgender.aspx#

Last edited:

This is just stunning.

All I know is 11 year olds have no business making decisions like this, when I was 11 I thought girls were icky and never thought I would like them, a year later I felt completely different about them.
Yup. Your brain started another stage of development. A required stage of development.

And, for those who think that parents can do some sort of medical harm to their children because it is their choice, you might find yourself in a court of law, as I suspect these folks will soon find themselves.

Christian Scientists and Children's Medical Care Lawyers | LegalMatch Law Library

This is just stunning.

Yup. Your brain started another stage of development. A required stage of development.

And, for those who think that parents can do some sort of medical harm to their children because it is their choice, you might find yourself in a court of law, as I suspect these folks will soon find themselves.

Christian Scientists and Children's Medical Care Lawyers | LegalMatch Law Library

To me this is no different than an ignorant uneducated Muslim couple taking their baby girl for a circumcision.

To me this is no different than an ignorant uneducated Muslim couple taking their baby girl for a circumcision.
Me too.

The recommended medical treatment for transgender children is to allow them to
live in their affirmed gender. This requires that the child’s gender identity be
respected and accepted by others. It is imperative for the health and well being
of children with this complex medical condition that they be allowed to live fully
in the appropriate gender role in all aspects of their lives, including when
participating in social activities such as sports. Transgender children should be
called by their preferred name, be referred to by gender-appropriate pronouns,
and be permitted to wear clothing and uniforms that match their affirmed
gender. Medical treatments such as hormones and surgery are not appropriate
medical treatment for transgender children prior to adolescence.
http://www.transgenderlaw.org/resources/trans_children_in_sports.pdf

Puberty not only affects the physique of a child, it is a systemic change in that human - an important change in their transitioning to an adult.

A huge part of that change is development of not only their adrenal system, but also their brain's continued development. Blocking those hormones is beyond high risk for the rest of the development of child into a fully functioning adult.

That is irrespective of gender.

And, transgenders are not homosexuals, nor the inverse.

That is the most compelling argument I've heard against the way these women are dealing with their child.

Has this been addressed in the articles about this case?

Puberty not only affects the physique of a child, it is a systemic change in that human - an important change in their transitioning to an adult.

A huge part of that change is development of not only their adrenal system, but also their brain's continued development. Blocking those hormones is beyond high risk for the rest of the development of child into a fully functioning adult.

That is irrespective of gender.

And, transgenders are not homosexuals, nor the inverse.

That is the most compelling argument I've heard against the way these women are dealing with their child.

Has this been addressed in the articles about this case?
I don't know. Certainly the physician doing this won't say.

I trust the parents are responsive to their child's needs.

"Parents may be concerned about a child who appears to be gender-nonconforming for a variety of reasons. Some children express a great deal of distress about their assigned sex at birth or the gender roles they are expected to follow. Some children experience difficult social interactions with peers and adults because of their gender expression. Parents may become concerned when what they believed to be a “phase” does not pass. Parents of gender-nonconforming children may need to work with schools and other institutions to address their children’s particular needs and ensure their children’s safety. It is helpful to consult with mental health and medical professionals familiar with gender issues in children to decide how to best address these concerns. It is not helpful to force the child to act in a more gender-conforming way. Peer support from other parents of gender-nonconforming children may also be helpful.

How do transsexuals make a gender transition?Transitioning from one gender to another is a complex process and may involve transition to a gender that is neither traditionally male nor female. People who transition often start by expressing their preferred gender in situations where they feel safe. They typically work up to living full time as members of their preferred gender by making many changes a little at a time. While there is no “right” way to transition genders, there are some common social changes transgender people experience that may involve one or more of the following: adopting the appearance of the desired sex through changes in clothing and grooming, adopting a new name, changing sex designation on identity documents (if possible), using hormone therapy treatment, and/or undergoing medical procedures that modify their body to conform with their gender identity.

Every transgender person’s process or transition differs. Because of this, many factors may determine how the individual wishes to live and express their gender identity. Finding a qualified mental health professional who is experienced in providing affirmative care for transgender people is an important first step. A qualified professional can provide guidance and referrals to other helping professionals. Connecting with other transgender people through peer support groups and transgender community organizations is also helpful.
The World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), a professional organization devoted to the treatment of transgender people, publishes The Standards of Care for Gender Identity Disorders, which offers recommendations for the provision of gender affirmation procedures and services.

Answers to your Questions About Transgender People, Gender Identity, and Gender Expression

That's a cop out. Do YOU believe that anyone should be giving hormone therapy to a 7 year old (yeah it started when he was 7)?

Robert and Danielle soon came to find out about a new, highly controversial, treatment for preteen kids with gender identity issues. The treatment allows kids to postpone puberty and avoid developing the physical attributes of the sex they were born with.

The treatment has been offered in the United States only for around four years. Essentially, kids who meet the criteria for gender identity disorder are given monthly injections of a medication that blocks their bodies from releasing sex hormones. This means that while the children continue to grow taller, for the three or four years they are on the medication, they are kept from maturing sexually.

Norman Spack, an endocrinologist at Children's Hospital in Boston, was one of the earliest practitioners of this treatment in the United States. He explains that doctors have actually been able to block sex hormones for decades — the technique has been used to treat everything from prostate cancer to fibroids — but it was only about 10 years ago that a medical group in the Netherlands decided to use it on kids like Armand.

"They had the idea. ... They decided to see what would happen if they took such a child that was in such distress over their body, [and stopped their body from] taking the form that they feared," he says.

To put off puberty, children –- usually between 10 and 13 — are injected with hormone blockers once a month. Spack explains that the blockers only affect the gonads, the organs responsible for turning boys into men and girls into women.

"If you can block the gonads, that is the ovary [in women] or the testis [in men], from making its sex steroids, that being estrogen or testosterone, then you can literally prevent ... almost all the physical differences between the genders," Spack explains.

Parents Consider Treatment to Delay Son's Puberty : NPR

Early hormone treatment would result in less suffering for a transgendered individual later on.

Forum List

Back