Lithuanian parliament has recognized the forced deportation of Ukrainians to Muscovy or to temporarily occupied territories as a Genocide

Thanks ESay. There are a few such interviews from people from the eastern part of the country. But they are just anecdotes and don't give me a sense whether it is commonplace or not, and plus I don't really trust journos anyway.

You are there, and your response tells me that it's not even something you think about- that makes me think that what I have read isn't necessarily representative of Russian speakers writ large.

I'm more interested in your take wrt the mood in Ukraine. On one end there will be people who say "fight to the bitter end, never surrender, death before capitulation". The other end would say "I just want it to be over at whatever cost". Which voice is louder?

If I was in that position I would fight it out to the finish. But I'm not from there, and don't know how the average Ukrainian really sees this. My impression is that defiance is the prevailing mood, but that impression comes from western and Ukrainian media sources. I can imagine there is some (justifiable) trepidation about western support that tempers that view.
Well, I can say only being based on my feelings and what I hear from my circle of communication. In other words, my feelings are quite subjective.

People mostly wait how the things will be developing. There isn't almost anyone who think that Ukraine can take or should take Sevastopol or Donetsk, or, on the contrary, that Ukraine should surrender completely. Only a few dare to make predictions or give some advises.

Some people fear that there will be a second march on Kiev. But I think I won't be mistaken if I say that no one wants to see them again here.

But is that because he always speaks in Russian, or is it because he was addressing the Russian people in that video?
The Klychko brothers always speak Russian. It was only after becoming the mayor of Kiev the elder one began speaking Ukrainian, or at least trying to do so.

Vitaliy Klychko never was a good speaker, and his manner and misspellings became a part of numerous jokes.

KEEP BLOW MUSLIMS (CHECHENS) , YOU IVAN A LOSER , YOU KNOW IT RIGHT ?

View attachment 659075

Right, i blow muslims, and im Ivan. Got it. The third time you said it was so much funnier. I have always found that jokes get funnier the more often they are repeated. Bonus points when you tell the same joke multiple times in a single day. :cuckoo:

1655490741925.png

The Klychko brothers always speak Russian. It was only after becoming the mayor of Kiev the elder one began speaking Ukrainian, or at least trying to do so.

Vitaliy Klychko never was a good speaker, and his manner and misspellings became a part of numerous jokes.
Took me a while to find this thread, I wanted to put this here since it's related.

It seems the Russian propaganda machine has been faking interviews with Klychko. The Mayors of Madrid and Vienna have also been targets.

Took me a while to find this thread, I wanted to put this here since it's related.

It seems the Russian propaganda machine has been faking interviews with Klychko. The Mayors of Madrid and Vienna have also been targets.

I have read about this. I don't understand how it will help them in their war effort, though.

I have read about this. I don't understand how it will help them in their war effort, though.
They are probing. Refugees are an economic weapon to Putin. They target these mayors to highlight the economic costs and gauge the level of support for Ukraine. Contacts like these are fishing expeditions- they know the subterfuge won't hold up. But they might get an official to make an embarrassing public statement based on a fraudulent call, or they might find a kindred spirit they can exploit.

I'm pretty sure a country cannot deport a refugee back to a war zone- at least I doubt any EU countries would do that anyway. Each mayor they did this to said the same thing, after a few minutes the conversation was steered to the refugees.

It also shows that any "interview" videos coming out of Russia have to be viewed with suspicion. They faked out 3 mayors in live video conference- they can put out anything on social media and make it look convincing.

Last edited:
They are probing. Refugees are an economic weapon to Putin. They target these mayors to highlight the economic costs and gauge the level of support for Ukraine. Contacts like these are fishing expeditions- they know the subterfuge won't hold up. But they might get an official to make an embarrassing public statement based on a fraudulent call, or they might find a kindred spirit they can exploit.

I'm pretty sure a country cannot deport a refugee back to a war zone- at least I doubt any EU countries would do that anyway. Each mayor they did this to said the same thing, after a few minutes the conversation was steered to the refugees.

It also shows that any "interview" videos coming out of Russia have to be viewed with suspicion. They faked out 3 mayors in live video conference- they can put out anything on social media and make it look convincing.
Several years ago, the Russians also used pranksters to push their agenda. I don't know the details of the recent conversations and not interested in it at all.

They tried to discredit Ukraine in one way or another? It is not of a big surprise. They have been pushing the narrative of Ukraine being a wasteland for American or European taxpayers for at least 8 years. But somehow, they want to get back these wastelands.

Forum List

Back