Links?

Oh that's rich.. You refuse to link to Fox but want to discuss Tucker Carlson views on Ukraine/Russia? We're not a news feed. We're a discussion board. You didn't frame a discussion. It was like dialing 411.

What was it YOU HEARD that needs explanation?
Do you have the ORIGINAL source to those quotes?

THAT'S what's required to have a discussion.

You can HAVE a thread with an opinion and no link. But if QUOTE facts or just assume somebody said it -- because you heard it on some podcast -- THEN -- you need a link.

Besides Odanny -- TWO of your comrades did THIS RIGHT about a week ago. Which makes your 411 call for info -- too little -- too late. Been discussed.

I'll give ya the links so you can catch up.. :up:

Hey flacaltenn can you explain the disconnect here? Thanks.

Hey flacaltenn can you explain the disconnect here? Thanks.

Thank you for showing us the contrast between your thread, and a legit opinion thread.

1646409213659.png

I like my links with a little maple flavoring while I'm checking out the news

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

So when's the last time you were booked on "smutty" cable news to give opinions and ask the questions? And had an ACTUALLY balanced panel of participants?

We are smuttier than we NEED to be. If folks would discuss HONESTLY and with a little ACTUAL EFFORT -- would be the BEST of media as a whole.

Dreaming? Yeah, kinda. But you CAN teach old trolls new tricks. Unless they slept thru K-12. We've had some 15 yrs old on here that could that.
I've noticed when one goes to start a new thread that just below your title line box there is a list of similar threads. Just a suggestion to some do be a bit more diligent. In fact I'm seeing five such "Tucker Carlson" labeled threads below as I type this.

Yea, it does suck when you have biased, Trump supporting moderators who target posters who are not Trump supporters. I've clearly pointed out this bias with proof, not that it matters to anyone. Just sayin'....
The only thing you pointed out was that you don't know the difference between the two posts.
As far as bias? We can be bias as a poster, but we also play it pretty close to the middle when we moderate.
You just don't see both sides, only your own.

I posted a thread in Media, where I asked a simple question of those who watch Tucker Carlson (I do not)

It was immediately locked with the question (emoticon, actually) asking for a "link"

I asked a question, there is no "link" to my question, I'm not parroting a story from the internet. My only request is for a certain moderator to get a clue. Thank you.
Yeah they move my stuff too, but allow some topics without links to stay. Who knows. What I figure is just play nice and not say anything or whine to them.As an example I made a topic yesterday discussing how quiet Twitter GOP is about Putin suddenly, and it got moved to some placecalled the Badlands. Who knows. No explanation given so I have no idea.

I see topics where the subject line is blatantly cussing and yelling at left-wingers but it isn’t moved. So yeah, just smile and nod and move on. Maybe mod is in a bad mood that day.

Last edited:
I've noticed when one goes to start a new thread that just below your title line box there is a list of similar threads. Just a suggestion to some do be a bit more diligent. In fact I'm seeing five such "Tucker Carlson" labeled threads below as I type this.

I did see that several days ago. In fact, I merged 3 of them. We dont merge everything on a topic. If it's more than 3 days or so old -- we let it stay by itself. If it got moved to a Taunting forum - we also dont merge it. If it's a substantial update to story/issue -- we let it stand.

Some of those you see we're still being created more than a week after the story broke. Maybe some of those might actually be closed or in Taunting forums.

opinion on WHAT?

What did Tucker say that has you in a snit?
Here is your thread:

You asked "What is Tucker Carlson saying about the Ukraine"

yet you neglected to link to what he was saying.

THAT is the reason it was closed.

PS you should have IMed a mod about your question.

No, he doesn't.

Tucker has an hour show, 5 days a week.

Why should someone have to look up what Tucker said, to find out what he is talking about.

OP needs to provide more, for a clean OP

Poster needs to familiarize himself with posting rules ahead of the thread.

I posted a thread in Media, where I asked a simple question of those who watch Tucker Carlson (I do not)

It was immediately locked with the question (emoticon, actually) asking for a "link"

I asked a question, there is no "link" to my question, I'm not parroting a story from the internet. My only request is for a certain moderator to get a clue. Thank you.
Sorry dude but I have the record(s). I had one once ditched within a minute and several within 2.

There is a bell ringing in the moderator shack every time I create a thread. Then a microscope examines the thread

Yer nuttin special

I once had a thread kicked off of Badlands for being too rough without breaking a durn rule?????????????

Now that is special kinda thread

That isn't the same Fox that has been #1 in cable news for 20 years, is it?

Some people wont touch it. Turns out in my experience -- they are same people who will NEVER answer questions? Coincidence? Correlation? Dunno.. LOL..,.

Just like the 2 parties that offer bad choices. The media choices get worse and worse. Low information for minds that can't cope with dissonance.

Forum List

Back