Lindsey Graham (R-SC) announcing a run for President on June 1st, 2015

I don't care for Graham one way or the the other, but at least he's waiting to announce. Something annoys me about these people who spend almost two years campaigning. Could you imagine if you had to spend two years interviewing for a job? You'd look incompetent. Oddly enough...

• Banned
I don't care for Graham one way or the the other, but at least he's waiting to announce. Something annoys me about these people who spend almost two years campaigning. Could you imagine if you had to spend two years interviewing for a job? You'd look incompetent. Oddly enough...

I think you have a good point, there. But I do think there is a reason for it.

Part of it is the pressure of having enough time as an OFFICIAL candidate to start raking in the money to survive a primary and then, hopefully, a GE season.

I think that the days of a candidate kind of jumping in in May of election year and then sailing to November victory are pretty much gone.

Just to get a 50-state team into place takes months and months of work.

I think you have a good point, there. But I do think there is a reason for it.

Part of it is the pressure of having enough time as an OFFICIAL candidate to start raking in the money to survive a primary and then, hopefully, a GE season.

I think that the days of a candidate kind of jumping in in May of election year and then sailing to November victory are pretty much gone.

Just to get a 50-state team into place takes months and months of work.

That's one of the reasons we have to remove the money from politics. If they didn't have the money they would have to run on their actual policies and character.

Forum List

Back