Limbaugh insults McCain as a POW

McCain... you mean "song bird"?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFhhvaIXA9A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFhhvaIXA9A[/ame]

I gotta go with, and I can't believe I'm saying this, DavidS. John McCain is anti-torture because it works. It is also beneath us. Limbaugh is actually advocating that we use the same methods as the Communist Vietnamize. This is pure dumbassery on Limbaugh's part. I would like to pull Limbaughs arms out his sockets and see if thinks it works.

Thank you. I was not able to articulate this as well as you did.

We cannot stoop down to their level. We hate the Vietnamese and all of these other third-world countries for their support of torture and by saying that we should torture, we're bowing down to their level.

What's the insult he said?

Gotta tell you, everything I see on him here actually makes me wonder what all the outrage is.

The insult is saying publicly that a Untied States Senator and a former member of our military was "broken" due to torture. You don't just go out and say that to anyone and everyone! That's something that John McCain has discussed and said that he's extremely shameful about (which he shouldn't be). AND John McCain is AGAINST torture.

Obama said America is arrogant? Why don't you fucking shit a brick over things that matter.

First of all, I have no idea what he said. I don't have the full context of the speech in front of me, however; judging by his previous speeches, I am quite sure he means that our foreign policy has been arrogant. Our entire invasion of Iraq was arrogant - we thought they would be throwing roses at our feet and we'd be greeted as liberators. We thought we'd be out of there by late 2003, maybe 2004. News flash: WE'RE STILL THERE.

Obama did not, from what I can tell, say "The American people, all 300+ million of them, are arrogant."

But if you spent any time thinking about what Obama said instead of letting Rush Limbaugh do the thinking for you - well then you might've come to the same conclusion.

The insult is saying publicly that a Untied States Senator and a former member of our military was "broken" due to torture. You don't just go out and say that to anyone and everyone! That's something that John McCain has discussed and said that he's extremely shameful about (which he shouldn't be). AND John McCain is AGAINST torture.

I don't see the insult there, McCain admitted it openly himself, Rush used it to make a point (though it failed on me) ... he kind of opened himself up to criticism in other areas, why would this be shocking. I also still don't get the insult, McCain served, he's proud to have served, Rush didn't make the contention that he was weak because of it, he was just asking how McCain would claim something that worked on him wouldn't work on others.

This is NOT an issue for Rush Limbaugh to talk about as an example of how torture works! It is for John McCain to discuss IF and WHEN he chooses to discuss it. It's something that is EXTREMELY SERIOUS. You don't just talk about it on a radio show as if it were an every day occurance. He was beaten and tortured for years because of those bastards.

This is WRONG.
If McCain's upset about it, you would almost have a point. And if you're considering applying censorship to talk pundits, saying what they can and cannot say, you have a far worse problem than Limbaugh ever will have.

Your faux outrage is amusing, conveniently forgetting the truly hateful and abusive attacks the far-left launched ad-infinitum against McCain during 2008.:cuckoo:

I gotta go with, and I can't believe I'm saying this, DavidS. John McCain is anti-torture because it works. It is also beneath us. Limbaugh is actually advocating that we use the same methods as the Communist Vietnamize. This is pure dumbassery on Limbaugh's part. I would like to pull Limbaughs arms out his sockets and see if thinks it works.

Then Limbaugh would have to bail out of A-4 Skyhawk and forget to pull his arms in...

THAT'S not possible, because Limbaugh is 4-F...he got a deferment because of a pilonidal cyst, an ingrown hair follicle on his ass.

I don't see the insult there, McCain admitted it openly himself, Rush used it to make a point (though it failed on me) ... he kind of opened himself up to criticism in other areas, why would this be shocking. I also still don't get the insult, McCain served, he's proud to have served, Rush didn't make the contention that he was weak because of it, he was just asking how McCain would claim something that worked on him wouldn't work on others.

This is NOT an issue for Rush Limbaugh to talk about as an example of how torture works! It is for John McCain to discuss IF and WHEN he chooses to discuss it. It's something that is EXTREMELY SERIOUS. You don't just talk about it on a radio show as if it were an every day occurance. He was beaten and tortured for years because of those bastards.

This is WRONG.
If McCain's upset about it, you would almost have a point. And if you're considering applying censorship to talk pundits, saying what they can and cannot say, you have a far worse problem than Limbaugh ever will have.

Your faux outrage is amusing, conveniently forgetting the truly hateful and abusive attacks the far-left launched ad-infinitum against McCain during 2008.:cuckoo:

I can't scan through the archives of this place, but when an ad was running of McCain's previous cancer bouts, I slammed the ad. Other than that, every other ad about McCain, which had nothing to do with his military service, was fair game. Believe me, the far right launched horrible, disgusting ads against Obama. If you take the time to scan through my posts well before you arrived, I always commended McCain's service and expressed my belief that he is a hero. I disagreed, very much, with his policy ideas - but to disagree with someone's ideas is one thing - to attack the man's personal life is another, which is what the far right did to Obama.

My rage is not fake. Discussing a former soldier of the United States of America's torture experiences while going off on a shopping list of reasons why we need torture in this country is beyond disgusting.

And please find somewhere where I said "he needs to be censored."

Thank you.

Limbaugh did not insult John McCain--he just reflected on what McCain said which is TRUE. McCain did "admit" that the unbelievable torture that he went through worked. "It broke him down." McCain said that at the RNC convention--it's on video you may want to do a U-tube on that.

The only thing McCain gave his captors, were useless little factoids that were either out of date, useless to their war effort, or flat out lies and deception on his part:

MCCAIN: "Eventually, I gave them my ship’s name and squadron number, and confirmed that my target had been the power plant. Pressed for more useful information, I gave the names of the Green Bay Packers’ offensive line, and said they were members of my squadron. When asked to identify future targets, I simply recited the names of a number of North Vietnamese cities that had already been bombed."

So McCain didn't give them anything useful, and when pressed for truly useful information he lied to and decieved his tortureres.

We can only surmise that your and Rush Limbaugh's goal here is to:

1) Defend George Dumbya Bush's torture policies.

2) Announce to the world, to hostile foreign governments, and al qaeda that torture works on american soldiers

And here we see the machine of the left at work, tactic, to lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, and lie.

The left, liberal, statist only has lies and a foul mouth to defiene its position. What a great side to be on.

Torture policys, yep, they scared a Abu Zubaydah with a furry little caterpiller and you guys call this torture.

What a joke. This is what ordinary americans are up against, a huge bunch of leftists that will demand we accept every perversion your minds think up, the leftist idea of jobs and work is to be government, to force others to give our money to them, they think they know best and will do best with other peoples money. Yet that is not good enough, nope, the leftist statists will raise your children, they will tell your children that you are evil, that you hate, while hiding the true hatred they have.

I see a bunch of sad disgusting statists. Calling people fat slobs, drug addicts, presidents dumb while your messiah does no wrong.

The statist repeats every stupid talking point as sent down by the political leadership of the party, every useless headline, regurgitated, a huge collasal burp of propaganda, nothing more.

The only problem with america is true americans are sleeping, maybe the tea parties are an indication that real americans are waking to the threat of lazy statists, maybe not, time will tell.

Limbauh as an enemy, far from it, more patriotic than anyone else in the media.

And here we see the machine of the left at work, tactic, to lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, and lie.

The left, liberal, statist only has lies and a foul mouth to defiene its position. What a great side to be on.

Torture policys, yep, they scared a Abu Zubaydah with a furry little caterpiller and you guys call this torture.

What a joke. This is what ordinary americans are up against, a huge bunch of leftists that will demand we accept every perversion your minds think up, the leftist idea of jobs and work is to be government, to force others to give our money to them, they think they know best and will do best with other peoples money. Yet that is not good enough, nope, the leftist statists will raise your children, they will tell your children that you are evil, that you hate, while hiding the true hatred they have.

I see a bunch of sad disgusting statists. Calling people fat slobs, drug addicts, presidents dumb while your messiah does no wrong.

The statist repeats every stupid talking point as sent down by the political leadership of the party, every useless headline, regurgitated, a huge collasal burp of propaganda, nothing more.

The only problem with america is true americans are sleeping, maybe the tea parties are an indication that real americans are waking to the threat of lazy statists, maybe not, time will tell.

What lie has been told here. It's funny when an attempted insult slaps pop culture shock jocks in the face, we are just pointing out the facts.

1. Rush said that it was hypocritical of McCain to not support torture because ...

2. The Communists did this successfully to an American so ...

3. Rush is basically siding with the Communists or announcing to the world that our military is weak and can be tortured for information when ....

4. McCain actually lied to his captures.

Also, McCain is a Republican. Does it anger you that those of us willing to think beyond catch phrases and slogans actually are defending a Republican or that another Republican is being called out for being against his own party? Inquiring minds want to know.

A shining example of a right wing "patriot"... someone that despises the people of this country that don't agree with him/her...

BTW, isn't obtuse support for a huge, wasteful and inefficient military and unquestioning demand for an overbearing criminal justice gestapo statism?

How about: "you're either with us, or against us" collectivism?

What lie has been told here. It's funny when an attempted insult slaps pop culture shock jocks in the face, we are just pointing out the facts.

1. Rush said that it was hypocritical of McCain to not support torture because ...

3. Rush is basically siding with the Communists or announcing to the world that our military is weak and can be tortured for information when ....

4. McCain actually lied to his captors.

Also, McCain is a Republican. Does it anger you that those of us willing to think beyond catch phrases and slogans actually are defending a Republican or that another Republican is being called out for being against his own party? Inquiring minds want to know.

That’s what pisses me off about this whole thread, about Rush Limpballs, and his rightwing cheerleaders on this thread.

Their whole argument is based on deception and flawed logic.

They are relying on cherry picking the context of what McCain said, to support their position. And they are intentionally – and falsely – announcing to the world that American soldiers can be tortured for useful information. What a crock of treasonous shit.

Yes, its technically true McCain “broke” under torture. He gave in and told his captors something. But what he told them was intended to deceive them, and provide them FALSE information.

In other words, torture didn’t work on McCain. Other than some useless litte factoids that didn’t help their war effort, McCain gave them information that was false and intended to deceive them.

Rush Limbaugh and his parrots know this. Rush has read McCain’s transcript that McCain provided the Green Bay Packer’s offensive line as a ruse to deceive his captors, and he gave them BOGUS AND FALSE information about bombing targets.

Torture didn’t work. They got McCain to say something, but what he said didn’t help them, and in fact deceived them.

So I ask the question: Why is Limpballs and his rightwing cheerleaders announcing to our enemies that torturing American soldiers WORKS?

Why the fuck would any American do that? I would salute McCain for enduring what he did, and the worst you can say about him is that he provided false information under torture.

I would tell Al Qaeda and hostile governments that American soldiers CAN’T be tortured for useful information, and point to McCain as a noble example of that.

Rush’s rightwing cheerleaders here, in stark contrast, want to twist the facts of McCain’s example, and announce that American soldiers are weak and CAN be tortured for useful information.

What a crock of shit.

Last edited:

4. McCain actually lied to his captors.

That’s what pisses me off about this whole thread, about Rush Limpballs, and his rightwing cheerleaders on this thread.

Their whole argument is based on deception and flawed logic.

They are relying on cherry picking the context of what McCain said, to support their position. And they are intentionally – and falsely – announcing to the world that American soldiers can be tortured for useful information. What a crock of treasonous shit.

Yes, its technically true McCain “broke” under torture. He gave in and told his captors something. But what he told them was intended to deceive them, and provide them FALSE information.

In other words, torture didn’t work on McCain. Other than some useless litte factoids that didn’t help their war effort, McCain gave them information that was false and intended to deceive them.

Rush Limbaugh and his parrots know this. Rush has read McCain’s transcript that McCain provided the Green Bay Packer’s offensive line as a ruse to deceive his captors, and he gave them BOGUS AND FALSE information about bombing targets.

Torture didn’t work. They got McCain to say something, but what he said didn’t help them, and in fact deceived them.

So I ask the question: Why is Limpballs and his rightwing cheerleaders announcing to our enemies that torturing American soldiers WORKS?

Why the fuck would any American do that? I would salute McCain for enduring what he did, and the worst you can say about him is that he provided false information under torture.

I would tell Al Qaeda and hostile governments that American soldiers CAN’T be tortured for useful information, and point to McCain as a noble example of that.

Rush’s rightwing cheerleaders here, in stark contrast, want to twist the facts of McCain’s example, and announce that American soldiers are weak and CAN be tortured for useful information.

What a crock of shit.

Um ... don't shoot the messenger ... especially when they bring you good news. In other words .... I didn't disagree with you myself, however I was showing an angle that makes Rush look far worse, at least until this rant.

Then Limbaugh would have to bail out of A-4 Skyhawk and forget to pull his arms in...

THAT'S not possible, because Limbaugh is 4-F...he got a deferment because of a pilonidal cyst, an ingrown hair follicle on his ass.

Tell me you are not insinuating that McCain wasn't tortured.

No matter, petty little bickerings, bottom line is there is nobody telling the news and exposing politicians like Rush, that is why all the attacks. The statist fear Rush so they must silence free speech.

Anyone can listen to his show, it is extremely powerful, the statist know that in a world of truth and fact they lose. Its as simple as that.

Listen to Rush yourself, anyone who wants to be informed, join 24/7, its about 1.5 hours per show once the commercials are gone and you can hear Rush play sound clips from all the politicians, you can hear Rush cover all the major stories.

How can the statist fear this. What the Statist should fear more than Rush is

The Mark Levin Show » Audio

Mark Levin is pure venom, a true patriot, an american.

Read his book, Liberty and Tyranny

This is why the statist concentrates on Limbaugh, they would prefer you know nothing about Mark Levin.

Mark Levin is the most dangerous man in America

No matter, petty little bickerings, bottom line is there is nobody telling the news and exposing politicians like Rush, that is why all the attacks. The statist fear Rush so they must silence free speech.

Anyone can listen to his show, it is extremely powerful, the statist know that in a world of truth and fact they lose. Its as simple as that.

Listen to Rush yourself, anyone who wants to be informed, join 24/7, its about 1.5 hours per show once the commercials are gone and you can hear Rush play sound clips from all the politicians, you can hear Rush cover all the major stories.

This is why the statist concentrates on Limbaugh, they would prefer you know nothing about Mark Levin.

Levin isn't bad. Phil valentine is okay as well. I can listen to Hannity if he is on, but there is a fucking thing that Limbaugh says that is informative. He simply exists to cause knots in the panties of liberals. Half the shit Limbaugh spews isn't even true conservatism. He is the king of dumbassery.

A lie or misinterpetation. Same methods, maybe one, sleep deprivation, maybe another, isolation.

Levin isn't bad. Phil valentine is okay as well. I can listen to Hannity if he is on, but there is a fucking thing that Limbaugh says that is informative. He simply exists to cause knots in the panties of liberals. Half the shit Limbaugh spews isn't even true conservatism. He is the king of dumbassery.

Rush reminds me of Howard Stern ... just political in nature.

A lie or misinterpetation. Same methods, maybe one, sleep deprivation, maybe another, isolation.

Don't use the word lie when stating your opinion, some don't it kindly. That was my opinion, therefore it can neither true or false.

Also, torture is torture. I don't mind interrogation, its the enhanced part that causes problems.

Forum List

Back