Limbaugh gives 300k to Leukemia

krotchdog

Rookie
Apr 7, 2009
Friday was the 19th Annual Cure-A-Thon for leukemia and lymphoma. I dont have much more to add than this, I simply see so much hate against a man who raises money for this charity that someone needs to show that Rush Limbaughs actions touch all americans.

Its a shame so many people never gave this man a chance. He is arrogant, abrasive, yet he gives. He is personally responsible for raising millions of dollars for this disease.

Credit where credit is do, Rush is a true american.

A very useful explanation of these deadly cancers is given by Rush.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_041709/content/01125106.guest.html

You generally hear about the disease when somebody you know or somebody who is famous contracts a form of it. It can happen in their 40s or 50s and it is stunning when it happens, but it hits everybody and there's no rhyme or reason to it. Everybody is a potential victim here. Nine-hundred thousand patients and their families are living with leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease, myeloma, and 100,000 more patients are diagnosed every year. Now these people have more than hope going for them, because the work they're doing today for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is bringing quantifiable change, progress, and especially, especially for kids. Leukemia is the number one cancer killer of children under the age of 20. The most common form of childhood leukemia has an overall survival rate today of 88 percent. That's up one percent since a year ago. The progress here is demonstrable, and it's significant. Lymphoma is diagnosed in 63,000 Americans every year, 20,000 succumb to the disease. The five-year survival rate has risen from 47 percent in 1974 to 65 percent today, which is up another 2 percent from a year ago.

Hodgkin's disease today is considered curable. The five-year survival rate is now up to 86 percent, and it is even higher for those under 20. Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma has a long-term survival rate of 65 percent. None of this would be possible were it not for the generosity of Americans all over the country who are contributing to research. Each time that we draw near to the Cure-A-Thon, I always receive tons of e-mails from family members or people who have one of these various blood cancers describing their circumstances, how their treatment is going, how valuable the research from the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society has been, and the e-mails are always filled with thanks, people asking to be passed on to you for all of the generosity, contributions, donations that you have made.

Myeloma is a cancer of the plasma cells. Sixty-three thousand Americans currently live with this disease. There are 15,000 new patients diagnosed every year. Now, this disease rarely strikes those under the age of 50, and the five-year survival rate was only 32 percent a couple years ago. It's gone up to 35 percent now. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society dollars instrumental in the development of a new treatment since we last spoke, Velcade, that brought about these recent gains. So the research goes on, lots of breakthroughs to be telling you about during the course of the day

Last edited:
Limbidiot is NOT a hero.

He's just trying to get good press to cover up all the shit he's done.

Besides.......says a lot about a political party when they have as their unofficial spokesperson an individual who is racist, egotistic as well as a drug addict.

• Banned
Limbidiot is NOT a hero.

Besides.......says a lot about a political party when they have as their unofficial spokesperson an individual who is racist, egotistic as well as a drug addict.

Maybe not a hero, but how can you denigrate the guy every chance you get, here is an example of something Rush is doing that may save your life, or a life of someone you love.

He started this 19 years ago, all the "shit" you refer to was done after that period.

His call screener Sneerdly is black, so how is Rush racist. Egotistic, sure, most in the media are, comes with the territory. Drug addict, he admited that, went to therapy, did it help, who knows.

Either way, Rush Limbaugh may of saved your life and you dont know it yet. Millions of dollars raised and not just for this charity, this is just his personal telethon.

You should listen to the man, for a week, I with all my heart and passion I can express in simple words believe you are hurting yourself by not listening. I will give examples in another thread.

Limbidiot is NOT a hero.

That's a pretty cynical view. Is it your contention that philanthropic work is done only for the purpose of people's self-aggrandizement? I hate to break the bad news to you, but there are a lot of generous people out there willing to help others just because they are good people.

It's funny how all the Rush Limbaugh hater likes to keep saying that he is a "drug addict." Didn't anybody inform you that he did have a problem and he is over it?

And I suppose anytime, someone even breathes a word about another race, he should be rightfully called a racist as well.

Your response just sounds like the rhetoric that I hear from the left media who are unabashedly disdainful of Rush's every move even when he is doing something for the good of society.

Limbidiot is NOT a hero.

Maybe not a hero, but how can you denigrate the guy every chance you get, here is an example of something Rush is doing that may save your life, or a life of someone you love.

He started this 19 years ago, all the "shit" you refer to was done after that period.

His call screener Sneerdly is black, so how is Rush racist. Egotistic, sure, most in the media are, comes with the territory. Drug addict, he admited that, went to therapy, did it help, who knows.

Either way, Rush Limbaugh may of saved your life and you dont know it yet. Millions of dollars raised and not just for this charity, this is just his personal telethon.

You should listen to the man, for a week, I with all my heart and passion I can express in simple words believe you are hurting yourself by not listening. I will give examples in another thread.

From 1991 until 1993, while serving with VFA-131 Wildcats in Cecil Field Fl, I listened to Limbidiot DAILY. When the Chief transferred?

A vote was cast, and we never listened to Limbidiot again.

BTW......you don't know a fucking thing about me crotch licker.........so how the fuck can you POSSIBLY know when I'm hurting myself?

• Banned
Limbidiot is NOT a hero.

From 1991 until 1993, while serving with VFA-131 Wildcats in Cecil Field Fl, I listened to Limbidiot DAILY. When the Chief transferred?

A vote was cast, and we never listened to Limbidiot again.

BTW......you don't know a fucking thing about me crotch licker.........so how the fuck can you POSSIBLY know when I'm hurting myself?

Maybe someone else can point that out for you.

• Banned
I'd have some respect for him if he gave money to cure Parkinson's or drug addiction.

What makes you think he has not?
I'd have some respect for him if he gave money to cure Parkinson's or drug addiction.

When you are young many things in life have yet to touch your life.

My cousin died on a cold day detroit, he was found dead of a drug overdose in his pick-up truck. So fucked up, I loved him, I could not talk to him for years he was always so strung out.

I had my best friend die of Leaukemia, Acute myelogenous leukemia, it ran in his family. He worded construction in San Diego county, he also had a drug problem, crystal methamphetamine addict. Maybe that helped, who knows, he went to the emergency room on the day before new years 1999, his leg was swollen with what he thought was an infection from work, he stepped on a nail, they told him he had leaukemia and would never leave the hospital, he did, but in one year and a day he died, on New Years day of the next year.

Despite your callous posts, I pray you never suffer the tragedy that I have, you must be young to not of experienced tragedy, or maybe you just dont give a shit.

Either way it shows me that even the idiots can have a right to say whatever they want. Is this all the substance of the left, liberal, democrat, statist.

Last edited:

I'd have more respect for him if he did that as well. Remember the fucked up way that he talked about Michael J. Fox?

BTW crotch sniffer........since I was orphaned at 8, lived with family members (who abused me) until I was 12, and then went into foster care until I ran away at 16, where I joined the Navy at 17, and then was in Boot Camp at 18, well........I kinda think that my experience base as a CHILD is more than yours as an adult.

Oh yeah.........20 years faithful service in the Navy, and have been retired for around 7 years.

What you got?

Bet I know more than you about life dick.

I don't like the man. But I appreciate the fact that he donated for the cause of Leukemia. My dad had leukemia and was able to beat it.

I agree, give the man some credit for doing the right thing, regardless of political affiliation or opinion, this is something that takes heart.

Because...he made fun of someone with Parkinson's and he thinks drug addicts should be jailed unless they are overweight white men.

Because...he made fun of someone with Parkinson's and he thinks drug addicts should be jailed unless they are overweight white men.

This is a lie, I have yet to see you back up a thing you have said. Is that all you got.

This is a lie, I have yet to see you back up a thing you have said. Is that all you got.
I suppose you missed him twitching when he imitated Micahel Foxx?

And you missed his railing against drug addicts that weren't addicted to oxycontin?

If you want him to be your hero you are welcome...but pretending he did not do those things makes you a hypocrite.

I'd have more respect for him if he did that as well. Remember the fucked up way that he talked about Michael J. Fox?

BTW crotch sniffer........since I was orphaned at 8, lived with family members (who abused me) until I was 12, and then went into foster care until I ran away at 16, where I joined the Navy at 17, and then was in Boot Camp at 18, well........I kinda think that my experience base as a CHILD is more than yours as an adult.

Oh yeah.........20 years faithful service in the Navy, and have been retired for around 7 years.

What you got?

Bet I know more than you about life dick.

I made a point, being a conservative, I can have empathy and forgiveness

Last edited:
Here's the thing, when people are always assholes they will gain a reputation and a following, look at Howard Stern for a more middle of the road shock jock. However when someone does something right by ignoring it and focusing on what they do wrong you are by all accounts discouraging positive change in any way. There are many topics I apply this logic to, not just Rush, and thus why it's important to me that he is recognized for this.

No, one good deed does not absolve them of anything, they are still assholes, and still loud mouths. But if they can get more attention for doing good they will do more good, until eventually it does balance out. I wish I knew of any modern popular people who make a good example for this, but then very few are ever reward unilaterally for such actions.

I suppose you missed him twitching when he imitated Micahel Foxx?

And you missed his railing against drug addicts that weren't addicted to oxycontin?

If you want him to be your hero you are welcome...but pretending he did not do those things makes you a hypocrite.
ah, so you saw that doctored video
and you believe it because you WANT to

i vote this for the worst partisan hack post on this board....ever

as if leukemia is a lesser disease....as if leukemia kills less....WTF

un.....believable....

Forum List

Back