Lil Haunted Gingerbread House

Kagom

Jan 16, 2006
Vicksburg, MS
picture001rb4.jpg
picture002oc3.jpg
picture003ay6.jpg

Sadly that was from a kit. Come Christmas time I'm gonna try to make my own. But I do have a recipe for gingerbread somewhere. I'll post it once I find it.

Sadly that was from a kit. Come Christmas time I'm gonna try to make my own. But I do have a recipe for gingerbread somewhere. I'll post it once I find it.

I have my seventh graders make 'candy houses' with their first grade 'buddies' for Christmas. We gather the noon milk cartons, about 50 of them. Wash them, obviously. Slather them with canned frosting, then stick graham crackers or cinnamon crackers to the sides. More frosting, then 'glue' teddy grahams, peppermint sticks or 'dots', licorice, other assorted sweets. Takes about an hour to build.

Actually when an older kid makes them, they make nice placecard holders, though you obviously need more cartons. ;)

Heh, that's always fun. I love making gingerbread, it's just a pain to mentally translate the recipe.

I remember doing that when I was a kid. It always made my Christmas more enjoyable.

Heh, that's always fun. I love making gingerbread, it's just a pain to mentally translate the recipe.

I remember doing that when I was a kid. It always made my Christmas more enjoyable.

It's alot of fun for the older and younger kids. I always get a kick out of it, because the older ones really try to make the little kids' turn out perfect, then run out of time for their own. :cool:

Forum List

Back