Lies of the union address

So CONZ here have successfully picked gnat shit out of pepper.

Congratulations. You've....you've EARNED it.

Why don't you make a HUGE DEAL out of it, so that when it's explained properly, you look petty and small?

Obama has been campaigning for a second term since Jan 20th 2009.

An the Republcians have been campaigning against his 2012 re-election since Aug 28 2008.

Hey DUMMY...It is the JOB of the other party to win back an elected office.
The sitting president should be doing the business of the people 24/7/365. Not worrying about his legacy, his ego or hos re-election.
Any person that does what Obama has done has no respect for the Office and should be disqualified from occupying the Office.
Things you people think are unimportant are disrespectful to the Office. Such as not wearing a suit jacket at all times while in work areas of the White House. Putting his feet on the furniture. Removing shoes while in work areas of White House. No other president since photography was invented has ever done these things.
Of course you will retort with "So what"?....
I think you and the doggie should find a hobby you both enjoy. This is no place for you.
With your every post I see an acute lack of intelligence and a past riding the short bus.

I see you've been gobbling up their propagnda. Nice. But really what's the point in discussing these issue when you believe what you posted. It's nonsense. It just goes to show you simply lack jugement. Have a great day.

After three years of President Ronald McDonald, Jimmy Carter is happy not to be the worst President ever, and George Bush is no longer the Dumbest President ever.

He repeated it without saying the word rate...Seemed deliberately dishonest to say she paid higher taxes than he did.

I seriously doubt he said that. His speech is scrubbed many times. There should be a video of it later and you can show us if he did.

Right now, because of loopholes and shelters in the tax code, a quarter of all millionaires pay lower tax rates than millions of middle-class households. Right now, Warren Buffett pays a lower tax rate than his secretary.

Do we want to keep these tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans? Or do we want to keep our investments in everything else – like education and medical research; a strong military and care for our veterans? Because if we’re serious about paying down our debt, we can’t do both.

The American people know what the right choice is. So do I.

Now, you can call this class warfare all you want. But asking a billionaire to pay at least as much as his secretary in taxes? Most Americans would call that common sense.

White House releases full text of Obama's State of the Union speech | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
Your argument gets no traction.
The problem is not taxes. The problem is not shelters or loopholes or anything else the class warfare crowd spews.
The problem is government spends too much money on useless nonsense waste and bureaucracy.
Do you realize for example, the federal government funds advertising campaigns for auto manufacturers? Tens of millions of dollars per year to run commercials to make Americans feel good about their cars. Great.
Do you realize that for every dollar collected in taxes that goes toward Welfare 35% of it is spent on administration ( at the federal level alone)?
Here's a good one...The federal government recently paid Hawker Beechcraft to develop a new military aircraft( AT-6 light attack aircraft).....Then instead of offering the compnay the contract, the Obaam administration gave the contract no bid to Brazilian aircraft maker Harbin Embraer. Beechcraft could have done the job at a lower price with AMERICAN workers.
Do you wonder why Americans are always pissed off at government and why they are being taxed into road kill?
So while Obama sends jobs off shore to Brazil, cancels a major oil pipeline project that would have resulted in 20,000 permanent jobs people like you continue to worship Obama.

An the Republcians have been campaigning against his 2012 re-election since Aug 28 2008.

The sitting president should be doing the business of the people 24/7/365. Not worrying about his legacy, his ego or hos re-election.
Any person that does what Obama has done has no respect for the Office and should be disqualified from occupying the Office.
Things you people think are unimportant are disrespectful to the Office. Such as not wearing a suit jacket at all times while in work areas of the White House. Putting his feet on the furniture. Removing shoes while in work areas of White House. No other president since photography was invented has ever done these things.
I think you and the doggie should find a hobby you both enjoy. This is no place for you.
With your every post I see an acute lack of intelligence and a past riding the short bus.

I see you've been gobbling up their propagnda. Nice. But really what's the point in discussing these issue when you believe what you posted. It's nonsense. It just goes to show you simply lack jugement. Have a great day.

No sweetie, this is fact.

What is being left out is the fact that Mr. Buffet was taxed on his money once already... the taxes Obama is pointing out is on Buffet's investments.
Only dummies are falling for this shit.

So yeah... raise capital gains taxes and watch those same billionares say why bother investing.

Nobody turns down making money because of the tax they might face. That's one of the more consistently dumb things Republicans say.

And they're not taxing money that was already taxed. We don't tax wealth here. Only the net gain of new wealth is taxed. Another dumb thing Republicans say.

We do tax income from dividends different then earned income retard which is the point.

Yeah, what's your point? We do, but we shouldn't. You're telling me that you're Ok with unearned income being taxed less than earned income?

My point, which predictably whizzed over your head, is that it does not constitute double taxation as The Imbecil insinuated. Like most "Double taxation" memes, it is, well.. A meme.

We do tax income from dividends different then earned income retard which is the point.

An it is wrong to tax them at 15% across the board. Standard tax rates should apply to all income based on total income regardless of how that income was gained.

The rules changed and were set to go back to the way it was until they (ubber rich) lobbied Congress to keep the rate at 15%.

The Tax Foundation - Federal Capital Gains Tax Rates, 1988-2011
Right....Ok, so it's the job of government to implement double taxation?
In other words the earning were taxed at full rate once. That's all the government should be entitled to. The fact that the feds get a smaller second bite at the apple is enough.

Show me how it's double taxation. Show me, mathematically.

Why are those with the stupidest ideas always the most certain of them? :cuckoo:

An it is wrong to tax them at 15% across the board. Standard tax rates should apply to all income based on total income regardless of how that income was gained.

The rules changed and were set to go back to the way it was until they (ubber rich) lobbied Congress to keep the rate at 15%.

The Tax Foundation - Federal Capital Gains Tax Rates, 1988-2011
Right....Ok, so it's the job of government to implement double taxation?
In other words the earning were taxed at full rate once. That's all the government should be entitled to. The fact that the feds get a smaller second bite at the apple is enough.
The solution is to compel Capitol Hill to spend with fiscal responsibility instead of spending as though it had a black check.
The tax code should be scrapped. The IRS pared down to just enough people to administer the dept. The federal income tax should be a flat 15% of all earnings from employment, dividends, business, etc. Exempt the first $30k for singles, 60K for married or domestic couples. NO deductions of any kind. No children, no earned income credit no AMT, none of this nonsensical stuff that makes the tax code thousands of pages.
A 15% flat tax would significantly increase revenue and create an across the board equity.

Taxing interest earned or capital gains in not double taxation.

No sweetie, this is fact.

Sorry sugerplum, I don't believe it is.

Y'know, I can remember when the Cons were saying it's the lib/Dems who are so negative and the country just won't relate to them because of this. Carter and Mondale were given as examples of this, too.

Fast forward to now, where we have a Prez who's often compared to Carter by Repubs (mainly wishful thinking, of course) speaking optimistically to the country while the GOoPers are just being a bunch of bummers in response.

How times change, eh?

Yeah, I will: so what?

You're the one who needs to get out and do more if you're really worrying about stuff like this.

Nobody turns down making money because of the tax they might face. That's one of the more consistently dumb things Republicans say.

And they're not taxing money that was already taxed. We don't tax wealth here. Only the net gain of new wealth is taxed. Another dumb thing Republicans say.
The guinea pig is smarter than you.

No, he's not. And what I said is exactly right; Show otherwise or shut your obnoxious cake hole.

Wanna bet? Business growth has been stunted by the threat of heavy taxation on those making over $250k per year. Small business is going to bear the brunt of Obama's tax proposals.
Where is the incentive? Consider your answer carefully.
The micro business I work for grossed $225 k in sales last year. Perfect. Do you really think we would want to grow to say $300k and have to pay all that extra tax? It would be a de facto reduction in profit. What the hell is wrong with you?
If we were to grow to that level of gross sales we could not afford to hire a new person because after taxes there would not be enough to pay the expertise required.
Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Unless you can be in an identical position, you are clueless.

Brainwashed Pub dupes all over the place!! Your facts are all total BS or ridiculous spin. 33% of all welfare spending is federal gov't administration? Absolute Pubcrappe!

The guinea pig is smarter than you.

No, he's not. And what I said is exactly right; Show otherwise or shut your obnoxious cake hole.

Wanna bet? Business growth has been stunted by the threat of heavy taxation on those making over $250k per year. Small business is going to bear the brunt of Obama's tax proposals.
Where is the incentive? Consider your answer carefully.
The micro business I work for grossed $225 k in sales last year. Perfect. Do you really think we would want to grow to say $300k and have to pay all that extra tax? It would be a de facto reduction in profit. What the hell is wrong with you?
If we were to grow to that level of gross sales we could not afford to hire a new person because after taxes there would not be enough to pay the expertise required.
Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. Unless you can be in an identical position, you are clueless.

How does returning from 36% to 39% (that's 3%) equal the threat you describe as heavy? During the 90's the economy was prosperous was it not?

Taxation is done on net profit not gross sales. :eusa_whistle:

How is taxing interest an capital gains double taxation again?

He repeated it without saying the word rate...Seemed deliberately dishonest to say she paid higher taxes than he did.

I seriously doubt he said that. His speech is scrubbed many times. There should be a video of it later and you can show us if he did.

Right now, because of loopholes and shelters in the tax code, a quarter of all millionaires pay lower tax rates than millions of middle-class households. Right now, Warren Buffett pays a lower tax rate than his secretary.

Do we want to keep these tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans? Or do we want to keep our investments in everything else – like education and medical research; a strong military and care for our veterans? Because if we’re serious about paying down our debt, we can’t do both.

Now, you can call this class warfare all you want. But asking a billionaire to pay at least as much as his secretary in taxes? Most Americans would call that common sense.

White House releases full text of Obama's State of the Union speech | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
Having said "tax rate" already, anyone not as willfully ignorant as a CON$ervative would know he was talking about tax rates.

You're the one who needs to get out and do more if you're really worrying about stuff like this.
No..YOU need to re examine your priorities.
There are still some things that always have and always will be sacred.
Yours is a typical liberal response. You people want to go through life with no rules and no responsibilities.
Traditions, customs and protocol are the only things we have holding together this nation.
Let's carry this a step further.
When a former president dies, he or she is provided with a State funeral.
In your world of "I should get out and stop worrying about...", since you think those customs and protocols are unimportant, suppose we just forget about ALL of them and skip the State funeral?
Sunshine, you don't get to decide what is important and what it not. It's ALL important.
Now, answer the question. No State funeral? Based on your attitude...
GO!

No..YOU need to re examine your priorities.
There are still some things that always have and always will be sacred.
Yours is a typical liberal response. You people want to go through life with no rules and no responsibilities.
Traditions, customs and protocol are the only things we have holding together this nation.
Let's carry this a step further.
When a former president dies, he or she is provided with a State funeral.
In your world of "I should get out and stop worrying about...", since you think those customs and protocols are unimportant, suppose we just forget about ALL of them and skip the State funeral?
Sunshine, you don't get to decide what is important and what it not. It's ALL important.
Now, answer the question. No State funeral? Based on your attitude...
GO!

You're comparing little things like this....

Such as not wearing a suit jacket at all times while in work areas of the White House. Putting his feet on the furniture. Removing shoes while in work areas of White House. No other president since photography was invented has ever done these things.

...to something like a state funeral???

Please spare me, you big hack. You're only saying this because of who's in office.

What is being left out is the fact that Mr. Buffet was taxed on his money once already... the taxes Obama is pointing out is on Buffet's investments.
Only dummies are falling for this shit.

So yeah... raise capital gains taxes and watch those same billionares say why bother investing.
Only CON$ervative dummies are stupid enough to think realized capital gains are taxed twice!!! The fact that CON$ keep parroting this lie only proves that they have never owned any capital assets.

I always love how CON$ insult the intelligence of others right after they make fools of themselves! :rofl::lmao:

bushnojacket.jpg

reagannojacket.jpg

673c8048fbe22e58103bf505cd2f6c017faa7b93.1280x960.jpg

20100125-bushovaloffice.jpg

A0BD70F4-E055-45B4-AA27-8D51F4DF7256_mw800_s.jpg

I always love how CON$ insult the intelligence of others right after they make fools of themselves! :rofl::lmao:

bushnojacket.jpg

reagannojacket.jpg

673c8048fbe22e58103bf505cd2f6c017faa7b93.1280x960.jpg

20100125-bushovaloffice.jpg

A0BD70F4-E055-45B4-AA27-8D51F4DF7256_mw800_s.jpg
I guess the Spoon Loon got back on the short bus and ran away from this thread. :lol:

Forum List

Back