Lieberman Petition

Time to punish all who don't assimilate, eh?

I think the problem isn't that Joe supported McCain it's that he openly attacked Obama for the purpose of showing his support of McCain.

That said, I don't know why harry reid thinks it's his place to dictate which committee Joe serves on.

Joe is up for reelection in 2010 right? I'd assume it wouldn't be difficult for a Dem to run against him using his actions in this election and get him booted. Perhaps that is the better course of action. let the people of CT speak.

I think the problem isn't that Joe supported McCain it's that he openly attacked Obama for the purpose of showing his support of McCain.

That said, I don't know why harry reid thinks it's his place to dictate which committee Joe serves on.

Joe is up for reelection in 2010 right? I'd assume it wouldn't be difficult for a Dem to run against him using his actions in this election and get him booted. Perhaps that is the better course of action. let the people of CT speak.

The Senate Majority Leader hands out committee assignments, including chairmanships.

Lieberman campaigned against Obama and other Democrats in the election.

He should be thrown out of the Democratic Party.

The Senate Majority Leader hands out committee assignments, including chairmanships.

thanks for the clarification jillian...wasn't aware of that.

Do you view this as the right decision? to force Joe Liberman to step down? I don't.

I don't think he left them with any choice when he spoke at the republican convention and against his candidate.

but are they going to ask others who serve on this committee to step down too (republicans I mean)? He's an Independent who votes with them, don't they need that vote?

Just seems like cutting your nose off to spite your face a little bit.

but are they going to ask others who serve on this committee to step down too (republicans I mean)? He's an Independent who votes with them, don't they need that vote?

Just seems like cutting your nose off to spite your face a little bit.

the repubs don't get the chairmanship. that goes to someone from the majority. there are a certain number of people from the majority and minority parties on each committee and subcommittee. Each leader hands out the committee assignments to their own memberships. Certain committees are considered rewards...

And no, they don't need his vote any longer. Lieberman will vote whatever way he wants on legislation regardless... but they had to smack him down.

the repubs don't get the chairmanship. that goes to someone from the majority. there are a certain number of people from the majority and minority parties on each committee and subcommittee. Each leader hands out the committee assignments to their own memberships. Certain committees are considered rewards...

And no, they don't need his vote any longer. Lieberman will vote whatever way he wants on legislation regardless... but they had to smack him down.

fair enough.

Personally I hope he and McCain lose re-election.

What a traitor... He fervently endorses McCain and almost becomes his VP candidate... After he ran as the VP candidate for Al Gore, a Democrat, in 2000. Now the Democrats are refusing to take him back, for good reason. So he turns his back and wants to join the GOP.

What a traitor... He fervently endorses McCain and almost becomes his VP candidate... After he ran as the VP candidate for Al Gore, a Democrat, in 2000. Now the Democrats are refusing to take him back, for good reason. So he turns his back and wants to join the GOP.

He should just form the American Zionist party and be done with it.

No, it's because you guys purposely stay on the offensive. We tried to bring up Keating and you guys made it about Rezko.

We tried to say McCain had pastor problems, like Hagee and Falwell, but you guys kept talking about Wright.

I think it's important to know how you guys are so effective. Once people realize your tricks, it makes them a lot less effective.

Bunch of whiners. :lol:

let's see now, McCain wasn't a member of Falwell's church or Hagee's. Obama was mentored by Wright.

Forum List

Back