Lieberman Petition

The party of acceptance and tolerance is not very tolerant or accepting...

Lieberman votes very DEM most of the time.... but has a strong, old school belief on national security and the military... and the extreme liberal whackos like Reid want to excommunicate him... and idiots like bobo the clown defend this action...

pitiful

Moderates like Lieberman should be praised... I may not agree with a lot of his stances, but he is truly a person looking across the spectrum and not just hard-line party politics...

Joseph Lieberman on the Issues

Lieberman Says War Vote Could Prompt Party Switch

By: Carrie Budoff Brown
Feb 22, 2007 02:33 PM EST
Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman of Connecticut told the Politico on Thursday that he has no immediate plans to switch parties but suggested that Democratic opposition to funding the war in Iraq might change his mind.
Lieberman, a self-styled independent who caucuses with the Democrats, has been among the strongest supporters of the war and President Bush’s plan to send an additional 21,500 combat troops into Iraq to help quell the violence there.
"I have no desire to change parties," Lieberman said in a telephone interview. "If that ever happens, it is because I feel the majority of Democrats have gone in a direction that I don't feel comfortable with."
Asked whether that hasn't already happened with Iraq, Lieberman said: "We will see how that plays out in the coming months," specifically how the party approaches the issue of continued funding for the war.
He suggested, however, that the forthcoming showdown over new funding could be a deciding factor that would lure him to the Republican Party.
"I hope we don't get to that point," Lieberman said. "That's about all I will say on it today. That would hurt."
Republicans have long targeted Lieberman to switch – a move that would give them control of the Senate. And Time magazine is set to report Friday that there is a “remote” chance Lieberman would join the GOP.
Lieberman Says War Vote Could Prompt Party Switch - Carrie Budoff Brown - Politico.com

Oh we'll work with you, on solving problems. Not carrying on ideological wars that only neo con's and Israeli's want.

We'll work with you on how we get out of the mess the GOP got us in. One mess is Iraq. And no we can't just up and leave.

We can work with you on ending the fact that WE are paying for Iraq reconstruction. Why are WE paying?

I'll tell you why.

The oil goes to Iraq and some of it goes to the oil companies. If the oil pays for reconstruction or security, then that would mean less profit for the rich in America and Iraq.

So they keep funding the venture with American tax payers dollars. That's over with. And no Republican would discuss this for the last 6 years. Mother fuckers.

Socialize the losses and privatize the profits.

No bid buddy defense contracts.

Haloburton and Blackwater got rich, so did Chaney. Then moved their HQ's to Dubai??

It must all be too much for your tiny brains to put together.

that pretty much translates to your way or the highway.. I never believe the "we want to work with you bs from the gitgo"

Lieberman's got no where to go.

Let him tag along for the ride if he wants. He doesn't deserve a prime committee chairmanship, they should strip him of that. Chairmanships are a perk, he's done nothing to earn it. Sit him on the back bench, and let him tag along if he wants. What's the point of kicking him out of the caucus? Let him make that decision himself.

If the Dems get 59 seats in the Senate, Lieberman will be their firewall to prevent a fillibuster by the Repubs. I think they should be a little nicer to Lieberman.

lol, guy goes with the dems on every fucking issue, but he stands up for what he believes in on one and only issue national security and you guys throw him out.

what a waste of life Reid is

If Lieberman hadn't had his head up McCain's butt and spoke at the repub convention, he'd still have his committee. He needs to be out. How dare he expect to keep his power.

Talking at the other guy's convention isn't BIPARTISAN and if any REPUB had done it, they'd have been tossed on their butts so fast their teeth would have been shaking.

Where's Lincoln Chafee these days? Chuck Hegel?

Oh yeah...right. They got booted by the repubs.

And, of course, your judgment on what would be good for democrats is so credible.

And ... guess what.. the repubs lost. Lieberman backed the wrong horse because he wanted to be secretary of state.

Why is it that the rabid rightwingnuts always get irate when democrats don't pander to THEM?

RAFLMAO!

If Lieberman hadn't had his head up McCain's butt and spoke at the repub convention, he'd still have his committee. He needs to be out. How dare he expect to keep his power.

Talking at the other guy's convention isn't BIPARTISAN and if any REPUB had done it, they'd have been tossed on their butts so fast their teeth would have been shaking.

And, of course, your judgment on what would be good for democrats is so credible.

And ... guess what.. the repubs lost. Lieberman backed the wrong horse because he wanted to be secretary of state.

Why is it that the rabid rightwingnuts always get irate when democrats don't pander to THEM?

RAFLMAO!

DeLay was known to "primary" Republicans who resisted his votes (i.e., to threaten to endorse and to support a Republican primary challenge to the disobedient representative),[20] and, like many of his predecessors in Congress, used promises of future committee chairmanships to bargain for support among the rank-and-file members of the party.[citation needed]

Tom DeLay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RAFLMAO!

lincoln chafee got the boot from the voters of RI, plain and simple, despite the repubs pouring a ton of dough into his campaign.

The Republican primary was contentious. Laffey ran as a conservative, but he came under fire from other conservatives for supporting tax increases as Mayor and increasing spending. It was widely believed that the more liberal Chafee would have an easier time winning in the general election due to his appeal to independents.[citation needed] Laffey received support from the conservative Club for Growth. Although he was the most liberal Republican in the Senate and was repeatedly accused of being a RINO by members of his own party, the NRSC spent a large amount of money backing Chafee, and, in an unprecedented move, announced that they would abandon the race if Laffey won. Chafee prevailed in the September 12 primary 54%-46%, and Laffey endorsed him for re-election. Chafee, however, may have been damaged by the contentious primary that potentially alienated Republican voters.

United States Senate elections, 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

chuck hagel decided to retire- how is that giving him the boot?

i disagree with lieberman on a lot of issues, not just iraq, but i have to say i admire the man for being true to himself and what he believes in.

joe's gonna be around another 4 years at least. i'd think long and hard about giving him the boot, especially if the dems want to achieve a super majority in the senate.

lincoln chafee got the boot from the voters of RI, plain and simple, despite the repubs pouring a ton of dough into his campaign.

The Republican primary was contentious. Laffey ran as a conservative, but he came under fire from other conservatives for supporting tax increases as Mayor and increasing spending. It was widely believed that the more liberal Chafee would have an easier time winning in the general election due to his appeal to independents.[citation needed] Laffey received support from the conservative Club for Growth. Although he was the most liberal Republican in the Senate and was repeatedly accused of being a RINO by members of his own party, the NRSC spent a large amount of money backing Chafee, and, in an unprecedented move, announced that they would abandon the race if Laffey won. Chafee prevailed in the September 12 primary 54%-46%, and Laffey endorsed him for re-election. Chafee, however, may have been damaged by the contentious primary that potentially alienated Republican voters.

United States Senate elections, 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

chuck hagel decided to retire- how is that giving him the boot?

i disagree with lieberman on a lot of issues, not just iraq, but i have to say i admire the man for being true to himself and what he believes in.

joe's gonna be around another 4 years at least. i'd think long and hard about giving him the boot, especially if the dems want to achieve a super majority in the senate.

no.. the repub right ran around calling chafee a RINO. Hegel retired because he wasn't in line with the party and they called him a RINO too. So he had enough. He certainly didn't get the support of the party.

I admire people for standing up for their convictions. Joe was proven wrong on Iraq in every possible way. But that isn't why he lost his chairmanship. He couldn't be rewarded for his speech at the repub convention. That was disgusting. You don't run against your own party. Again, he is perceived by dems as being a whore who thought he backed the right horse for president and would be the next sec'y of state.

And understand I say this with terrible regret. Joe Lieberman came closer to the white house than any jew ever in history. It breaks my heart that he's ruined the pride I felt in that.

Lieberman Says War Vote Could Prompt Party Switch

By: Carrie Budoff Brown
Feb 22, 2007 02:33 PM EST
Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman of Connecticut told the Politico on Thursday that he has no immediate plans to switch parties but suggested that Democratic opposition to funding the war in Iraq might change his mind.
Lieberman, a self-styled independent who caucuses with the Democrats, has been among the strongest supporters of the war and President Bush’s plan to send an additional 21,500 combat troops into Iraq to help quell the violence there.
"I have no desire to change parties," Lieberman said in a telephone interview. "If that ever happens, it is because I feel the majority of Democrats have gone in a direction that I don't feel comfortable with."
Asked whether that hasn't already happened with Iraq, Lieberman said: "We will see how that plays out in the coming months," specifically how the party approaches the issue of continued funding for the war.
He suggested, however, that the forthcoming showdown over new funding could be a deciding factor that would lure him to the Republican Party.
"I hope we don't get to that point," Lieberman said. "That's about all I will say on it today. That would hurt."
Republicans have long targeted Lieberman to switch – a move that would give them control of the Senate. And Time magazine is set to report Friday that there is a “remote” chance Lieberman would join the GOP.
Lieberman Says War Vote Could Prompt Party Switch - Carrie Budoff Brown - Politico.com

1) He has no plans
2) Of course the REPs would want to add to their ranks
3) It stil does not take away from the fact that he does support DEM causes in votes a vast majority of the time...

He is a moderate DEM.... unfortunately a dying breed... too few of them left... not beholden to the far left as the majority of DEMs have become... it does not mean he is not a traditional DEM supporter and it does not mean he should be stripped of his position because he does not walk the extremist left line

no.. the repub right ran around calling chafee a RINO. Hegel retired because he wasn't in line with the party and they called him a RINO too. So he had enough. He certainly didn't get the support of the party.

I admire people for standing up for their convictions. Joe was proven wrong on Iraq in every possible way. But that isn't why he lost his chairmanship. He couldn't be rewarded for his speech at the repub convention. That was disgusting. You don't run against your own party. Again, he is perceived by dems as being a whore who thought he backed the right horse for president and would be the next sec'y of state.

And understand I say this with terrible regret. Joe Lieberman came closer to the white house than any jew ever in history. It breaks my heart that he's ruined the pride I felt in that.

and the republican party poured money into Chafee's campaign anyway. they wanted to keep the seat. the voters booted him. you can spin it as the evil repubs taking payback on him if you want, but i would say you're not even coming close to looking at it objectively.

hegel is extremely popular in his home state, like lieberman, and i'm sure if he wanted another term he would run again. imputing his retirement to pressure from national republican interests is a little bit of a stretch, IMO.

Gee I guess a real bipartisan pol isn't welcome in a Dimocratic world.

And the elephant you rode in on.

Bipartisan does not include smearing a presidential candidate. Liberman lost his Dem election and then decided to become an independent.

Keep up the cheap shit shots it if makes you feel better after losing.

Gee, I guess Bush was a real bipartisan person?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

we losers are on yer side. We think Lieberman has to go. No more Democrat for Lieberman. He dosen't deserve it. Kick his unloyal ass to the curb.

Well, I can go with getting rid of Lieberman but only because I can't stand to hear him talk...he whines. It actually hurts to listen to him. However, he was duly elected and unless he's commited a crime, he deserves the respect of his fellow leaders. If his state wants to get rid of, they can vote him out next time.

lol I wonder if the dems and Jill would be having their daily period if they had 60 seats an dthey needed Liebermen. But since they don't need him true colors show an dthey want to boot him.

Once again, he goes with the dems on basically every fucking issue other then the war.

God forbid he had his own opinion and didn't agree with every fucking thing your party says.

Bipartisan does not include smearing a presidential candidate. Liberman lost his Dem election and then decided to become an independent.

Bi-partisanship is all the crap you hear before elections from both parties. They never actually do it. Take a look at your Mr. Unity and Change right now.
One of these days you'll realize that both parties play the same games.

1) He has no plans
2) Of course the REPs would want to add to their ranks
3) It stil does not take away from the fact that he does support DEM causes in votes a vast majority of the time...

He is a moderate DEM.... unfortunately a dying breed... too few of them left... not beholden to the far left as the majority of DEMs have become... it does not mean he is not a traditional DEM supporter and it does not mean he should be stripped of his position because he does not walk the extremist left line

The only thing dying/dead is the Republican party. Lieberman is dead. A dionausaur.

extremely popular in his home state, like lieberman, , IMO.

Lieberman is not popular". The republican voters of Connecticut voted for him because they knew their guy wasn't going to win and they didn't want the democrat running against lieberman to win.

The Democrats voted him out and the SOB ran as an independent.

Revisionist history.

Bi-partisanship is all the crap you hear before elections from both parties. They never actually do it. Take a look at your Mr. Unity and Change right now.
One of these days you'll realize that both parties play the same games.

Well we know that for people like you, one of these days never seems to come. Because you said, "you'll see, Clinton will spend just as much as HW and Reagan did and he'll crash the economy and he's too far left"

And even though you get tons of proof that you were dead wrong on everything, admission never seems to come.

You just avoid and start up a new wedge issue.

Why is it Republicans are always controlling the conversation?

Lieberman is not popular". The republican voters of Connecticut voted for him because they knew their guy wasn't going to win and they didn't want the democrat running against lieberman to win.

The Democrats voted him out and the SOB ran as an independent.

Revisionist history.

The extremists on the left voted for the extremist... Lieberman's more moderate and traditional DEM platform won him the general election because that appeals to many REPs AND many DEMs... unlike what the extremist DEM did

Give the guy his credit... I say that even though I know your uber-liberal ass will do no such thing

I've never supported GW...ever. so I don't care what anyone thinks. And the elephant remark doesn't work as I am not a republican.

Personally, i applaud anyone who goes the independent route. We need more of them not less. Or I suppose you want a bunch of mindless pols too gutless to speak up and do the right thing. Well the bail out should have made you happy because that's just what you got.

Forum List

Back