Libs to Collins, vote no on Kavanaugh , or else

It seems the liberals have stooped to a new low. They are threatening to give Collin's opponent over 800,000 in campaign contributions if she gives a thumbs up to Kavanaugh. If she votes no they won't give the money to her opponent .

In mid-August, liberal activists started a crowdfunding campaign that aimed to raise $500,000 for Collins’s Democratic challenger in 2020 — a sum that it pledged to return to donors if the incumbent Republican votes “no” on Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination.
Liberal Group Crowdfunds $875,000 for Susan Collins’s Next Challenger

if she votes for him, then she is out in 2020. Ha Ha.
Is she?
No.

And this is different from normal politics...how?

Are you really stupid enough to believe this isn't the norm in politics on both sides?

The WHOLE POINT of political donations is to SUPPORT candidates with LOTS AND LOTS OF CASH who are on your side. To GIVE MONEY to people who will DEFEAT your opponents.

You can donate to a campaign in general terms. You can lobby them to see issues your way. You cannot say if you vote this way I will pay you X dollars.

Nor is that what's described here.

Wow. You tards have never heard of single issue voters? Really?

Does "NRA" ring a bell?

Hell, there are MILLIONS of abortion single issue voters.

Try to keep up idiot. This is a group paying money for a specific vote, it has a name, vote buying. Been illegal in the US almost from day one.

?

People throw their money at this candidate or that one all the time. And often because of how they voted while they were in there?

So what?

I think Collins wants to be governor anyway.
No, she decided to stay in the Senate. The governor's race is this year.

One of the very first things I try to determine about a politician running for office for the first time is their view on abortion. If they are pro-abortion, they lose a lot of points with me. If a pro-lifer is running against them, I will throw my money and my vote their way.

So how is pro-abortionists doing the exact same thing any different?

Christ, the stupidity level is skyrocketing the closer we get to the election. No wonder Trump and Clinton were the nominees.

Wow. You tards have never heard of single issue voters? Really?

Does "NRA" ring a bell?

Hell, there are MILLIONS of abortion single issue voters.

Try to keep up idiot. This is a group paying money for a specific vote, it has a name, vote buying. Been illegal in the US almost from day one.
It's not vote buying, dumbass. It's supporting a candidate who will defeat your opponent.

Vote buying is when a politician or political group pays voters to vote for the candidate.

Your ignorance is massive. This is how your propagandists are able to exploit you so successfully.

I am simply astonished at how stupid this topic is. The retards somehow manage to surprise me every single time their stupidity achieves a new low.

I shouldn't be surprised any more, but I guess my faith in humanity keeps tricking me.

One of the very first things I try to determine about a politician running for office for the first time is their view on abortion. If they are pro-abortion, they lose a lot of points with me. If a pro-lifer is running against them, I will throw my money and my vote their way.

So how is pro-abortionists doing the exact same thing any different?

Christ, the stupidity level is skyrocketing the closer we get to the election. No wonder Trump and Clinton were the nominees.

Did you call up the candidate and tell them you were only going to give the money, if they voted for keeping abortions? The deflection and spin are amusing.

This is the wonderful thing about the freedom of association in our Constitution. The ability of the little people to band together against the powerful to achieve an end. We all benefit from this right, and this group is simply exercising that right.

And we have retards actually whining about the exercising of it. Just because it is being used to the advantage of their political opponents. And they are acting as if this is some fucking unprecedented thing, and not something which occurs every single fucking day since our founding!

Even worse, they believe this RIGHT is a CRIME!!!

Jesus Christ, spare us from any more of this stupidity.

I am simply astonished at how stupid this topic is. The retards somehow manage to surprise me every single time their stupidity achieves a new low.

I shouldn't be surprised any more, but I guess my faith in humanity keeps tricking me.

Yeah you should move to communist China or someplace you will be happier.

This is the wonderful thing about the freedom of association in our Constitution. The ability of the little people to band together against the powerful to achieve an end. We all benefit from this right, and this group is simply exercising that right.

And we have retards actually whining about the exercising of it. Just because it is being used to the advantage of their political opponents. And they are acting as if this is some fucking unprecedented thing, and not something which occurs every single fucking day since our founding!

Jesus Christ, spare us from any more of this stupidity.

You seem tense and worried.

The pro-abortionists are exercising the right of association (collectively pooling their cash) and freedom of speech ("We will support your opponent with our cash") and the dumb fucks here have been told by their propagandists that these freedoms are a crime.

Un-fucking-believable.

Forum List

Back