Libertarians Are The True Political Moderates

LOL, achieving liberalism through authoritarian leftism is "moderate." Sure it is.

And again you show your utter sell out to government that government is the ONLY solution. Period. You can conceive of nothing else ever. If government doesn't do it, then it won't get done by anyone. We can't do anything on our own, we can't help each other. It's government, period. That's the limit of your world.
Also utter nonsense, but entirely expected. It's why I didn't bother with you. You need to be rational first and that will be a while, obviously.

Small government libertarians believe people should first help themselves, then go to their families, friends, community, churches and charities. Then go to government.

You believe government is the one and only solution.

The extremist is clearly you.

I'll bet you right now you can't produce one post of PMH's that shows he believes government is the one and only solution. Which means you're either lying or you're ignorant. Or both.

Dealing with Reality is moderate. Most Americans would like it if their elected officials did only that but promising to do that doesn't win elections.

LOL, liberals are dealing with reality. That's just so naive it's sad.

Libertarians have spent decades trying to sell an agenda that rarely gets double digit support any time the voters get to vote on it,

if you want to talk about naive and out of touch with reality.

Again

Dr Ron Paul was not a miracle worker. He can not deprogram Americans during an political campaign

Every politically controlled educational system will inculcate the doctrine of state supremacy sooner or later. . . . Once that doctrine has been accepted, it becomes an almost superhuman task to break the stranglehold of the political power over the life of the citizen. It has had his body, property and mind in its clutches from infancy. An octopus would sooner release its prey. A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state.

–Isabel Paterson, The God of the Machine (1943)

Dealing with Reality is moderate. Most Americans would like it if their elected officials did only that but promising to do that doesn't win elections.

People get sick, old, and die is reality. Capitalism works great but has issues is reality. America needs security but isn't the world's policeman is reality. Carry on...

And government is the only solution to that which you can contemplate. That is the first, last and only solution to you. Again, the extremist is in your mirror.

Also utter nonsense, but entirely expected. It's why I didn't bother with you. You need to be rational first and that will be a while, obviously.

Small government libertarians believe people should first help themselves, then go to their families, friends, community, churches and charities. Then go to government.

I'll bet you right now you can't produce one post of PMH's that shows he believes government is the one and only solution. Which means you're either lying or you're ignorant. Or both.
I use what works but he's clueless, like nearly all here.

If I believed that then I would be. Since I don't, let's mush on...

Yes, you contradict yourself so often obviously you don't believe a lot of the crap you post, but I can only go by what you're posting in this discussion, which is that government is the only solution and if government doesn't do it then it isn't done.

Actually, I specifically said I am referring to small government libertarians, not anarchists who call themselves "libertarians." Did you read the OP?

can you distinguish "small government libertarians" from others? I am referring to the internet variety of narco libertarians seen. They are among the most radical political movements out there. Which is why their standard bearer, Ron Paul, never won an election outside of his district.

Sure. Here's the OP post which is exactly that question.

Libertarians want government limited to those functions which only government can do. Most of us would generally agree with police, military, civil and criminal courts, roads, management of limited resources and recognition of property rights. I am not referring to anarchists who want no government here who like calling themselves libertarians, I am referring to the masses of us who want government limited, not eliminated.

Fiscal polices. We want taxes, but we want them low, flat and for the good of the people as a whole and not used for income redistribution. The left are the extremists here not only punishing success and harming employers, but even using tax COLLECTION as a welfare program with refundable tax credits. We are moderates, taxes should be reasonable and to fund the government, not implement social policy. And spending should be within our means.

Social policies. Socons go to church (or other religious institutions) then go to government to implement morality by force. Clearly they are the extremists. Libertarians believe they should have the right to persuade people to live moral lives, they should not have the right to force their morality on them. We are, the moderates.

NeoCons. We want the military used for the defense of the United States. We don't want to be policeman to the world like the right, we also don't blame our troops for the failures of our politicians like the left. And we don't want them in everyone's back yard, like both sides do. We are moderates, protect and defend, don't use force to make other's decisions just like we don't want government making our decisions here.

Republicans and Democrats are just so deep into the question of what government can do to impose their social and fiscal wills on us, they have stopped even asking the question, should government even do that? Do we have the right to make that choice for everyone and use force to impose it on all our citizens? Libertarians are the moderates, that is the first question we ask, that is the right question to answer before proceeding any further.

Do narco-libertarians support ending the Federal Reserve, in existence since 1912?
Do narco-libertarians support withdrawing US forces from around the world, where we have stationed troops and intervened for nearly 200 years?
Do narco-libertarians support ending all government prohibition on private conduct, which has been the law in states and municipalities since before the Declaration of Independence?

The answer to all these is yes. That is the essence of a radical agenda.

People get sick, old, and die is reality. Capitalism works great but has issues is reality. America needs security but isn't the world's policeman is reality. Carry on...

And government is the only solution to that which you can contemplate. That is the first, last and only solution to you. Again, the extremist is in your mirror.
A Rush Limbaugh drone, and I'm probably giving you too much credit.

Yes, you contradict yourself so often obviously you don't believe a lot of the crap you post, but I can only go by what you're posting in this discussion, which is that government is the only solution and if government doesn't do it then it isn't done.

Since I never said anything of the kind, what you are going by is what you made up in your tiny mind...

I use what works but he's clueless, like nearly all here.

Here you go.

That's because the Libertarian message boils down to "You're on your own and I don't give a fuck"

Libertarians by not supporting government as the first solution don't think anyone will ever do anything. Exactly as I said you said.

I don't see NYCarbineers posts because I have him on ignore. He is the only poster on any message board I post on who is on ignore, and he will be until he stops putting words in my mouth and saying, "oh, you're saying" and then making up a bunch of ridiculous shit that no would could possibly think that what I said meant that. Obviously I don't put people on ignore for being liberal moon bats.

Since I never said anything of the kind, what you are going by is what you made up in your tiny mind...

And of course you lie. Two posts up you implied exactly what Kaz wrote.

Well it is more of a T R O L L than anything else. It loves to entertain itself.

Then again when the far left members of this board will defend it, that should tell you more than words it posts.

You think Rush is a libertarian? Seriously? You're truly an idiot.

I have him on ignore. I ignore people who consistently post crap that isnt true and when called on it deflect by posting more crap that isnt true.

Do narco-libertarians support ending the Federal Reserve, in existence since 1912?
Do narco-libertarians support withdrawing US forces from around the world, where we have stationed troops and intervened for nearly 200 years?
Do narco-libertarians support ending all government prohibition on private conduct, which has been the law in states and municipalities since before the Declaration of Independence?

Do narco-libertarians have anything to do with this thread? Well, according to the OP, no, they don't. This thread is about small government libertarianism, not anarchy. Small government libertarians are the vast majority of libertarians.

As for small government libertarians, the Fed is evil, it's an institution to steal from the American people. Anyone who supports the Fed is either not a conservative at all or is just ignorant about what it does. Small government libertarians do support limiting the military, but no, not eliminating it, again that's anarchists. And "personal conduct" is way too broad, I don't know what that means.

Last edited:

Do narco-libertarians have anything to do with this thread? Well, according to the OP, no, they don't. This thread is about small government libertarianism, not anarchy. Small government libertarians are the vast majority of libertarians.

So I asked you to distinguish them. You haven't.
My questions stand.

I don't see NYCarbineers posts because I have him on ignore. He is the only poster on any message board I post on who is on ignore, and he will be until he stops putting words in my mouth and saying, "oh, you're saying" and then making up a bunch of ridiculous shit that no would could possibly think that what I said meant that. Obviously I don't put people on ignore for being liberal moon bats.
Well you're plenty good at making up my words for me little buddy. My actual words you can't be bothered with, they don't fit your agenda.

And the Ignore button is for pussies BTW.

Last edited:

I think that you are so busy listening to other people you haven't been bothered to learn what you think, or anyone else for that matter.

Well you're plenty good at making up my words for me little buddy. My actual words you can't be bothered with, they don't fit your agenda.

You wont stand behind anything you write. How can someone take that seriously?

And of course you lie. Two posts up you implied exactly what Kaz wrote.

Actually I didn't imply anything of the kind. You two just make bad assumptions because you can't be bothered to ask actual questions. Just partisan trolls at work.

You wont stand behind anything you write. How can someone take that seriously?
I stand behind everything I write, everything. What I don't stand behind is what you believe I said, which is nearly always wrong.

Forum List

Back