Libertarians are right.

As a libertarian, if I were in a position of need, I would rather rely on the generosity and support of my church, community, family, charities and people I know who are not being looted by government than government looting them and supporting me.

I'm agnostic so I feel funny asking a church for help.
My friends are all dead or in jail or belong in jail, I had a rough childhood.
I have no wife, no kids to support me, just nephews who need to move on with their lives and not allow me to anchor them with past debt.

You don't want to in the in likely event burden them with the debt of helping you so you burden them now with the ongoing debt of funding government? Remind me not to ask you for any favors..

Say what? That was Palin-like.

The OP misunderstands.

Every single Libertarian is an industrious, ambitious citizen. Libertarians cannot identify with anyone who struggles in this land.....the greatest of all lands. If you can't make it here, pal, you are worthless scum. The world has passed you by...and rightfully so.

The good news......if you can scrape up enough for an eight-ball and overdose......you'll have been validated.

Strawmen make such convincing arguments. But then you aren't arguing, you're masturbating.

The OP misunderstands.

Every single Libertarian is an industrious, ambitious citizen. Libertarians cannot identify with anyone who struggles in this land.....the greatest of all lands. If you can't make it here, pal, you are worthless scum. The world has passed you by...and rightfully so.

The good news......if you can scrape up enough for an eight-ball and overdose......you'll have been validated.

???

Do you actually know any Libertarians? Have you ever actually had a conversation with one in r/l?

Hmmmmmm. My brother is a Libertarian.

Are the libertarians that I meet here not representative of Libertarians in general? Very odd question, D....

I'm agnostic so I feel funny asking a church for help.
My friends are all dead or in jail or belong in jail, I had a rough childhood.
I have no wife, no kids to support me, just nephews who need to move on with their lives and not allow me to anchor them with past debt.

You don't want to in the in likely event burden them with the debt of helping you so you burden them now with the ongoing debt of funding government? Remind me not to ask you for any favors..

I have no idea if she said that or not. You sure are obsessed with her. She is pretty hot, I feel you, but frankly letting people know if Palin has ever said what they just posted or not is kinda creepy.

The OP misunderstands.

Strawmen make such convincing arguments. But then you aren't arguing, you're masturbating.

I know.....I know. I'm stupid and that's why you can't get 20% of the vote in any national election. It must be a "me" problem.

I think you should take a poll here. Find out who at the USMB considers themselves to be a "Libertarian". Then....study the results. Finally...ask yourself if you wish to be grouped together with most of these people.

Please...........do it for me.

I have no idea if she said that or not. You sure are obsessed with her. She is pretty hot, I feel you, but frankly letting people know if Palin has ever said what they just posted or not is kinda creepy.

No, dummy. I meant it was word salad. Incomprehensible. Gibberish.

The OP misunderstands.

I know.....I know. I'm stupid and that's why you can't get 20% of the vote in any national election. It must be a "me" problem.

I think you should take a poll here. Find out who at the USMB considers themselves to be a "Libertarian". Then....study the results. Finally...ask yourself if you wish to be grouped together with most of these people.

according to Libertarian Party | Maximum Freedom, Minimum Government I'm a slightly left Libertarian.

The OP misunderstands.

???

Do you actually know any Libertarians? Have you ever actually had a conversation with one in r/l?

Hmmmmmm. My brother is a Libertarian.

Are the libertarians that I meet here not representative of Libertarians in general? Very odd question, D....

The funny thing is, stereotypes to the contrary, most successful people aren't Libertarians. And most Libertarians aren't rich. Successful people are pretty content with the system as it is because, rather obviously, it's treated them well. They've learned to navigate bureaucratic regulatory structures, and work the decidedly "unfree" market to their advantage.

The sad fact is, Libertarians are (sorry guys, just putting out the hard truth here....) far more likely to be the curmudgeonly malcontents who never figured out how to play the game. In other words, they're more likely to be the guy living in his parent's basement than the CEO at a large corporation.

We don't need to shoot them to keep them out. Simply lobbing sleeping gas at them would suffice. Put them in a deportation camp accordingly to their home country. Ship them to the capitol of their home country.

End of story.

However ending the War on Drugs and the Welfare State would also halt their illegal entry, but neither of those will be done in this politically polarized climate, because you would need a Libertarian elected Government to do either.

...the right to due process, the rule of law, and the Constitution be damned.

Ya know what? Just stop it.
For you to trot out the US Constitution when it is politically convenient does not wash here.
Or for that matter, anywhere else.

This is the same premise as in drug crimes. If the marketplace for illegal drugs ( users) is reduced, the suppliers will find other places to sell their poison.
If in this country we stopped coddling drug users, as in if they are caught, put them to good use doing community service, they won't have time to put that shit into their bodies.
The sellers will go away.
Well, if this country would simply refuse any and all benefits to those who cross into the US illegally, the tide of illegals would stop, No jobs, no welfare, no goodies, no illegals.
Start by passing laws that include prison time for those who hire undocumented people.
As a trade off, if illegals do decide to take the risk and stay. offer them some kind of work documentation with official ID so they can be tracked and monitored. Make sure they pay their taxes. Let them become part of the system of which they wish to take advantage.

Isnt due process something citizens get? What due process did Wehrmacht soldiers get before we incarcerated them?
You are ignorant.

As for the OP, s/he is of the opinion that if government doesnt provide it, it wont happen. That is against the experience in this country of about 250 years, until FDR.

People are selfish, they give only a small fraction of what they should.

"What they should"....
An example of subjective reasoning. Ok, WHO gets to determine "what they should"?
YOU?.....
I find it remarkable how a day does not go buy when someone does not point their finger at others and say " you're not doing enough"....
Hey sunshine, try looking in the mirror. Then point your finger.
Don't you dare be so presumptuous as to tell others "what they should".....

The OP misunderstands.

Well, I know you're a liberal, that's one strike for them. BTW, I don't think what I think because of who thinks it like you do, I think it because it's logical. Liberalism says you can trust government, libertarianism says you can trust yourself. That's an easy choice, I trust myself.

I do find your argument that to be intelligent you have to agree with most of the people. Would that not mean by definition since you agree with most people you are average at best? I mean low intelligence people would agree with you if you are average because you are smarter than they are. But intelligent people would not think you are intelligent. We do not think wow, loanlaugher is average, I want to be like him...

Last edited:

No, dummy. I meant it was word salad. Incomprehensible. Gibberish.

Ah, you can't read. I understand now. You can't write either. I'd put $100 on Palin in an intelligence test versus you any day of the week.

I don't think what I think because of who thinks it like you do, I think it because it's logical.

sounds Rumsfeld-ish

according to Libertarian Party | Maximum Freedom, Minimum Government I'm a slightly left Libertarian.

I was libertarian, no surprise. I'm not big on the Libertarian party though. They demonstrate my view that being part of a political party and being libertarian are at odds. They are far more libertarian than the two main parties, but they are frequently more party than libertarian. And unfortunately not the fun kind of party, they political one.

We don't need to shoot them to keep them out. Simply lobbing sleeping gas at them would suffice. Put them in a deportation camp accordingly to their home country. Ship them to the capitol of their home country.

End of story.

However ending the War on Drugs and the Welfare State would also halt their illegal entry, but neither of those will be done in this politically polarized climate, because you would need a Libertarian elected Government to do either.

Isnt due process something citizens get? What due process did Wehrmacht soldiers get before we incarcerated them?

:lol:

You conflated POWs with illegal aliens. Priceless!

By the way, the POWs were processed under the Geneva Conventions.

You are ignorant.

Irony!

We can't afford to give all these handouts that we give American citizens to everyone who wants to become an American citizen. Sealing the border is unworkable unless we are willing to shoot to kill to keep them out. Maybe the only alternative is to get rid of all government handouts so that the temptation to come to America would be removed.

Logically the Libertarians would be correct and I would be parroting their talking points incessantly if I had a decent job and my family was well provided for. The problem is in a Libertarian world it would be me and my family out in the streets dying of starvation. It would be my sister dying of Hepatitis due to lack of health care. It would be my mother unable to live on her retirement of about 900 a month. It would be my family that would have to suffer.

But, truthfully, if it wasn't me and mine who would pay for it I would agree wholeheartedly with the Libertarian philosophy.

This entire post is based on the Fox News/Breitbart/Daily Caller/RWEC* premise that immigrants come here because of government handouts.

*Right Wing Echo Chamber

Last edited:

Forum List

Back