Libertarians are right.

Slyhunter

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2014
Florida
We can't afford to give all these handouts that we give American citizens to everyone who wants to become an American citizen. Sealing the border is unworkable unless we are willing to shoot to kill to keep them out. Maybe the only alternative is to get rid of all government handouts so that the temptation to come to America would be removed.

Logically the Libertarians would be correct and I would be parroting their talking points incessantly if I had a decent job and my family was well provided for. The problem is in a Libertarian world it would be me and my family out in the streets dying of starvation. It would be my sister dying of Hepatitis due to lack of health care. It would be my mother unable to live on her retirement of about 900 a month. It would be my family that would have to suffer.

But, truthfully, if it wasn't me and mine who would pay for it I would agree wholeheartedly with the Libertarian philosophy.

We don't need to shoot them to keep them out. Simply lobbing sleeping gas at them would suffice. Put them in a deportation camp accordingly to their home country. Ship them to the capitol of their home country.

End of story.

However ending the War on Drugs and the Welfare State would also halt their illegal entry, but neither of those will be done in this politically polarized climate, because you would need a Libertarian elected Government to do either.

Last edited:
We don't need to shoot them to keep them out. Simply lobbing sleeping gas at them would suffice. Put them in a deportation camp accordingly to their home country. Ship them to the capitol of their home country.

End of story.

However ending the War on Drugs and the Welfare State would also halt their illegal entry, but neither of those will be done in this politically polarized climate, because you would need a Libertarian elected Government to do either.

...the right to due process, the rule of law, and the Constitution be damned.

We can't afford to give all these handouts that we give American citizens to everyone who wants to become an American citizen. Sealing the border is unworkable unless we are willing to shoot to kill to keep them out. Maybe the only alternative is to get rid of all government handouts so that the temptation to come to America would be removed.

Logically the Libertarians would be correct and I would be parroting their talking points incessantly if I had a decent job and my family was well provided for. The problem is in a Libertarian world it would be me and my family out in the streets dying of starvation. It would be my sister dying of Hepatitis due to lack of health care. It would be my mother unable to live on her retirement of about 900 a month. It would be my family that would have to suffer.

But, truthfully, if it wasn't me and mine who would pay for it I would agree wholeheartedly with the Libertarian philosophy.

But truthfully, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Another ignoramus who doesn't know shit about Libertarianism. Amazing how many of you who have nothing to do with the party or the politics are such experts on it.

End of story.

They are foreign invaders.

Another ignoramus who doesn't know shit about Libertarianism. Amazing how many of you who have nothing to do with the party or the politics are such experts on it.
Do they not want to get rid of all government handouts, the minimum wage, and open the border to anyone who wants a job here.

How do you pay rent if the only job you can get is like 5 bucks an hour? Or even less.

End of story.

Liberals are very selective on when they care about the Rule of Law:

Against RWers: All the time.
Against LWers: Not so much.

End of story.

Isnt due process something citizens get? What due process did Wehrmacht soldiers get before we incarcerated them?
You are ignorant.

As for the OP, s/he is of the opinion that if government doesnt provide it, it wont happen. That is against the experience in this country of about 250 years, until FDR.

End of story.

Isnt due process something citizens get? What due process did Wehrmacht soldiers get before we incarcerated them?
You are ignorant.

As for the OP, s/he is of the opinion that if government doesnt provide it, it wont happen. That is against the experience in this country of about 250 years, until FDR.

People are selfish, they give only a small fraction of what they should.

You are ignorant.

People are selfish, they give only a small fraction of what they should.

Speak for yourself.
In the 19th century there was a huge outpouring of charity. Libraries, hospitals, orphanages, homes, etc etc etc all came about due to private charity. Then came government.

As a libertarian, if I were in a position of need, I would rather rely on the generosity and support of my church, community, family, charities and people I know who are not being looted by government than government looting them and supporting me.

As a libertarian, if I were in a position of need, I would rather rely on the generosity and support of my church, community, family, charities and people I know who are not being looted by government than government looting them and supporting me.

I'm agnostic so I feel funny asking a church for help.
My friends are all dead or in jail or belong in jail, I had a rough childhood.
I have no wife, no kids to support me, just nephews who need to move on with their lives and not allow me to anchor them with past debt.

in other words, hold out BOTH hands.

in other words, hold out BOTH hands.

:cuckoo:

The OP misunderstands.

Every single Libertarian is an industrious, ambitious citizen. Libertarians cannot identify with anyone who struggles in this land.....the greatest of all lands. If you can't make it here, pal, you are worthless scum. The world has passed you by...and rightfully so.

The good news......if you can scrape up enough for an eight-ball and overdose......you'll have been validated.

I'm agnostic so I feel funny asking a church for help.
My friends are all dead or in jail or belong in jail, I had a rough childhood.
I have no wife, no kids to support me, just nephews who need to move on with their lives and not allow me to anchor them with past debt.

You don't want to in the in likely event burden them with the debt of helping you so you burden them now with the certainty the ongoing debt of funding government helping everyone based on arbitrary standards with massive waste and disincentive to working? Remind me not to ask you for any favors...

Last edited:
The OP misunderstands.

Every single Libertarian is an industrious, ambitious citizen. Libertarians cannot identify with anyone who struggles in this land.....the greatest of all lands. If you can't make it here, pal, you are worthless scum. The world has passed you by...and rightfully so.

The good news......if you can scrape up enough for an eight-ball and overdose......you'll have been validated.

???

Do you actually know any Libertarians? Have you ever actually had a conversation with one in r/l?

Forum List

Back