Libertarian Principals

This makes me ashamed to also be a libertarian when I see some of us don't know the difference between principal and principle. sigh...

America is crashing but you're worried about a spelling mistake. No Libertarian would attack the spelling of a word. I have the liberty to spell principle anyway I want.

it's not a misspell, it is two completely different words with different meanings. Come on, man.

You win asshole.

Me? I'm conservative with strong Libertarian leanings. Unfortunately I've never met a Libertarian candidate that didn't come off as having a screw loose. Nope, I'll stick with those that seem sane. They are not necessarily of a party, but have principles I can agree with.

A real Libertarian is not conservative. Conservatives want wars and want to dictate who to marry, how to have sex, and dictate other crazy things for everybody else.

Libertarians are the exact opposite. We don't care who you marry, how you have sex, and keep neutral with all foreign governments.

Our electoral system gives us the two party system. For the libertarian party to gain traction, they will need to replace one of the two parties.

Short of that, they will remain back benchers.

That's exactly my purpose. What's wrong with liberty? Why don't most Americans want liberty? It would be unanimous if all these people weren't in a trance.

Keep your religion to yourself. That's exactly what the founding fathers designed.

There aren't 2 parties there is a duopoly. Its a fake fight. Its like wrestling.

Our electoral system gives us the two party system. For the libertarian party to gain traction, they will need to replace one of the two parties.

Short of that, they will remain back benchers.

That's exactly my purpose. What's wrong with liberty? Why don't most Americans want liberty? It would be unanimous if all these people weren't in a trance.

Keep your religion to yourself. That's exactly what the founding fathers designed.

There aren't 2 parties there is a duopoly. Its a fake fight. Its like wrestling.

Sour grapes because no one is embracing your view point is very unbecoming.

Also, naming yourself something "libertarian" doesn't equate to advocating for that.

What is liberty anyways? We could ask 10 people and get 10 different opinions.

Me? I'm conservative with strong Libertarian leanings. Unfortunately I've never met a Libertarian candidate that didn't come off as having a screw loose. Nope, I'll stick with those that seem sane. They are not necessarily of a party, but have principles I can agree with.

A real Libertarian is not conservative. Conservatives want wars and want to dictate who to marry, how to have sex, and dictate other crazy things for everybody else.

Libertarians are the exact opposite. We don't care who you marry, how you have sex, and keep neutral with all foreign governments.

I know the spiel. I know what I agree with and don't. You are likely a future candidate of that party. No surprise there.

I am a small "L" libertarian. I believe in liberty and freedom. Less government, but not zero government.

In my experience, the actual Libertarian Party members (at least those that I have met) are pretty much Republicans that smoke pot.

I became a Libertarian in the late 1970's. I remember being in New Haven where I worked for Smith Barney when I signed a Libertarian petition.

If Americans fail to form a political party that will win elections and destroy the Democrat Republican Crime Family that takes bribes for kickbacks in the wide open, we Americans are doomed.

I hope you will read this carefully and think about it deeply:
Screwed Again: LIBERTARIAN PRINCIPALS

There is much more to say but I know that the American trade policy and the irrational budget is going to continue destroying our country right before our eyes. America has been taken for a ride by the privileged who gambles with our bank deposits, squanders our treasury, and steals our jobs. But the worst crime is that they have controlled the media to peddle propaganda that has put more than 98% of Americans into a brainwashed trance. They don't need guns to our heads to keep electing their private government. The trance is far more powerful than guns.

Problem is most who call themselves Libertarian are for less govt regulations on the finiancial industry not more, which is what is needed.

I became a Libertarian in the late 1970's. I remember being in New Haven where I worked for Smith Barney when I signed a Libertarian petition.

If Americans fail to form a political party that will win elections and destroy the Democrat Republican Crime Family that takes bribes for kickbacks in the wide open, we Americans are doomed.

There is much more to say but I know that the American trade policy and the irrational budget is going to continue destroying our country right before our eyes. America has been taken for a ride by the privileged who gambles with our bank deposits, squanders our treasury, and steals our jobs. But the worst crime is that they have controlled the media to peddle propaganda that has put more than 98% of Americans into a brainwashed trance. They don't need guns to our heads to keep electing their private government. The trance is far more powerful than guns.

Problem is most who call themselves Libertarian are for less govt regulations on the finiancial industry not more, which is what is needed.

except youre wrong.

Maybe this will put the financial industry in better perspective for you:
Screwed Again: INVISIBLE BANK FRAUD

except youre wrong.

What am I wrong about?

I am a small "L" libertarian. I believe in liberty and freedom. Less government, but not zero government.

In my experience, the actual Libertarian Party members (at least those that I have met) are pretty much Republicans that smoke pot.

I'm a small l also. The party went from running a great Ron Paul ticket to running a neocon Bob Barr ticket.

I think Paul has the right idea, even if his principles are 180 degrees different than the current big government GOP party it's still better to try to take over one of the current 2 parties. The 2 parties will join together and pass any legislation in order to stop a 3rd party, just like they did after Perot.

Critiques Of Libertarianism

The other side of the story.

To me libertarians are the flip side of the same coin as the marxists. Both philosophies require a basic change in human nature to work. The Marxists expect everyone to work hard for a future utopia, forgetting that many will not work, if gratification is delayed for long. Libertarians expect most social interactions to be one-on-one deals with little or interference from a state, forgetting that eventually some of the strong will prey on the weak. Either philosophy can sound good, but the devil's in the details.

Some of that is a product of ballot access laws, which have more or less forced the state parties to accept nubars on the ballot, so they don't have to go through the expense of petitioning to get on the ballot every election cycle.

The libertariam party has taken over the republican party.

At least now they tell us more of what they really want to do instead of pretending they actually care about the American people.

At least now they tell us more of what they really want to do instead of pretending they actually care about the American people.

Truth sometimes you make good posts then you make crazy posts like this to undo all the good ones.

You need to educate yourself on what a libertarian is and what the philosophy is.

I see smaller government on the road to no government, when you accept that we need a smaller government why stop there as non for profit voluntary organizations can take over all the functions of government (and probably do a better job) since the people in it aren't there for the money but rather to make things work better and help people earnestly (rather than pretend to).

But people hate voluntary governments for some reason, don't know why even though it would mean the government budget would be non-for-profit, there wouldn't have to be ridiculous multi-billion dollar elections, and people wouldn't have to pay tax (or pay for things) if they didn't want to. Horrible concepts...a government run by and for the people, sounds horribly Un-American to me. :eusa_shhh:

Truth sometimes you make good posts then you make crazy posts like this to undo all the good ones.

You need to educate yourself on what a libertarian is and what the philosophy is.
Dude...The crazy ones outweigh those of any notable substance by at least 10:1.

Dude...The crazy ones outweigh those of any notable substance by at least 10:1.
Ironically the more radical you get with Libertarians the more open minded and rational they become, many have become left wing crazies like Chomsky, or isolationists like Ron Paul though. :doubt:

But you can find plenty of Libertarians scattered on internet forums and in Universities (hidden in closets usually for fear of being set upon by their left wing colleagues) prepared to advocate lower taxes and smaller government while not putting you to sleep, trying to run for political office, or put you on to some mad scheme to end military intervention and shut down the military.

Forum List

Back