Liberals melt down as US Women's Soccer Team celebrate trashing Thailand 13-0 at World Cup

Oh, geeesh-
The United States Women's National team trounced Thailand 13-0 in its 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup opener on Tuesday, causing many to question the sportsmanship of the U.S. for running up the score.
Abby Wambach defends USWNT's 13 goals against Thailand, calls out FIFA on Twitter

Guess they want the game to be called, like kids games, if the scores get too large of a spread? This is getting ridiculous.

I didn’t care that they ran up the score because that is a tie breaker later on. What was so classless was celebrating like you never scored before, the first 3 to 5 goals, fine, goals after that , it is a bit much.
It was the World Cup, as someone else mentioned, something they probably will never experience again, for many of them.

They are the defending champions, they have qualified for every World Cup, won three, one runner-up and three thirds. Most of the team were part of the previous World Cup team. Show class, act like you’ve been there before. When you are up 10-0 and score, show some dignity, show class, congratulate each other and move on, you don’t have to have celebration that was pre-planned, that is just insulting to the game.

I can see both sides. It sure is fun to celebrate a win or good play. That being said, if a baseball team is ahead 30-0, a football team is ahead by 100-0, or a soccer team is ahead by 10-0, it might be time to ease of the gas a little and to realize one more score is no longer a major achievement due to the lack of competition.

I believe once a baseball team is ahead by 10 or 15 points the game ends.

Oh, geeesh-
The United States Women's National team trounced Thailand 13-0 in its 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup opener on Tuesday, causing many to question the sportsmanship of the U.S. for running up the score.
Abby Wambach defends USWNT's 13 goals against Thailand, calls out FIFA on Twitter

Guess they want the game to be called, like kids games, if the scores get too large of a spread? This is getting ridiculous.

I didn’t care that they ran up the score because that is a tie breaker later on. What was so classless was celebrating like you never scored before, the first 3 to 5 goals, fine, goals after that , it is a bit much.
It was the World Cup, as someone else mentioned, something they probably will never experience again, for many of them.

They are the defending champions, they have qualified for every World Cup, won three, one runner-up and three thirds. Most of the team were part of the previous World Cup team. Show class, act like you’ve been there before. When you are up 10-0 and score, show some dignity, show class, congratulate each other and move on, you don’t have to have celebration that was pre-planned, that is just insulting to the game.
First, it is only held once every 4 years. They won in 1999, 2015, and now 2019. And 9 of the 23 players had been in a prior World Cup. That leaves 14 that had never been. And what I saw was not what I would call overly excessive celebrating, except maybe a couple of times, unless they didn’t show it in this clip-
Twitter
These girls are also being scouted.
Now, we shall just have to agree to disagree. ;)

Last edited:
Oh, geeesh-

Why dance around and put on a show when you scored a goal to make it 10-0?

Show some freaking class
What are they supposed to do? Wear sackcloth and ashes? If the other team doesn't like the celebrating, they should play better and stop them.

How dare they act like boorish fatherless NFL Democrat thugs.
Condemning the behavior ain’t a liberal/conservative thing. It’s about courtesy.
Creating the idiots who act like this is a democrat thing, for sure.
Ya know what else the Democrats can be blamed for?

Over tipping, traffic jams, top 40 radio, sunspots, the 1965 Chevy Corvair, the death of Mr. Rogers, the Cleveland Browns, mumps, eretile dusfunction, potholes, pigeons, non-waterproof mascara, the McRib sandwich, Cinco dMayo, mosquito bites, inshined shoes, waxy yellow buildup, themway road maps are folded, soot, dandruff, oil based paints, white rings on tabletops, deep fried twinkies, crab grass, slippery rocks by the river, snowdrifts, parking tickets, hang nails, paper cuts, unpopped popcorn kernels, Cory Feldman's career, late FedEx shipments, the Mercator Projection, 8 track tapes, spinach on your teeth, long red ligjts, holes in your socks, and the newspaper boy tossing your paper on your roof.

Condemning the behavior ain’t a liberal/conservative thing. It’s about courtesy.

Over tipping, traffic jams, top 40 radio, sunspots, the 1965 Chevy Corvair, the death of Mr. Rogers, the Cleveland Browns, mumps, eretile dusfunction, potholes, pigeons, non-waterproof mascara, the McRib sandwich, Cinco dMayo, mosquito bites, inshined shoes, waxy yellow buildup, themway road maps are folded, soot, dandruff, oil based paints, white rings on tabletops, deep fried twinkies, crab grass, slippery rocks by the river, snowdrifts, parking tickets, hang nails, paper cuts, unpopped popcorn kernels, Cory Feldman's career, late FedEx shipments, the Mercator Projection, 8 track tapes, spinach on your teeth, long red ligjts, holes in your socks, and the newspaper boy tossing your paper on your roof.
Confession is good for the soul. Feel better?

None of that has anything to do with democrats championing fatherlessness.

Oh, geeesh-

I seriously doubt anyone would be having this "poor sports" discussion over men's soccer.

Actually, this is the first time I have ever made this criticism towards women.
I’m old school and often criticize men for dancing in the end zone while up by three touchdowns. I criticize men for running up the score.
It all comes down to basic sportsmanship and showing some class

Oh, geeesh-

It was a 13-0 rout
You are much better than the other team. They suck and you are great. We get it
But orchestrated celebrations over an inferior foe do nothing but make you look petty and classless

Forum List

Back