Liberals looking to tax the taxes on our taxes

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
BUENA PARK (CBSLA.com) — The California Legislature is looking at a voluntary program that would tax motorists for every mile they drive.

KCAL9’s Bobby Kaple reports that Sen. Mark DeSaulnier, D-Concord, introduced a bill to test out the vehicle miles traveled (VMT) tax because the state’s gas tax was no longer bringing in the revenue it used to due to people driving more fuel efficient vehicles.

Sen. Introduces Bill To Test Out Taxing Motorists For Every Mile They Drive « CBS Los Angeles

You have to laugh. First they want to force the American people into shitty little electric toy cars with the horsepower of your average bicycle, and then they want to tax the beejesus out of you for buying less gas (which is why they wanted to force you into the shitty little electric toy car in the first place).

Proving once again that liberals create the problem, then cry the loudest about the problem they created themselves. We are literally living Atlas Shrugged :eusa_doh:

And just imagine what this will do to the already shitty liberal economy in California. People who work far from home will simply quit their jobs (especially since the Dumbocrats in Washington incentivize quitting and punish working) and businesses involved in extensive travel (couriers, movers, shipping, etc.) will go out of business (causing the other half that didn't quit their job to lose their job).

Yep, nobody can collapse an economy and create Cuban-style misery and poverty quite like a liberal... :eusa_doh:

Why don't you post the article about North Carolina Republicans taxing hybrid cars for the lost gasoline revenue?

Why don't you post the article about North Carolina Republicans taxing hybrid cars for the lost gasoline revenue?

Why don't you just post it?

I hate it when Republicans act like Democrats and tax the shit out of everything. Fucking RINOs.

Democrats never met a tax they didn't like. Taxes always hurts the average person.

Tax on gas. Tax by the mile. Toll roads. Triple tax on every mile you drive.

All following the liberal path of ending the private ownership of transportation. People are to be forced into cities. Take their rural homes. Take their transportation. Leave them no choice.

Last edited:

All following the liberal path of ending the private ownership of transportation. People are to be forced into cities. Take their rural homes. Take their transportation. Leave them no choice.

Who's going to pay for the streetlights?

And just imagine what this will do to the already shitty liberal economy in California. People who work far from home will simply quit their jobs (especially since the Dumbocrats in Washington incentivize quitting and punish working) and businesses involved in extensive travel (couriers, movers, shipping, etc.) will go out of business (causing the other half that didn't quit their job to lose their job).

Yep, nobody can collapse an economy and create Cuban-style misery and poverty quite like a liberal... :eusa_doh:

They're NOT Liberals...they're PROGRESSIVES.

Um they do that by cutting spending in other areas....Sort of how I budget to pay my bills...... Since you are liberal I will most likely have to help you with this..

Bing Dictionary

budg·et
[ bújjət ]

plan for allocating resources: a plan specifying how resources, especially time or money, will be allocated or spent during a particular period
money for particular purpose: the total amount of money allocated or needed for a particular purpose or period of time
quantity or supply: a quantity, stock, or supply of something

Isn't that what my income tax is for? Isn't that what my property tax is for? Isn't that what my sales tax is for? Isn't that what my (existing) gas tax is for? Isn't that what my utility taxes are for?

I pay roughly 15 different taxes on 1 salary which eats up about 60% of everything I earn. If you can't pay for streetlights taxing me 15 times and feel the need to add a 16th tax, then it clearly illustrates that liberals are seriously inept at creating a budget and sticking to it (but then again, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid proves that already when they went 7 years without passing a budget).

Rott, we all agree that you pay too much and too many taxes.

Unlike your heros the stupendously rich, I note.

Weird, huh?

If you understand that Bush II and Obama are basically working for the same masters, then you're on your way to being liberated from the blinding condition called partisanship.

And the TRUTH shall not set you free, but at least keep you from supporting the people who have nothing but contempt for people like you and me.

Weird, huh?

If you understand that Bush II and Obama are basically working for the same masters, then you're on your way to being liberated from the blinding condition called partisanship.

And the TRUTH shall not set you free, but at least keep you from supporting the people who have nothing but contempt for people like you and me.

Thankfully I've never suffered from that condition. That's why I'm able to criticize Bush while liberals worship every failure of Obama.

One thing though chief - Bill Gates pays more in taxes in one week than I do all year. You *might* want to get your facts straight.

Weird, huh?

Jealousy is such a pathetic trait.

I hate it when Republicans act like Democrats and tax the shit out of everything. Fucking RINOs.

Democrats never met a tax they didn't like. Taxes always hurts the average person.
OK.

Proves that Democrats call them what they are: taxes, while Republicans try to hide it by calling it a fee:

NC electric car drivers begin paying $100 annual fee

The big government types (left, right, liberal, REP, or whatever) want their tax revenue to spend enormous amounts to be able to gain and keep more power.. it is simple... it is not about an agenda to make this cleaner or more efficient.. that is a ploy to get the ignorant masses to go along with their power schemes

OK.

Proves that Democrats call them what they are: taxes, while Republicans try to hide it by calling it a fee:

NC electric car drivers begin paying $100 annual fee

Ok, while I readily admitted in response to your first post that I find RINO's just as despicable as Dumbocrats, I have to take issue with your second post.

Nobody hides taxes like the Dumbocrats. 18 new taxes hidden/buried in Obamacare alone. Why? Because Obama knew he couldn't afford Obamacare without the crushing taxes and he knew it would never pass with the crushing taxes. So the Dumbocrats hid them.

Same thing with the gas tax. How come politicians never run on the gas tax? Hell, how come none of them ever bring it up? Because they don't want the American people aware of how many times their ONE income is raped over and over and over by Dumbocrat taxes (income tax, sales tax, gas tax, property tax, utility tax, taxes on your cell phone bill, etc.).

Forum List

Back