And people wonder why Christians are disliked?

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=4XiizB9Lkqk&app=desktop]Hindu Prayer Interrupted In Senate By Christians - YouTube[/ame]

This Hindu prayer was disrespectfully interrupted by people who want this country to be a Christian nation.

If you want your faith to be respected, how about showing a little respect for the faith of others.

At least they don't kill everyone who doesn't believe the way they do.

And most of them wouldn't. But more than a few don't kill everyone who doesn't believe the way they do because they are afraid of prison.

no point to interrupting them. Whatever happened to kindness and civility?

no point to interrupting them. Whatever happened to kindness and civility?

Exactly! It is not as if he was killing small children. He wished a blessing on all present. If you cannot be kind and civil to someone praying for you, at least be quiet.

So how do we find out who the morons were? Reasonable folks with no religious grudge want to know..
On my list of things to internet.. I want those folks banned for 5 days from the Senate floor for arrogance and stupidity. And this is THE SENATE? The more "distinguished" body?

Seeems like protesting this same guy is a long Senate tradition.. There are news articles from 2007, 2010, and today.. Same Hindu guy -- presumably same protest group.. Which brings to question --- WHY is the Senate security so damn bad...

Protestors Interrupt Senate's First Hindu-Led Prayer

July 14, 2007|10:10 am
Three protestors calling themselves “patriots” disrupted a Hindu prayer that was set to open up the Senate this past Thursday.

The invocation – which made history as the first Hindu-led prayer – was led by Rajan Zed, a Hindu chaplain from Nevada, but was interrupted by two women and one man from the group Operation Save America/Operation Rescue.

So I'll pass on indicting all Christians for intolerance. This is another one of those fringe groups like the jerk protesting military funerals (fred whathisname phelps?) that EVERYONE can detest...

Seeems like protesting this same guy is a long Senate tradition.. There are news articles from 2007, 2010, and today.. Same Hindu guy -- presumably same protest group.. Which brings to question --- WHY is the Senate security so damn bad...

Three protestors calling themselves “patriots” disrupted a Hindu prayer that was set to open up the Senate this past Thursday.

The invocation – which made history as the first Hindu-led prayer – was led by Rajan Zed, a Hindu chaplain from Nevada, but was interrupted by two women and one man from the group Operation Save America/Operation Rescue.

So I'll pass on indicting all Christians for intolerance. This is another one of those fringe groups like the jerk protesting military funerals (fred whathisname phelps?) that EVERYONE can detest...

I am not trying to indict all Christians for this behavior.

But I will hold them to the same standard I hold other faiths, like the Muslims. When I see mainstream members of the faith condemn these people, I will be proud to stand with them.

At least they don't kill everyone who doesn't believe the way they do.

And most of them wouldn't. But more than a few don't kill everyone who doesn't believe the way they do because they are afraid of prison.

Which only goes to show what is wrong with religion in general. Anybody who wants to kill somebody over some superstitious nonsense deserves whatever they get from the other lunitics.

So how do we find out who the morons were? Reasonable folks with no religious grudge want to know..
On my list of things to internet.. I want those folks banned for 5 days from the Senate floor for arrogance and stupidity. And this is THE SENATE? The more "distinguished" body?

Arrogance and stupidity from senators? Who'd a thunk it!

"And people wonder why Christians are disliked!"

I don't wonder why Christians of today are disliked. I know why! Because the vast majority of these self styled Christians are not Christian. In fact, far too many Christians churchs in America today are not Christian. Instead, they are agents of the state.

There once was time when the expression, "That's Christian of you!" was commonly used and had meaning and substance. This was because above all things Christians in those does were not judgemental, were tolerant of others, and loved their fellow men as if they were brothers. In other words, they subscribed to and followed the teachings of Christ. In contrast, Christians of today believe that laws and war are the best ways of dealing with people who do not think like them. Not only are people who think like this not Christian, by calling themselves Christian, they are guilty of blasphemy.

I am not trying to indict all Christians for this behavior.

But I will hold them to the same standard I hold other faiths, like the Muslims. When I see mainstream members of the faith condemn these people, I will be proud to stand with them.

There was WIDESPREAD condemnation of the Fred Phelps morons.. And know that we know the idiots who disrupt this guy every few years are NOT elected politicians, but Senate gallery protestors, I have to assume that they would be widely condemned as well..

Check the source for the article I posted. It's a mainstream Christian News journal..

This Hindu prayer was disrespectfully interrupted by people who want this country to be a Christian nation.

If you want your faith to be respected, how about showing a little respect for the faith of others.

Very few Christians would believe that was appropriate. Christians would overwhelmingly consider that completely inappropriate. Is that the broad brush you think Hindus or other religions should be painted?

What I find ironic about this OP, is that the author is presuming to stereotype all of Christianity for the acts of one group. Surely you're more intelligent than that?

Yes I agree it is hypocritical to
* defend religious freedom for Christians, but abridge the same of Hindus, Muslims, etc.
* defend freedom of Atheists not to be offended by a Cross on public property,
but abridge the freedom of Constitutionalists by imposing mandates and fines
that are against Constitutional beliefs in limited govt, states rights, and personal liberty
* push preemptive laws against Muslims out of fear of Jihadits imposing Shariah Law
but then oppose discrimination against Christians "because of the abuses of a few"
* justify one party pushing their political beliefs on the whole nation by "majority rule"
but complain when the other party threatens with their agenda, instead of treating them equally

Clearly we need to learn to enforce equal protections of the laws for all people and views,
and not just defend parties or groups "we agree with" while excluding parties we don't.

Let's see which groups figure it out first. And which just keep towing their party lines, waiting for someone else to do something first. Who are leaders, who are followers?

Hindu Prayer Interrupted In Senate By Christians - YouTube

Last edited:

Forum List

Back