Liberals: How Did The Automobile Get Invented When There Was No DMV?

Give me one. Just one example of an American illegally detained and imprisoned for "not having his papers".

I won't hold my breath.

Sorry,not gonna play that game. When i give you a couple of publicized detention examples you'll just say "so what,that's only a couple of incidents." I'm a bit of a message board veteran so i know where that always goes. You can be legally "Detained" for almost anything these days. You can choose to believe that or not. That's your call i guess. But try not having your papers or declining to show them when the Gestapo officers come calling and you'll see what happens. Like i said,don't drop the soap.

I don't blame you. I don't enter into games I know I am destained to lose either.

the t and paulibocalypse would certainly like to know some destaining procedures.

Oh what the hell,i'll play the game. I'm no NBC or Times fan but i have to give em props for reporting on this travesty...

NEW YORK — The arresting officer came by the cell, Samantha Zucker said, to make snide remarks about finding her with a friend in Riverside Park after its 1 a.m. closing.

For instance:

“He was telling me that I needed to get a new boyfriend, that I should get a guy who takes me out to dinner,” Ms. Zucker said. “He mocked me for being from Westchester.”

Early in the morning on Oct. 22, a Saturday, Ms. Zucker, 21, and her friend Alex Fischer, also 21, were stopped by the police in Riverside Park and given tickets for trespassing. Mr. Fischer was permitted to leave after he produced his driver’s license. But Ms. Zucker, on a visit to New York City with a group of Carnegie Mellon University seniors looking for jobs in design industries, had left her wallet in a hotel two blocks away.

She was handcuffed. For the next 36 hours, she was moved from a cell in the 26th Precinct station house on West 126th Street to central booking in Lower Manhattan and then — because one of the officers was ending his shift before Ms. Zucker could be photographed for her court appearance, and you didn’t think he was going to take the subway uptown while his partner stayed with her at booking, did you? — she was brought back to Harlem.

There she waited in a cell until a pair of fresh police officers were rustled up to bring her back downtown for booking, where she spent a second night in custody. The judge proceeded to dismiss the ticket in less than a minute.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45135682/

Last edited:
Sorry,not gonna play that game. When i give you a couple of publicized detention examples you'll just say "so what,that's only a couple of incidents." I'm a bit of a message board veteran so i know where that always goes. You can be legally "Detained" for almost anything these days. You can choose to believe that or not. That's your call i guess. But try not having your papers or declining to show them when the Gestapo officers come calling and you'll see what happens. Like i said,don't drop the soap.

I don't blame you. I don't enter into games I know I am destained to lose either.

the t and paulibocalypse would certainly like to know some destaining procedures.

Excellent. Nice catch.

Better job than you. But then I wasn't into intimidation. Face it? you're afraid...of your betters.

You could have fooled me.

Again, I am not the one known for turning into a screaming jackass and dropping threats on a message board.

You certainly are into intimidation, you just suck at it.

And who's to say that's my purpose? YOU? Are you into second guessing people? Really?

YOU suck at it.

Every sober observer that witnesses what you post.

You see, Tommy, words have meaning.

Oh what the hell,i'll play the game. I'm no NBC or Times fan but i have to give em props for reporting on this travesty...

NEW YORK — The arresting officer came by the cell, Samantha Zucker said, to make snide remarks about finding her with a friend in Riverside Park after its 1 a.m. closing.

For instance:

“He was telling me that I needed to get a new boyfriend, that I should get a guy who takes me out to dinner,” Ms. Zucker said. “He mocked me for being from Westchester.”

Early in the morning on Oct. 22, a Saturday, Ms. Zucker, 21, and her friend Alex Fischer, also 21, were stopped by the police in Riverside Park and given tickets for trespassing. Mr. Fischer was permitted to leave after he produced his driver’s license. But Ms. Zucker, on a visit to New York City with a group of Carnegie Mellon University seniors looking for jobs in design industries, had left her wallet in a hotel two blocks away.

She was handcuffed. For the next 36 hours, she was moved from a cell in the 26th Precinct station house on West 126th Street to central booking in Lower Manhattan and then — because one of the officers was ending his shift before Ms. Zucker could be photographed for her court appearance, and you didn’t think he was going to take the subway uptown while his partner stayed with her at booking, did you? — she was brought back to Harlem.

There she waited in a cell until a pair of fresh police officers were rustled up to bring her back downtown for booking, where she spent a second night in custody. The judge proceeded to dismiss the ticket in less than a minute.

NYT: Student jailed 2 nights when she can't show ID - US news - The New York Times - msnbc.com

I bolded the relevant part of the story for you. I never claimed the police were perfect, but this was not a lawful arrest or detainment. The courts righted the wrong.

Zucker should sue the police department.

Looks like she is consdering it.

Samantha Zucker, College Student Held by NYPD for 36 Hours for Not Having ID, Tells Her Story - New York News - Runnin' Scared

She'll win.

In fact if you don't have your papers or refuse to show them to an officer,you'll be very lucky if you're not tossed to the ground and recieve a knee shot to the small of your back. Are people really so clueless? Don't they ever get out? SHEESH!

Last edited:

For instance:

NYT: Student jailed 2 nights when she can't show ID - US news - The New York Times - msnbc.com

I bolded the relevant part of the story for you. I never claimed the police were perfect, but this was not a lawful arrest or detainment. The courts righted the wrong.

Samantha Zucker, College Student Held by NYPD for 36 Hours for Not Having ID, Tells Her Story - New York News - Runnin' Scared

She'll win.

be kind.

they see destainment as a positive procedure.

In fact if you don't have your papers or refuse to show them to an officer,you'll be very lucky if you're not tossed to the ground and given a knee stuck to the small of your back. Are people really so clueless? Don't they ever get out? SHESH!

The initiating even here was trespass. It was a bad arrest and the courts made it right. That is why we have the courts.

It is not a crime to travel in this nation without identification. Despite your claims to the contrary.

For instance:

She'll win.

Many parts of the country you can be rounded up for doing even less. And the Court did right the wrong but not before she spent a couple of horrific nights in jail. Seriously,try not showing your papers when an officer demands it and you'll find out pretty quickly what the consequences are. Go ahead i dare you.

In fact if you don't have your papers or refuse to show them to an officer,you'll be very lucky if you're not tossed to the ground and recieve a knee shot to the small of your back. Are people really so clueless? Don't they ever get out? SHEESH!

Dude, you're so full of shit. I've actually BEEN in that position. I was running late for work and speeding. Got pulled over and realized I left my wallet at home. You know what the big, bad Gestapo did to me? Gave me a ticket for speeding and told me that I had to show my Driver's license at a State Police Barracks within 24 hours.

You Conservatives have a flair for the dramatic, don't you? But then again... consider your information sources.

The first Automobile in America was made by the Dureya Brothers in 1893 yet the DMV (as we know it now) wasn't established until 1915!

Question for you Liberals: How is it possible that a revolutionary vehicle like that was made without the direct support of a giant gov't agency?

The question is idiotic to say the least and a typical right wing fantasy question

Most R&D has always been done in the "private sector" or by individuals. Government has funded said R&D at times (especially military funding) but rarely has stuff been "invented by government" other than in the Soviet Union. Only the most brainwashed "liberal" would think that government was the only place where innovation could happen.. and only the most brainwashed right winger would even remotely ask this question.

First off to even remotely answer you question you would need to define "government".

Dude, you're so full of shit. I've actually BEEN in that position. I was running late for work and speeding. Got pulled over and realized I left my wallet at home. You know what the big, bad Gestapo did to me? Gave me a ticket for speeding and told me that I had to show my Driver's license at a State Police Barracks within 24 hours.

You Conservatives have a flair for the dramatic, don't you? But then again... consider your information sources.

Tell that to this poor young girl. I'm glad the Gestapo cut you a break but don't count on that happening again. Because that would be foolish.

Tell that to this poor young girl. I'm glad the Gestapo cut you a break but don't count on that happening again. Because that would be foolish.

You know, I have to admit, you have a good point here. Hey, can you tell me how they faked the moon landing?

You know, I have to admit, you have a good point here. Hey, can you tell me how they faked the moon landing?

Yea this poor young girl spending two horrific nights in jail because of a Gestapo asshole is all just a crazy Conspiracy Theory. Seriously,you need to get out more. Try not showing your papers to a Gestapo officer and we'll see how that goes for you. I would actually love to see that. The look on your face once you realize you're going to jail would be absolutely priceless.

Yea this poor young girl spending two horrific nights in jail because of a Gestapo asshole is all just a crazy Conspiracy Theory. Seriously,you need to get out more. Try not showing your papers to a Gestapo officer and we'll see how that goes for you. I would actually love to see that. The look on your face once you realize you're going to jail would be absolutely priceless.

I would, except THE GESTAPO DOESN'T EXIST ANYMORE! IT EXISTED IN NAZI GERMANY AND IS NO MORE, AND HAS NEVER EXISTED IN THIS COUNTRY!

Get a prescription....

I would, except THE GESTAPO DOESN'T EXIST ANYMORE! IT EXISTED IN NAZI GERMANY AND IS NO MORE, AND HAS NEVER EXISTED IN THIS COUNTRY!

Get a prescription....

Not to be too rude but i seriously doubt you have the guts to refuse showing your papers to a Gestapo officer. If you do have the guts,just go ahead and try it. If you think i'm so wrong and crazy,you shouldn't have any problem giving it a shot. Just remember though,hang onto that soap.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back