Why are we not hearing anything about Buddy Roemer?

Inthemiddle

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
I don't understand why he isn't being allowed to participate in the debates. He could offer the single best opportunity to present a candidate for President who can garner wide appeal from almost every portion of the political spectrum. Policies?

*17% flat tax, no national sales tax
*Establish government spending max based on percentage of GDP
*Fair trade before free trade, to protect American jobs
*Close most tax loopholes (would allow a few tax incentives, like businesses who use American suppliers)
*Eliminate all energy subsidies (including Exxon and Solyndra)
*Repatriate the production of all military equipment
*Supports limited domestic drilling
*Repeal Obama's HC bill
*Reinstate Glass-Segal act
*Reforming the Department of Education into a "small professional body"

Why are spending so much time talking about batshit crazy Bachmann and the secessionist Perry? Buddy Roemer is someone we should be talking about, but who has been left on the sidelines.

Buddy Roemer’s healthcare reform would eliminate Obamacare, but keep insurance coverage of preexisting conditions.

I'd be interested in hearing more about this.

Let the man debate. He can take Perry's spot.

• Banned
I'd be interested in hearing more about a whole lot of things from Roemer.

• Banned
And this really demonstrates something, and an important reason why we probably NEED to have a guy like this in the debates.

He's accepting no money from PACs and is limiting individuals to no more than $100 donations. He's keeping the corrupt influence out, and lo and behold! he can't get any air time!

Money is speech. I have no problem with that; the constitution protects it. But I have the god given and Constitutional right as to who I listen to. I will not listen to the special interest with big checks. I will listen to Americans with $100, $5, or ZERO dollars who have an idea of how to build a better country.

-Buddy Roemer

Forum List

Back