Liberals FORCE 13 y.o. public school girls to act like lesbians!!!

The single truth being ignored is the fact that children can be taught respect without identifying specific target groups.
Agreed, and as I've seen firsthand in elementary grades, that happens. But when a particular group is targeted for bullying, students need education specifically targeted to that bullying. That requires increasing awareness of the children being bullied.

All this other claptrap is and should remain the sole purview of parents and the family. Even if these so-called "educators" feel that what is taught at home counters their targeted indoctrinal goals, they should be given short shrift and should not be included in an educational curriculum.
Until it impinges upon the freedom and rights of another. You are welcome to believe anything--but when that translates into action, in this case bullying, then the school has the obligation under in loco parentis to take steps necessary to end the bullying.

Too many children matriculating from the so-called public "education" system are prepared for little more than to accept and value whatever, or whoever, they are told to accept.
Schools are required to educate students in our culture and values--that has always been the case in the US education system. We teach fairness, taking turns, patience, etc. in early grades, then the value of voting and conservation in higher grades. (There's more to it, but those are examples.) Students are told to respect everyone. Is that so wrong?

There is nothing wrong with teaching students to respect others. They should also be taught right from wrong. Bullying is wrong, but to start a list of "protected" groups only serves to set those groups aside, or even above, all the other children, which results in more bullying. Except, the bullying is driven "underground", becomes more subtle and removed from the sight of administrators. Not only have we set up special groups to protect, we have also identified groups and situations where bullying is OK, based on who the victims are vs. who the perpetrators are. I.e. It's more acceptable for blacks to "vent" their frustration on other races because of the perceived "oppression" of blacks.

The single truth being ignored is the fact that children can be taught respect without identifying specific target groups. All this other claptrap is and should remain the sole purview of parents and the family. Even if these so-called "educators" feel that what is taught at home counters their targeted indoctrinal goals, they should be given short shrift and should not be included in an educational curriculum. It is a sad, unfortunate fact that our school system (I cannot in good conscience call this an education system) fails abysmally to educate our children in meaningful, useful subjects...which are eschewed in favor of social engineering indoctrination. Too many children matriculating from the so-called public "education" system are prepared for little more than to accept and value whatever, or whoever, they are told to accept.

I have 3 children in the NYS school system. One of the most liberal in the country.

And very little of what you say is true. They are taught all the same stuff I was, and more. There is no social engineering class. Once a year they spend a couple hours on this stuff.

The argument could be made that the methodology used today isn't ideal. But to claim they spend all their time on social engineering just isn't true, at all.

There is nothing wrong with teaching students to respect others. They should also be taught right from wrong. Bullying is wrong, but to start a list of "protected" groups only serves to set those groups aside, or even above, all the other children, which results in more bullying. Except, the bullying is driven "underground", becomes more subtle and removed from the sight of administrators. Not only have we set up special groups to protect, we have also identified groups and situations where bullying is OK, based on who the victims are vs. who the perpetrators are. I.e. It's more acceptable for blacks to "vent" their frustration on other races because of the perceived "oppression" of blacks.

Anti-bullying programs do not "start" a list of groups--that's already done by the bullies. According to your logic, there shouldn't be any programs in our society for battered women because that's setting those women above others.

It's probably impossible to end all bullying, but driving is "underground" makes it less prevalent and significant. Also, the programs I've seen and implemented in schools never makes reverse bullying appropriate. Instead, the message is that ALL hatred, bullying, etc. is wrong regardless of why. I've never once, in my 15 years in education, ever seen a program that says it's okay for African-Americans to "vent" on other races.

In other words, stop trying to find excuses to end anti-bullying programs.

Anti-bullying programs do not "start" a list of groups--that's already done by the bullies. According to your logic, there shouldn't be any programs in our society for battered women because that's setting those women above others.

It's probably impossible to end all bullying, but driving is "underground" makes it less prevalent and significant. Also, the programs I've seen and implemented in schools never makes reverse bullying appropriate. Instead, the message is that ALL hatred, bullying, etc. is wrong regardless of why. I've never once, in my 15 years in education, ever seen a program that says it's okay for African-Americans to "vent" on other races.

In other words, stop trying to find excuses to end anti-bullying programs.

I wonder, when I was in school, we did not have anti-bully programs. Where I grew up. lots of kids brought shotguns or .22s to school so they could hunt small game and birds on the way home. We were not subjected to a regimen of diagnoses and drugs. Sex education was limited to personal hygiene and biological facts. Suicide rates were lower. No one ever shot someone else in school, or out. "Behavioral" problems were dealt with promptly and after the school officials handled the problem, most parents also dealt a stout dose of "corrective action". We didn't grow up to be mass murderers. We didn't grow up to be bums living off the public dole. Life wasn't perfect, I assure you, but we sure didn't have all the bullshit indoctrination and the resulting social problems we have today. What's changed? Maybe your insight as an "educator" can shed some light on those changes that have so adversely affected society?

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
I wonder, when I was in school, we did not have anti-bully programs. Where I grew up. lots of kids brought shotguns or .22s to school so they could hunt small game and birds on the way home.

When you grew up it was acceptable for parents to beat the ever living shit out of their children on a daily basis, too, so that makes it OK.

And a lot of sane people still see no evidence that this is a widespread problem that requires some socially engineered program. Is it really that big a problem in grade school that girls are asking other girls for a kiss or that boys are asking other boys? Pile stupid socialogical bullshit like this on top of the fact that many school districts are expelling students for something as simple as holding hands with their "best friend". Ooops! I forgot, children are being heartily discouraged to not have 'best friends' lest some other little kiddy has their precious little feelings hurt.

What school districts? Where? I would like to read up on that. Link, please.

Here's one link. Personally, I think it is essential that children learn how to make, keep, and break friendship bonds. They need to learn to deal with "hurt feelings" and both the joys and unpleasant aspects of living with and loving other people.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/17/fashion/17BFF.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

The only schools that seem to be trying to do that are PRIVATE schools. Interesting.

This is the sort of lunacy the GOP should hammer dems with. Liberals are total moon-bats.

NY Middle School Anti-Bullying Indoctrination Lesson Includes Lesbian Role Play « Pat Dollard

Apr 18, 2013

Young girls at a New York middle school were instructed to ask one another for a lesbian kiss and boys were given guidance on how to tell if women are sluts during an anti-bullying presentation on gender identity and sexual orientation, angry parents allege.The special health class was held last week at Linden Avenue Middle School in Red Hook, NY. The students were separated by gender – with students from Bard College leading the workshops.

Parents are especially furious after their young daughters were told that it was perfectly normal for 14-year-old girls to have sex and there was nothing their parents could do to intervene.

The boys and girls were also given a sexual vocabulary primer – that included words like “pansexual” and “genderqueer.”

Of course they were going to go after the kids... Predicted this many, many years ago...

5th Grade Sex Ed is next... If it's not already been breached.

I know a couple of 5th Grade Teachers personally... I may have to ask how that's Evolved since my Wife Taught it a half decade ago.

:)

peace...

About/History | GLSEN: Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network

GLSEN seeks to develop school climates where difference is valued for the positive contribution it makes in creating a more vibrant and diverse community. We welcome any and all individuals as members, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or occupation, who are committed to seeing this philosophy realized in K-12 schools.

Kevin Jennings | KevinJennings.com

Barack Obama’s Safe Schools Czar

You can't make this shit up.

The Target has ALWAYS been Children. :thup:

Starting in Kindergarten with the Sexual Deviancy Indonctrination... Awesome.

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back