Liberal SLATE columnist admits UNBORN ARE PEOPLE

I've never understood why left wingers feel so freakin' obligated to be so intellectually dishonest on this issue.

Most of us who are pro choice are willing to admit that a fetus is developing human life. We are also willing to admit that an abortion is not a positive thing.

Yawn, guy, if you really believe that then you should favor locking the women and the doctors up.
Somehow you missed the part when I said I'm pro choice.

You folks illustrate my points, constantly.

Not everyone is like you, thank goodness.

no, I never miss the part where youtry to take both sides of every issue and try to be enlightened.

Either a fetus is a human being who deserves the same legal protections as you and I.

Or it's medical waste.

no, I never miss the part where youtry to take both sides of every issue and try to be enlightened.

Either a fetus is a human being who deserves the same legal protections as you and I.

Or it's medical waste.
Most reasonable adults can see and appreciate both sides of an issue. Nothing special about me.

People like you see only one side and are absolutely convinced that the other "side" is "wrong".

Malignant narcissism, I believe you've called it. That's your area.

Saletan is a smart guy and has both eyes open on this complex issue:

What Pro-lifers Can Learn From the Declining Abortion Rate

There’s no need to choose between contraception, choice, and a culture of life. You can use birth control precisely because you don’t want to risk an abortion. You can acknowledge the immorality of abortion, relative to pregnancy prevention, without abandoning the individual as the decision-maker. Together, the cultural message and the technical means can drive down the abortion rate. Everybody wins.

His only problem is that his thoughts don't fit on bumper sticker or protest sign.

There are only two things that have ever been proven to lower the number of abortions, science and education.
And law protecting human rights....

Which law would that be? Cite the law. Show the stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reasonable adults can see and appreciate both sides of an issue. Nothing special about me.

People like you see only one side and are absolutely convinced that the other "side" is "wrong".

Naw, that's a person who has an attitude of "I've got mine, screw you."

My view on abortion is this.

1) Women are going to get them, no matter what the law is.
2) If you make it illegal, you will save no fetuses, but probably hurt a lot of women
3) Most Pro-Lifers are more about their misogyny than any concern about babies. Just ask them what they think about sex education, universal health care or food stamps.
4) Most pro-lifers are useless tools who've managed to not save ONE BABY, but have managed to abort our middle class lifestyle by putting Republicans in office.

OK, so now that liberal pro-deathers think this, now what?

Slate Columnist Admits Unborn Are People, But… - Affluent Investor

Pro-abortion ideology does funny things to people’s heads–even smart people like Will Saletan of Slate (who I’m pretty sure is the smartest liberal commentator around). Here’s an example of what I’m talking about:

“I can’t get past the feeling that pregnancy is one person growing inside another and that every part of that conundrum—one person, growing, another person—has to be taken into account. And I’m a sucker for context. So I cling to the mushy, unprincipled belief that… while there ought to be fewer abortion decisions—and there would be, if pro-lifers would magically redirect their energy from abortion bans to birth control—when those decisions arise, they’re best made by the people directly involved.”

Nobody is "pro"-abortion. Pro-choice, pro-women's health people see any abortion as a Private Sadness.

Life and infants are a gift to be cherished and loved. However if circumstances mean that a mother is not qualified emotionally, physically, financially to be a parent, and adoption is not something she is able to do -- HER CHOICE, then abortion is often the most compassionate medically legal procedure we have for ending the pregnancy.

Furthermore, with the current state of prenatal care, doctors can identify many birth defects and other serious health issues. When faced with the prospect of bringing a child into world who will experience nothing but pain and fear or will never be able to lead a normal healthily life, we need to let parents look into their heart and decide what to do. And NOT judge them either way.

I don't judge parents who bring a sick child or severely mentally handicapped child into this world, and the religious extremists should not judge parents who decide the more compassionate choice is abortion.

Pro-abortion ideology does funny things to people’s heads–even smart people like Will Saletan of Slate (who I’m pretty sure is the smartest liberal commentator around). Here’s an example of what I’m talking about:

“I can’t get past the feeling that pregnancy is one person growing inside another and that every part of that conundrum—one person, growing, another person—has to be taken into account. And I’m a sucker for context. So I cling to the mushy, unprincipled belief that… while there ought to be fewer abortion decisions—and there would be, if pro-lifers would magically redirect their energy from abortion bans to birth control—when those decisions arise, they’re best made by the people directly involved.”

Nobody is "pro"-abortion. Pro-choice, pro-women's health people see any abortion as a Private Sadness.

Life and infants are a gift to be cherished and loved. However if circumstances mean that a mother is not qualified emotionally, physically, financially to be a parent, and adoption is not something she is able to do -- HER CHOICE, then abortion is often the most compassionate medically legal procedure we have for ending the pregnancy.

Furthermore, with the current state of prenatal care, doctors can identify many birth defects and other serious health issues. When faced with the prospect of bringing a child into world who will experience nothing but pain and fear or will never be able to lead a normal healthily life, we need to let parents look into their heart and decide what to do. And NOT judge them either way.

I don't judge parents who bring a sick child or severely mentally handicapped child into this world, and the religious extremists should not judge parents who decide the more compassionate choice is abortion.
What a sicko liberal you are....what color is your Lamborghini?

Naw, that's a person who has an attitude of "I've got mine, screw you."

My view on abortion is this.

1) Women are going to get them, no matter what the law is.
2) If you make it illegal, you will save no fetuses, but probably hurt a lot of women
3) Most Pro-Lifers are more about their misogyny than any concern about babies. Just ask them what they think about sex education, universal health care or food stamps.
4) Most pro-lifers are useless tools who've managed to not save ONE BABY, but have managed to abort our middle class lifestyle by putting Republicans in office.
Better a back alley than gosnells clinic of horrors, it's safer....

The practice is barbaric and only the pervue of sick and depraved liberals....

He doesn't speak for me. Why would you be stupid enough to presume that he did?

He doesn't speak for me. Why would you be stupid enough to presume that he did?
Sure he does....you are all lemmings....

Gosnell was an exception, not the rule. Ban abortion, Gosnell will be the rule.

I find it amusing that conservatives were suddenly concerned poor people were getting sub-standard health care.

Gosnell was an exception, not the rule. Ban abortion, Gosnell will be the rule.

I find it amusing that conservatives were suddenly concerned poor people were getting sub-standard health care.
I am afraid Kermit is the rule....he was discovered mirderimg people quite by accident....so common sense dictates there are more back alley butcher shops keeping women from medical facilities......

I find it amusing that liberals are not concerned about women's health and are satisfied providing coat hanger type conditions just to get to the baby parts for profit....

I am afraid Kermit is the rule....he was discovered mirderimg people quite by accident....so common sense dictates there are more back alley butcher shops keeping women from medical facilities......

I find it amusing that liberals are not concerned about women's health and are satisfied providing coat hanger type conditions just to get to the baby parts for profit....

Uh, no, fetuses aren't babies.

The Zealots tried charging him with 100 fetus murders. That got knocked down to 8 that almost might have qualified under PA's ridiculous laws. That then got knocked down to 4 by the time the Jury heard it. The Jury only found on 3, plus the poor woman Gosnell killed because he was incompetent.

Then they rushed to cut a sentencing deal with him before he got in front of a judge that could actually READ a law book and would throw out PA's silly laws.

Talk about a waste of money, as he got the exact same sentence he would have gotten if they went after him for the adult lady he killed and the drugs he was dealing.

However, most PP clinics aren't dealing drugs, they aren't killing their adult patients (again, killing the fetuses is the point, but fetuses still aren't people)

The Zealots tried charging him with 100 fetus murders. That got knocked down to 8 that almost might have qualified under PA's ridiculous laws. That then got knocked down to 4 by the time the Jury heard it. The Jury only found on 3, plus the poor woman Gosnell killed because he was incompetent.

Then they rushed to cut a sentencing deal with him before he got in front of a judge that could actually READ a law book and would throw out PA's silly laws.

Talk about a waste of money, as he got the exact same sentence he would have gotten if they went after him for the adult lady he killed and the drugs he was dealing.

However, most PP clinics aren't dealing drugs, they aren't killing their adult patients (again, killing the fetuses is the point, but fetuses still aren't people)
They are persons....liberals say so...

Kill...kill...kill...is all you lefties know.

Nope, liberals say they are people....times, they are a changing for you mengele types....

Not really. Abortion will still be legal for decades to come.

You see, the delusion you anti-choicers have is that you think there were no abortions happening before 1973.

There were. Everyone knew a doctor "who could take care of that."

All the court did was legalize what everyone was already doing.

Forum List

Back