Liberal SLATE columnist admits UNBORN ARE PEOPLE

I've never understood why left wingers feel so freakin' obligated to be so intellectually dishonest on this issue.

Most of us who are pro choice are willing to admit that a fetus is developing human life. We are also willing to admit that an abortion is not a positive thing.

We just feel that this is one of those tough decisions a society has to make, and all things considered, we'd rather see a woman have the choice.

We'd also like to see both ends of this issue channel their considerable passion into keeping abortions down and maximizing adoption opportunities.

The dishonesty and insults and attacks really aren't needed.
You mean the baby IS a human life?
A fetus is human life.
Yes it is, you are right....it is human...and all humans have the natural right to life...

Rights are secured by government. Ours does not recognize fetuses as persons. That's where you lose the argument,

all your crying about it notwithstanding.
No..the constitution is a charter of negative rights..lit instructs what our .gov cannot do to our natural human rights...

do
We
OK, so now that liberal pro-deathers think this, now what?

Slate Columnist Admits Unborn Are People, But… - Affluent Investor

Pro-abortion ideology does funny things to people’s heads–even smart people like Will Saletan of Slate (who I’m pretty sure is the smartest liberal commentator around).

Apparently your pals at RedState disagree:

Slate's William Saletan: the dumbest man on the internet | RedState

lol
are discussing the op....please get your mommy to help read it to you...

You expressed your opinion about how smart this guy is; I offered you an opinion disputing that.
Do try to keep up...

Well here's a guy who might be able to explain your incoherence, in fact, he uses that very word:

The Pro-Life Case for Murder

And oh look! It's written by the same guy you're cheering about in the OP!!!

Ok, so you don't believe abortion is murder, which means you can't believe that abortion is the killing of a human person,

why do you keep saying so.
No, abortion is murder...

You just said 'NO' when I asked you if you would make abortion the crime of murder.

Are you having a spell? Try to make sense.

The PETA people say Meat is Murder. Is that the style of rhetoric you're using?
My discussion is well above your on-line degree education level...

You said abortion was murder, then it wasn't, then it was.

IF abortion is murder, then it should be codified as the crime of murder, and women who have abortions should be prosecuted as murderers.

What part of that do you disagree with?
We are working on that...the OP demonstrates we are winning,,,

Actually, He said QUITE A LOT that your ego is incapable of processing.
You are blind Joe, I am afraid -- by choice.
You pretend there is no evidence for God.
You think when you die there is nothing more or nothing to worry about.
How totally sad and bizarre that sounds.
I suppose I could be more charitable in my words, but would that make a difference?

I agree, after my mom died after everyone prayed for her to get better, I realize there are no pixies in the sky listening to prayers.

There is no evidence for a magic sky pixie. Everything can be explained by science.
maxresdefault.jpg

I was conservative at birth....luckily my mom thought I was a person just like your mom did....

You don't have enough education to tie my shoes, but good luck with that...

Guy, people who talk about how rich they are on message boards are like guys who talk about their penis length on message boards.

Here's the thing. If you are holding a belief from birth without questioning it, that shows a mind that doesn't really adapt.

I stopped believing in God when everyone prayed for Mom to get better and she didn't.

I stopped being a conservative when Bush gave you everything you ever wanted and caused the worst economic catastrophe in 80 years.

In short, I held a belief only up until the point it was proven not to work. When I get evidence something isn't so, I change.
There you go again, with the penis talk. It's obvious you have penis issues its always your default. You still Wet your bed at your moms house?

Saletan is a smart guy and has both eyes open on this complex issue:

What Pro-lifers Can Learn From the Declining Abortion Rate

There’s no need to choose between contraception, choice, and a culture of life. You can use birth control precisely because you don’t want to risk an abortion. You can acknowledge the immorality of abortion, relative to pregnancy prevention, without abandoning the individual as the decision-maker. Together, the cultural message and the technical means can drive down the abortion rate. Everybody wins.

His only problem is that his thoughts don't fit on bumper sticker or protest sign.

There are only two things that have ever been proven to lower the number of abortions, science and education.

Ok, so you don't believe abortion is murder, which means you can't believe that abortion is the killing of a human person,

why do you keep saying so.

You just said 'NO' when I asked you if you would make abortion the crime of murder.

IF abortion is murder, then it should be codified as the crime of murder, and women who have abortions should be prosecuted as murderers.

You didn't answer the question.

Saletan is a smart guy and has both eyes open on this complex issue:

What Pro-lifers Can Learn From the Declining Abortion Rate

There’s no need to choose between contraception, choice, and a culture of life. You can use birth control precisely because you don’t want to risk an abortion. You can acknowledge the immorality of abortion, relative to pregnancy prevention, without abandoning the individual as the decision-maker. Together, the cultural message and the technical means can drive down the abortion rate. Everybody wins.

His only problem is that his thoughts don't fit on bumper sticker or protest sign.

There are only two things that have ever been proven to lower the number of abortions, science and education.
And law protecting human rights....

Which question child?

do
We

Pro-abortion ideology does funny things to people’s heads–even smart people like Will Saletan of Slate (who I’m pretty sure is the smartest liberal commentator around).

Apparently your pals at RedState disagree:

Slate's William Saletan: the dumbest man on the internet | RedState

lol

You expressed your opinion about how smart this guy is; I offered you an opinion disputing that.
Do try to keep up...

Well here's a guy who might be able to explain your incoherence, in fact, he uses that very word:

Everyone needs to read the above article. It completely demolishes the pro-life movements insane position that abortion is murder but women who have abortions are not murderers,

a point btw that I have made here repeatedly, albeit not nearly as comprehensively as the OP's new favorite liberal writer does.

Which question child?

The sentence with the question mark at the end, fucktard.

do
We

Do try to keep up...

Everyone needs to read the above article. It completely demolishes the pro-life movements insane position that abortion is murder but women who have abortions are not murderers,

a point btw that I have made here repeatedly, albeit not nearly as comprehensively as the OP's new favorite liberal writer does.
Liberals say babies are people....read the OP

Which question child?

The sentence with the question mark at the end, fucktard.
huh?

do
We

Do try to keep up...

The OP is one guy, he is not 'liberals'.

He says it's idiotic to call abortion murder but not to want to punish women for murder if they have an abortion.

In effect, he's calling you an idiot.

Pro-abortion ideology does funny things to people’s heads–even smart people like Will Saletan of Slate (who I’m pretty sure is the smartest liberal commentator around). Here’s an example of what I’m talking about:

“I can’t get past the feeling that pregnancy is one person growing inside another and that every part of that conundrum—one person, growing, another person—has to be taken into account. And I’m a sucker for context. So I cling to the mushy, unprincipled belief that… while there ought to be fewer abortion decisions—and there would be, if pro-lifers would magically redirect their energy from abortion bans to birth control—when those decisions arise, they’re best made by the people directly involved.”

Where can we read his article?

do
Do try to keep up...

The OP is one guy, he is not 'liberals'.

He says it's idiotic to call abortion murder but not to want to punish women for murder if they have an abortion.

In effect, he's calling you an idiot.
It's great how he, as a liberal, finally accepts babies are people....

I've never understood why left wingers feel so freakin' obligated to be so intellectually dishonest on this issue.

Most of us who are pro choice are willing to admit that a fetus is developing human life. We are also willing to admit that an abortion is not a positive thing.

Yawn, guy, if you really believe that then you should favor locking the women and the doctors up.

We'd also like to see both ends of this issue channel their considerable passion into keeping abortions down and maximizing adoption opportunities.

Why? Nice thing about Medical Waste. It doesn't show up on your door 20 years later looking to "Connect".

Forum List

Back