Liberal Intellectual Elite ("LIE")

Yes. I've read the federalist papers.

Simply reading the federalist papers, again, doesn't give you a special dispensation to comment on what guys who lived over 200 years ago would have wanted to do in modern time.

Or:

If the Constitution was so patently obvious, why do we need a high court to interpret it?

I see...So...Society changes...so must principle? This is what gets you Statists into trouble...and consequently why so many politicians are fearing for their jobs right now.

So in summation...Society goes down hill, and therefore the very foundation of what made this nation what it is must also.

What you subscribe to has brought down many a nation. Some of you fail to learn from history. You are comfortable with repeating it.

Face it. You loathe American Exceptionalism. C'mon it's OK you've already admitted it.

I've never denied that I loath American exceptionalism. Exceptionalism for any nation creates a huge problem. If you believe your country can do no wrong, you are an idiot that will be manipulated by a despot eventually.

Speaking of history and the will of the founding fathers and in recollection of you views over the past several years; what did Washington say about foreign entanglements?

This whole "What Would The Founding Fathers Do" argument basically becomes a movable goalpost to denounce political rivals.

It's idiotic and lame. A better question is "What Are We Going To Do"?

Your first mistake. That isn't what it means . Try again.

Ever hear of Ward Churchill?

Ah, the right's singular and favorite boogey man.
Singular? You wish.

And let's not forget Noam Chomsky.
What happened to Churchhill, BTW?
He won his wrongful termination suit, probably because the university's defense was incompetent.

What were his damages?

The correct answer is "He was fired for academic dishonesty".

That fact that he won the suit and a dollar doesn't change the fact that he was terminated for sloppy and dishonest academic work.

So on the one hand, you want claim that the University is corrupt but then ignore any corrective action that they take to address your example of corruption.

Nice.

As for Chomsky, you may disagree with what he says, but he still puts out researched and thought out points.

One must remember the I part is and can be all in the head of the LIE. They THINK they are smarter, they think they are better.

How do you tell a LIE? When they utter comments like, I know best, we know best, the Government knows best. Or, we only want to help you by taking away your rights. We know how best to regulate your life and future. It is for your own good we have taken away this or that right.

...And are going to force you to accept things we know you don't want...tough toenails! Our Agents will be with you shortly to set your mind right.
Yeah.....right......

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!!!!!

(...And, all that other happy-horseshit that cowardly, White-Wing nutjobs use....to get others (i.e. suckers) to do their fighting....for them.) :rolleyes:

Just to be clear: You accept the findings of the report because it's what you want to believe.

Right?

Uh no.

I accept it, like I accept global warming, because it is the consensus of experts in the field.
And what happens when experts who agree with and support each other investigate each other?

And off we go to conspiracy corner.

As I said, feel free to refute their findings based on the paper itself and not the authors.

I see...So...Society changes...so must principle? This is what gets you Statists into trouble...and consequently why so many politicians are fearing for their jobs right now.

So in summation...Society goes down hill, and therefore the very foundation of what made this nation what it is must also.

What you subscribe to has brought down many a nation. Some of you fail to learn from history. You are comfortable with repeating it.

Face it. You loathe American Exceptionalism. C'mon it's OK you've already admitted it.

I've never denied that I loath American exceptionalism. Exceptionalism for any nation creates a huge problem. If you believe your country can do no wrong, you are an idiot that will be manipulated by a despot eventually.

Speaking of history and the will of the founding fathers and in recollection of you views over the past several years; what did Washington say about foreign entanglements?

This whole "What Would The Founding Fathers Do" argument basically becomes a movable goalpost to denounce political rivals.

It's idiotic and lame. A better question is "What Are We Going To Do"?

Your first mistake. That isn't what it means . Try again.

As always, Tommy, I am amused by your belief that you hold the power of fiat on these matters.

You know my thoughts on American Exceptionalism. Why don't you give me yours?

No, like teaching that America is the root of all evil in the world.

provide me a link to any public school curriculum in America that teaches that. For that matter, provide me with a link to any American school that teaches that.
Ever hear of Ward Churchill?

yes

and I remember what happened when he made jis insane comments

liberals all over the country disagreed with him

many were appalled that he said it in the first place

and eventually he was dismissed

meanwhile

conservatives all the country preach, teach, and pontificate about how LIBERALS and DEMOCRATS are the root of all evil

they have radio shows all over the country

they have tv shows

they are even in in our schools affecting our children

and NO CONSERVATIVE is appalled at any of that

and NONE of them are losing their jobs

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Lets just remember who hates higher education, science and History?
Let's just remember who peddles hobgoblin strawmen, with bigoted sweeping generalizations. :lol:

Still, you can't ignore that a lot of the rhetoric coming out of the right these days is anti-education.
Ohhhhhhhhhh.......if it was ONLY rhetoric......

:rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBzYSUI5_GM]YouTube - Bill Maher on elites[/ame]​

They want to pretend the US has never made any mistakes, they want to browbeat anyone who points out and tries to analyse any mistake we may have made.

In other words they want to drive this country into a ditch out of foolish pride that never self examines and fails due to the warped view of reality that leaves to the people.

Last edited:

That fact that he won the suit and a dollar doesn't change the fact that he was terminated for sloppy and dishonest academic work.

So on the one hand, you want claim that the University is corrupt but then ignore any corrective action that they take to address your example of corruption.
Do you think he would have been fired if he hadn't made his lunatic and hateful "little Eichmanns" speech?

I don't.
Nice.

As for Chomsky, you may disagree with what he says, but he still puts out researched and thought out points.
If you call whitewashing the atrocities in Cambodia researched and thought-out. I don't.

Furthermore, the man is a linguist. What gives his opinions on geopoltics any weight? There's another flaw in leftist thinking: Expertise in one field implies expertise in any field.

That's why Sean Penn fancies himself an authority on geopolitics.

Uh no.

I accept it, like I accept global warming, because it is the consensus of experts in the field.
And what happens when experts who agree with and support each other investigate each other?

As I said, feel free to refute their findings based on the paper itself and not the authors.
I don't believe you've answered a question put to you earlier: Would you accept BP's investigation if it found no wrongdoing in the Gulf?

yes

and I remember what happened when he made jis insane comments

liberals all over the country disagreed with him

many were appalled that he said it in the first place

and eventually he was dismissed

meanwhile

conservatives all the country preach, teach, and pontificate about how LIBERALS and DEMOCRATS are the root of all evil

they have radio shows all over the country

they have tv shows

they are even in in our schools affecting our children

and NO CONSERVATIVE is appalled at any of that

and NONE of them are losing their jobs
And can you back any of that up?

They want to pretend the US has never made any mistakes, they want to browbeat anyone who points out and tries to analyse any mistake we may have made.

In other words they want to drive this country into a ditch out of foolish pride that never self examines and fails due to the warped view of reality that leaves to the people.

What's your educational background? If you answered earlier, I apologize; I must have missed it.

Do you think he would have been fired if he hadn't made his lunatic and hateful "little Eichmanns" speech?

I don't.

I think he was an insignificant faculty member at a large University that no one bothered to investigate until he put himself in the public spotlight. He started out in administration at the University of Colorado and was un-credentialed to have the job he had. He also lied about his military service record claiming he was in a LRRP in Viet Nam.

The guy was a turd. He was rightfully fired. Claiming that he is representative of the whole is idiotic. I've never encountered anyone like Churchill.

Furthermore, the man is a linguist. What gives his opinions on geopoltics any weight? There's another flaw in leftist thinking: Expertise in one field implies expertise in any field.

Or Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Glen Beck (none of whom have a bachelor's degree) having expertise in political science.

Funny that.

I don't believe you've answered a question put to you earlier: Would you accept BP's investigation if it found no wrongdoing in the Gulf?

It's a non sequitur. I wouldn't accept an investigation by a private organization into it's own misdoing. I would accept an investigation experts in the field.

That latter is the case with the climategate findings.

I think he was an insignificant faculty member at a large University that no one bothered to investigate until he put himself in the public spotlight. He started out in administration at the University of Colorado and was un-credentialed to have the job he had. He also lied about his military service record claiming he was in a LRRP in Viet Nam.

The guy was a turd. He was rightfully fired. Claiming that he is representative of the whole is idiotic.
I didn't claim he was representative. I was asked for an example of an America-hating academic.
I've never encountered anyone like Churchill.
That's as silly as saying, "How could George Bush have won? I don't know ANYBODY who voted for him!"

Or Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Glen Beck (none of whom have a bachelor's degree) having expertise in political science.

Funny that.
Indeed. Now tell me again why Chomsky is held up by the Left as an expert?

It's a non sequitur. I wouldn't accept an investigation by a private organization into it's own misdoing. I would accept an investigation experts in the field.

That latter is the case with the climategate findings.
If that lets you sleep at night, sure.

Hating on science, its just one of the many stupid assed things cons have to do to retain their failed ideas.

What is the sceintific concensus on global warming?

Let me clue you in, its not in line with your position.

You have to refuse sceince to retain your idiot ideas

Forum List

Back