Liberal ignorance of Biology

Why does the 14th amendment override the 1st?

The 1st does not apply to business

the first amendment applies to citizens of the USA. Citizens run businesses, citizens own corporations, Yes, the first amendment does apply to businesses. Why else would CNN and MSNBC be permitted to broadcast lies every day of the week? Why else would the NY times get away with printing lies and unsubstantiated claims?

you're so funny..... the first amendment does apply to businesses, yes. but you still cannot defame people with actual malice... even public officials.

so where are all the defamation suits against, MSNBC, snookie bear?

since most of the defamed are public figures or celebrities, defamation suits are a waste of time and money. But that doesn't change the fact that the first amendment applies to all of us individually and as members of any group or business.

there is a higher standard for public figures. but they can't knowingly lie about them or that is evidence of malice.

your problem is you can't stand when anyone with an R after their name is held accountable. people who are actually defamed do NOT consider the suits a waste of time and money, donald clearly likes suing people even for no reason and if the things posted about him were defamatory, don't you think he'd sue? heck, he sued bill maher over a joke he told.

as for roy moore, his lawyers threatened to bring a defamation suit. they were soundly slapped down by an attorney who told him he'd seek rule 11 sanctions if such a suit were brought and then told him that moore had better preserve all writings and other possible evidence that would come to bear in a defamation case or they'd seek sanctions for spoliation.

Not at all. I want everyone held accountable, especially politicians. YOU, however, want Hillary Clinton to be above the laws that apply to you and me. You want her to be able to sell influence, disclose classified information, and use a charity foundation as a money laundering service.

I want the Bush family held accountable
I want Trump held accountable
I want the Clintons held accountable
I want Moore held accountable
I want Franken held accountable
I want Pelosi held accountable
I want the media held accountable
I want those in our country illegally held accountable

Who besides Trump do you want held accountable?

Because they specifically sought to persecute Christians for their beliefs."

And by 'persecute Christians for their beliefs' you mean demanding that Christians follow the same laws that require business's to serve Christians.

Not like for instance how Christians tried to persecute Gays by imprisoning them or to pass laws to have them fired from jobs- now that is real persecution- and that is what Christians did for decades.

muslims kill gays by throwing them off rooftops. But you libs still refuse to acknowledge that Islam is a murderous cult. Yet you bring up what Christians did in the 12th century as being relevant today. In short, you are disingenuous partisan hacks.

Kind of a stretch

1.5 billion Muslims in this world

How many are engaged in throwing gays off of rooftops?

better question is: how many condone it or look the other way?

Better question is: how many on the evangelical right in the United States condone it- or would happily imprison gays today.

a few probably, but they are on the fringe and do not represent the majority of Christians.
Let me ask you this, is a person in the USA allowed to hold his/her own beliefs regarding sexual orientation? Or, do you support mandatory group think and thought crime punishment? Its one or the other.

The 1st does not apply to business

the first amendment applies to citizens of the USA. Citizens run businesses, citizens own corporations, Yes, the first amendment does apply to businesses. Why else would CNN and MSNBC be permitted to broadcast lies every day of the week? Why else would the NY times get away with printing lies and unsubstantiated claims?

you're so funny..... the first amendment does apply to businesses, yes. but you still cannot defame people with actual malice... even public officials.

since most of the defamed are public figures or celebrities, defamation suits are a waste of time and money. But that doesn't change the fact that the first amendment applies to all of us individually and as members of any group or business.

there is a higher standard for public figures. but they can't knowingly lie about them or that is evidence of malice.

your problem is you can't stand when anyone with an R after their name is held accountable. people who are actually defamed do NOT consider the suits a waste of time and money, donald clearly likes suing people even for no reason and if the things posted about him were defamatory, don't you think he'd sue? heck, he sued bill maher over a joke he told.

as for roy moore, his lawyers threatened to bring a defamation suit. they were soundly slapped down by an attorney who told him he'd seek rule 11 sanctions if such a suit were brought and then told him that moore had better preserve all writings and other possible evidence that would come to bear in a defamation case or they'd seek sanctions for spoliation.

Not at all. I want everyone held accountable, especially politicians. YOU, however, want Hillary Clinton to be above the laws that apply to you and me.

LOL- coming from the rightwing partisan hack who has claimed that Clinton had people murdered, and happily went full Birther- no- you don't want everyone held accountable- you just want to spout rightwing partisan crap against Democrats.

businesses are made up of individuals. The constitution guarantees individual rights and freedoms and as amended, prevents discrimination.

But my question remains: Why would a gay couple use a baker who does not appkrove of gay marriage? Why not use one that does?

And by 'persecute Christians for their beliefs' you mean demanding that Christians follow the same laws that require business's to serve Christians.

Not like for instance how Christians tried to persecute Gays by imprisoning them or to pass laws to have them fired from jobs- now that is real persecution- and that is what Christians did for decades.

muslims kill gays .

And? We are speaking about the United States- and it hasn't been the Muslims persecuting gays for the last 200 years in the United States- it was the good Christians- who happily passed laws to imprison gays, to chemically castrate gays, to strip gays of their jobs.

Your attempt at 'but but but the ebil Muslims do worse things in Bumcrack Arabia' just shows how low standards the Right in America wants America to treat our citizens- who are gay.

you are wrong, it was not just Christians, it was Christians, jews, muslims, hindus, Buddhists, shintos, and atheists. The majority of people in the USA and the world do not view homosexuality as a normal human condition.

AND, you cannot force them to adopt your views on it.

muslims kill gays by throwing them off rooftops. But you libs still refuse to acknowledge that Islam is a murderous cult. Yet you bring up what Christians did in the 12th century as being relevant today. In short, you are disingenuous partisan hacks.

Kind of a stretch

Better question is: how many on the evangelical right in the United States condone it- or would happily imprison gays today.

a few probably, but they are on the fringe and do not represent the majority of Christians.

When do you think their point of view changed?

Since the Christian right happily passed laws to imprison gays and deny them employment? And even fought against repealing the sodomy laws that they had passed before, after the Supreme Court found such laws unconstitutional.

Not at all. I want everyone held accountable, especially politicians. YOU, however, want Hillary Clinton to be above the laws that apply to you and me.

LOL- coming from the rightwing partisan hack who has claimed that Clinton had people murdered, and happily went full Birther- no- you don't want everyone held accountable- you just want to spout rightwing partisan crap against Democrats.

a lot of people who have come out against the Clintons have turned up dead, maybe its just coincidence, maybe its not. I was never a birther, but there were some legitimate questions that have now been answered.

I am not anti democrat, I voted for Kennedy. I have voted for dems in state and local elections. I am against far left dems that think they can dictate what everyone else must believe, think, and do.

businesses are made up of individuals. The constitution guarantees individual rights and freedoms and as amended, prevents discrimination.

But my question remains: Why would a gay couple use a baker who does not appkrove of gay marriage? Why not use one that does?

muslims kill gays .

And? We are speaking about the United States- and it hasn't been the Muslims persecuting gays for the last 200 years in the United States- it was the good Christians- who happily passed laws to imprison gays, to chemically castrate gays, to strip gays of their jobs.

Your attempt at 'but but but the ebil Muslims do worse things in Bumcrack Arabia' just shows how low standards the Right in America wants America to treat our citizens- who are gay.

you are wrong, it was not just Christians, it was Christians,

LOL funny how the Right Wing will happily proclaim that the United States is a 'Christian Nation'- until I point out that your Christians were happy to persecute anyone who they disagreed with.

Virtually every one of the Congressman and legislators of that era who passed the laws persecuting gays was a Christian. Maybe a Jew or two in there too.

And it certainly wasn't Muslims- since our first Muslim Congressman was not elected until 2007.

Nope- it was your vaunted Christian Majority which passed those laws which actually persecuted gays.

Not the imaginary persecution of Christians being asked to follow the exact same laws that protect them from persecution.

Kind of a stretch

Since the Christian right happily passed laws to imprison gays and deny them employment? And even fought against repealing the sodomy laws that they had passed before, after the Supreme Court found such laws unconstitutional.

So you think that only Christians voted in early America? Really?

a lot of people who have come out against the Clintons have turned up dead,

A lot of people who have dealt with Trump have turned up dead. That is what happens when your record of dealing with people extends back decades.

But you have accused the Clintons of murder.

Which just goes to show what a right wing partisan hack you are.

muslims kill gays .

LOL funny how the Right Wing will happily proclaim that the United States is a 'Christian Nation'- until I point out that your Christians were happy to persecute anyone who they disagreed with.

Virtually every one of the Congressman and legislators of that era who passed the laws persecuting gays was a Christian. Maybe a Jew or two in there too.

And it certainly wasn't Muslims- since our first Muslim Congressman was not elected until 2007.

Nope- it was your vaunted Christian Majority which passed those laws which actually persecuted gays.

Not the imaginary persecution of Christians being asked to follow the exact same laws that protect them from persecution.

times change, humanity becomes better educated. In the 1400s up until the 1700s people believed that disease could be cured by bleeding the sick person.

to blame all of history on Christians is just plain stupid.

Kind of a stretch

I think that every law passed in early America- and every law passed today- is passed by a majority that is itself- majority Christian.

A lot of people who have dealt with Trump have turned up dead. That is what happens when your record of dealing with people extends back decades.

please read this and get back to me.

http://www.freewebs.com/jeffhead/liberty/liberty/bdycount.txt

muslims kill gays .

It would be. Good thing I am not.

I am just blaming Christians for persecuting gays in America.

Real persecution- not what some whiny snowflakes call persecution today- Christians passed laws to throw gays in jail.

LOL- why would I read what some other right wing hack has written about the Clintons?

I think that every law passed in early America- and every law passed today- is passed by a majority that is itself- majority Christian.

only because a majority of americans were and are Christian. you are going in circles

muslims kill gays .

It would be. Good thing I am not.

I am just blaming Christians for persecuting gays in America.

Real persecution- not what some whiny snowflakes call persecution today- Christians passed laws to throw gays in jail.

so did jews, muslims, hindus, Buddhists, and atheists in other countries. It wasn't just Christians who thought homosexuality was wrong.

LOL- why would I read what some other right wing hack has written about the Clintons?

so you cant refute any of it, but you continue to worship at the shrine of the Clinton crime family. dumb and dumber

sociology can't create a new sex w/o lying.

Yes they can

They acknowledge the psychological aspects of sexuality and sexual attraction

So then you admit that the LGBT is about psychology (behavior). It's like saying "they acknowledge the psychological aspects of drugs and drug addiction". Same thing. It's not a heroin addiction. It's a "heroin orientation" from now on...

Is there a biologic reason why some people may be aroused by feet, fat people, extremely skinny people, long hair?
Psychology has much to do with what attracts you sexually

abnormal psychology does exist and answers your question.
Who are you to define normal?
As long as nobody is harmed....what possible difference does it make

I was never a birther, .

Redfish- demonstrating over the years how he is not a Birther. (Hint if you call Obama's birth certificate a fake- yes- you are a Birther)

Redfish: the so-called birth certificate says that his father was "african". In 1961 'African' would not have been used, it would have been negro or black. Its a fake,

Redfish: Many people question the validity of Obama's HI birth certificate. After being questioned for years, Obama produced a BC that experts have called a forgery.

Redfish: But if you would post his Harvard and Columbia records showing how a poor half breed from hawaii

Forum List

Back