LIAR liar, pants on fire!

In an interview with CNN, Sherrod said she repeatedly fielded calls on Monday during a long car ride, during which officials insisted that she pull over to the side of the road and quit her post.

"They asked me to resign, and, in fact, they harassed me as I was driving back to the state office from West Point, Georgia yesterday," Sherrod told CNN. "I had at least three calls telling me the White House wanted me to resign…and the last one asked me to pull over to the side of the road and do it."

Update, 4:36 p.m.: A White House official tells CNN's Suzanne Malveaux the White House was not involved in pressuring for a resignation: "The White House did not pressure her or USDA over the resignation. It was the Secretary’s decision, as he has said.”

Sherrod said the final call came from Cheryl Cook, an undersecretary at the Department of Agriculture. Sherrod said White House officials wanted her to quit immediately because the controversy was "going to be on Glenn Beck tonight."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Sherrod: White House worried about Glenn Beck - Blogs from CNN.com

She was asked for her resignation prior to 4:30p.m. on Monday.

FOX NEWS REPORTS THAT they called for her resignation and REPORTS that they broke the story before she was asked to resign.

It remains unclear who edited and released the video. Breitbart's BigGovernment.com featured the video clip early Monday. Vilsack announced Sherrod's resignation shortly after FoxNews.com's initial story Monday evening, for which Sherrod could not be reached for comment.

FOXNews.com - Forcing Ga. Official to Resign Over YouTube Clip was the Right Call, Agriculture Chief Says

Are you calling FOX news, liars?

. Vilsack announced Sherrod's resignation shortly after FoxNews.com's initial story Monday evening, for which Sherrod could not be reached for comment. FoxNews.com was unable to obtain a copy of the full video.

So, from your very own link, the website, not the channel had an initial story Monday night. Now what we have to determine is if you think a blurb on a website influenced the White House. I kinda doubt it fool.

But I would like to see the initial story ran by foxnews.com I mean if we're interested in being fair here, which of course you are not.

and this sweet woman, doesn't blame FOX or Briebart, but she blames the NAACP....

Sherrod on Tuesday told CNN she blamed the NAACP, which put out a statement condemning her for her remarks overnight. Sherrod claimed the NAACP never contacted her and that the civil rights group's high-profile fight with the Tea Party
over allegations of racism set the stage for her forced resignation.

"They are the reason why this happened," she said.

FOXNews.com - Forcing Ga. Official to Resign Over YouTube Clip was the Right Call, Agriculture Chief Says

I just posted this another thread.

HANNITY: Hang on. Hang on. I just want get some facts on the table and then — I want your opinion on everything else associated with it. All right, but — so you have this tape since April?

BREITBART: I didn't have the tape. I had recognition that it existed.

HANNITY: It existed. OK.

BREITBART: And the man told me about it. And he tried to send it to me and it came on a disc and it didn't show up. I said this is annoying. So when the NAACP thing happened, I found his phone number, I called him up, and he sent me to — two excerpts of the video.

HANNITY: OK. And the allegation now of the left is alright, hang on a second, even though she said — and she said she harbored these views in this tape. She described how she racially discriminated against the white farmer. That's not in dispute. That's on the video. She's not disputing that.

BREITBART: And she described the white man as the other — your kind. She describes your kind.

HANNITY: She decides that he'll get help from one of his own kind and she referred him to a white lawyer. But she also said on the tape that — admits that she didn't do everything she could for him because he's white.

Now what critics are saying is well that was edited. And what she's claiming is that that was edited, that she left out the part that she had learned from this at the end of the tape which we just heard.

BREITBART: The reason why Shirley Sherrod is the story right now, not the NAACP, is because the White House which stands by the firing or the forced resignation — harassment as she said — they made the story about Shirley. They threw her under the bus.

I have not asked that she get fired. I've not asked for an investigation into her. The whole point was to show that the — for the NAACP to spend five days on national TV saying that the Tea Party is racist without any evidence when we can prove that the central argument didn't happen and the mainstream media won't play it — for them to talk about racism they should not be throwing stones in glass houses.

And what this video shows and what the NAACP affirms in their initial rebuke is not just that Shirley Sherrod, what she said was wrong, but that the audience was laughing and applauding as she described how she maltreated the white farmer.

HANNITY: Before she gets to the end of the story which is — which she's claiming puts context. But there's a —

(CROSSTALK)

BREITBART: Did the people in the audience know that there was going to be a point of redemption?

HANNITY: No.

BREITBART: The point is that the NAACP at a dinner honoring this person is cheering on a person describing — describing a white person as the other. This is far worse than anything —

HANNITY: Let me ask you this.

BREITBART: — that has ever been alleged against the Tea Party and certainly not proved.

Andrew Breitbart on 'Hannity': 'This Is Not About Shirley Sherrod' - Hannity - FOXNews.com

This seems to be the crux of what AB was getting at with releasing the video in the first place.

NAACP calls TP racist, without proof, and the NAACP gets caught cheering the part of Sherrod's story that is clearly racist.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Right.

Because that's how the story was totally presented by Breitbart and FOX.

Give.Me.A.Break.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N8VY2PHgOeE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N8VY2PHgOeE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

Using MSNBC as a source to trash FoxNews is sad Art.

FOX NEWS REPORTS THAT they called for her resignation and REPORTS that they broke the story before she was asked to resign.

It remains unclear who edited and released the video. Breitbart's BigGovernment.com featured the video clip early Monday. Vilsack announced Sherrod's resignation shortly after FoxNews.com's initial story Monday evening, for which Sherrod could not be reached for comment.

. Vilsack announced Sherrod's resignation shortly after FoxNews.com's initial story Monday evening, for which Sherrod could not be reached for comment. FoxNews.com was unable to obtain a copy of the full video.

So, from your very own link, the website, not the channel had an initial story Monday night. Now what we have to determine is if you think a blurb on a website influenced the White House. I kinda doubt it fool.

But I would like to see the initial story ran by foxnews.com I mean if we're interested in being fair here, which of course you are not.

FOX removed it.....I am trying to find it cached somewhere.

and this sweet woman, doesn't blame FOX or Briebart, but she blames the NAACP....

Sherrod on Tuesday told CNN she blamed the NAACP, which put out a statement condemning her for her remarks overnight. Sherrod claimed the NAACP never contacted her and that the civil rights group's high-profile fight with the Tea Party

Which is what Andrew Breitbart said in his interview with Hannity last night. I posted a link a few posts up.

I'm sure she would be equally disgusted by your obvious ploy to turn her plight into a shameful attack on a news organization that did nothing wrong. Sherrod is twice the human being you will ever be , at least she had the guts to say " I was wrong"

WHY TWIST THIS CON?

has anyone mentioned Fox news CHANNEL? i said FOX NEWS, AND showed that FOX news. com CLAIMED they broke it BEFORE she was asked to resign?

I just posted this another thread.

Andrew Breitbart on 'Hannity': 'This Is Not About Shirley Sherrod' - Hannity - FOXNews.com

This seems to be the crux of what AB was getting at with releasing the video in the first place.

NAACP calls TP racist, without proof, and the NAACP gets caught cheering the part of Sherrod's story that is clearly racist.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Right.

Because that's how the story was totally presented by Breitbart and FOX.

Give.Me.A.Break.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N8VY2PHgOeE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N8VY2PHgOeE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

Using MSNBC as a source to trash FoxNews is sad Art.

Watch the video and tell me where she is wrong.

ZOMG!!! You'll never watch FNC again, will you???1!!!1

:lol:

why doesn't it bother you that faux news misleads you?

Because they eat up the right wing propaganda.

It's tough getting the actual news these days, all of them seem to lean left or right. I guess we could listen to all the left wing news agencies to get a left spin on everything. Just like not getting any news about the Black Panther incident from your left wing news sources. Doesn't that bother you?

why doesn't it bother you that faux news misleads you?

It's tough getting the actual news these days, all of them seem to lean left or right. I guess we could listen to all the left wing news agencies to get a left spin on everything. Just like not getting any news about the Black Panther incident from your left wing news sources. Doesn't that bother you?

Why should it?

What bothers me more is that the so-called 'news' on both sides is rumor and edited tapes.

Why should it?

What bothers me more is that the so-called 'news' on both sides is rumor and edited tapes.

I knew that you being led around and letting your left wing news agencies tell YOU what IS news and what ISN'T news wouldn't bother you. :eusa_whistle:
It really should bother you a lot when they hide major stories.

Forum List

Back