LIAR liar, pants on fire!

They had to run the tape long enough to get to the part they used.

BEFORE the part they used she prefaced the story.

They had to have known what they cut out.

I completely agree that whomever editted the tape had to know what was cut out.

The question is who editted it?

And why is the President of the NAACP who was present when she made this speech, suddenly not sure what was said during the speech?
FINALLY FOUND SOME INFO!
ok avatar, i found some reporting on the announcement of the agriculture secretary on her resignation....looks like he announced it on the 20th.....
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack released a statement Tuesday saying he had accepted Sherrod's resignation, and added that the department has no tolerance for discrimination.
Shirley Sherrod Resigns from USDA over Race Remark Furor - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

and it looks like it was march of 2010 on her speech, not 2009 as i had read
The remarks was purportedly from a speech Sherrod gave at an NAACP Freedom Fund Banquet on March 27, 2010, in Douglas, Ga. The video clip has inflamed innumerable conservative bloggers and has lit up YouTube.

SOOOOO, wasn't it monday when Oreilly asked for her resignation and monday when hannity reported it?

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201007200060 look at the fox video coverage....

DOES THIS answer your questions? doesn't this PROVE that FOX was ALL OVER THIS BEFORE THE ANNOUNCEMENT of sherrod's resignation?

And why is the President of the NAACP who was present when she made this speech, suddenly not sure what was said during the speech?

do you have proof he was present? wasn't this tape from march of 2009? or was it just in 2010?

There's this, from her speech, delivered 3/27/10:

"To the president of the NAACP, here, and the board of directors, and members, and all the others here, it is indeed a pleasure for me to be with you this evening..."

I assume that means he was present, but we mustn't assume.

WAS it the georgia naacp chapter's president or the president of the NAACP?

Care, I posted this on pages 5 and 6.

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack on Tuesday

Yesterday (*that would be Monday, July 19 as this link is dated Tuesday, July 20), I asked for and accepted Ms. Sherrod's resignation for two reasons.

* my comment

FOXNews.com - Forcing Ga. Official to Resign Over YouTube Clip was the Right Call, Agriculture Chief Says

Far as I can see, Sherrod was asked to resign on Monday.

In an interview with CNN, Sherrod said she repeatedly fielded calls on Monday during a long car ride, during which officials insisted that she pull over to the side of the road and quit her post.

"They asked me to resign, and, in fact, they harassed me as I was driving back to the state office from West Point, Georgia yesterday," Sherrod told CNN. "I had at least three calls telling me the White House wanted me to resign…and the last one asked me to pull over to the side of the road and do it."

Update, 4:36 p.m.: A White House official tells CNN's Suzanne Malveaux the White House was not involved in pressuring for a resignation: "The White House did not pressure her or USDA over the resignation. It was the Secretary’s decision, as he has said.”

Sherrod said the final call came from Cheryl Cook, an undersecretary at the Department of Agriculture. Sherrod said White House officials wanted her to quit immediately because the controversy was "going to be on Glenn Beck tonight."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Sherrod: White House worried about Glenn Beck - Blogs from CNN.com

She was asked for her resignation prior to 4:30p.m. on Monday.

Last edited:
Breitbart should have been suspicious of the edits, but ran with it to slam the NAACP in retaliation for their Tea Party smear. He should apologize to Sherrod, if he hasn't already.

Hannidad gave him the chance to, and he actually said "I could care less about Shirley Sherrod"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kMfCAoVPx0]YouTube - Andrew Breitbart Defends Shirley Sherrod Story[/ame]

Look at the last 15 seconds or so.
well now, if he COULD care less, that must mean he cares some ;)

That wasn't how he meant it anyway. He meant he was not ''after'' Shirley Sherrod.
I watched the entire tape here, and saw it live as well last night.
He was not after her. He could have had the tape back in April had he wanted.

FINALLY FOUND SOME INFO!
ok avatar, i found some reporting on the announcement of the agriculture secretary on her resignation....looks like he announced it on the 20th.....
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack released a statement Tuesday saying he had accepted Sherrod's resignation, and added that the department has no tolerance for discrimination.
Shirley Sherrod Resigns from USDA over Race Remark Furor - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

and it looks like it was march of 2010 on her speech, not 2009 as i had read
The remarks was purportedly from a speech Sherrod gave at an NAACP Freedom Fund Banquet on March 27, 2010, in Douglas, Ga. The video clip has inflamed innumerable conservative bloggers and has lit up YouTube.

SOOOOO, wasn't it monday when Oreilly asked for her resignation and monday when hannity reported it?

Fox smears Sherrod as racist, Sherrod cancels Fox interview | Media Matters for America look at the fox video coverage....

DOES THIS answer your questions? doesn't this PROVE that FOX was ALL OVER THIS BEFORE THE ANNOUNCEMENT of sherrod's resignation?

oh great, looks like the oreilly show video was removed....??????????

The president at the event was the president of the local chapter...not the guy that's been in the news lately.

do you have proof he was present? wasn't this tape from march of 2009? or was it just in 2010?

"To the president of the NAACP, here, and the board of directors, and members, and all the others here, it is indeed a pleasure for me to be with you this evening..."

I can't find anything that puts Jealous at the actual event, except for bloggers I don't know. Looking at the video, I don't see anyone who resembles him in-frame. I don't know.

I can't find anything that puts Jealous at the actual event, except for bloggers I don't know. Looking at the video, I don't see anyone who resembles him in-frame. I don't know.

One would think that according to custom, the President she was speaking about would have been in the group in front of the crowd. Maybe the man sitting off to her right, the left side of the screen?

She indicated the man to her left was her husband.

Immie

One would think that according to custom, the President she was speaking about would have been in the group in front of the crowd. Maybe the man sitting off to her right, the left side of the screen?

Immie

art.benjamin.jealous.courtesy.jpg

This is Ben Jealous.

When Sherrod says, "To the president of the NAACP, here..." she looks to her left. Those guys appear older and have receding hairlines.

I doubt he was there.

Immie

art.benjamin.jealous.courtesy.jpg

This is Ben Jealous.

When Sherrod says, "To the president of the NAACP, here..." she looks to her left. Those guys appear older and have receding hairlines.

I doubt he was there.

Did you doctor that photo? He looks white there.

Immie

cbs said vilsack announced it ON TUESDAY....

also why would oreilly ask for sherrod's resignation on his monday night show? he would have already known she resigned by Monday night? edited

ok. i am all screwed up....it could have been monday? hard to tell??????? cbs says tuesday???

She was asked to resign on Monday and Sherrod announced her resignation on Monday. Vilsack released a statement about her resignation on Tuesday.

Shirley Sherrod, a Black USDA official announced her resignation on July 19. Sherrod, the former USDA Georgia Director of Rural Development said the White House pressured her to resign. “They called me twice,” Sherrod told the Associated Press. “The last time they asked me to pull over the side of the road and submit my resignation on my Blackberry, and that’s what I did.”

USDA Secretary Tom Vilsak released a statement on June 20*, accepting Sherrod’s resignation.

Top USDA Employee Resigns After Remarks are Considered Racist | The Afro-American Newspapers | Your Community. Your History. Your News.

* It says June 20 but they mean July 20

Last edited:
Care, I posted this on pages 5 and 6.

cbs said vilsack announced it ON TUESDAY....

also why would oreilly ask for sherrod's resignation on his monday night show? he would have already known she resigned by Monday night? edited

ok. i am all screwed up....it could have been monday? hard to tell??????? cbs says tuesday???

She was asked to resign on Monday and Sherrod announced her resignation on Monday. Vilsack released a statement about her resignation on Tuesday.

Shirley Sherrod, a Black USDA official announced her resignation on July 19. Sherrod, the former USDA Georgia Director of Rural Development said the White House pressured her to resign. “They called me twice,” Sherrod told the Associated Press. “The last time they asked me to pull over the side of the road and submit my resignation on my Blackberry, and that’s what I did.”

USDA Secretary Tom Vilsak released a statement on June 20, accepting Sherrod’s resignation.

Top USDA Employee Resigns After Remarks are Considered Racist | The Afro-American Newspapers | Your Community. Your History. Your News.

* It says June 20 but they mean July 20

And now she has been offered an unique new job in the administration. Good for her, but I see this as damage control by the administration and not a very good job of it at that.

Ag secretary offers Sherrod 'unique' position - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON – Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said Wednesday he has apologized to ousted employee Shirley Sherrod and offered her a unique new position at the agency.

Sherrod, in an interview with The Associated Press, said she was considering it.

"They did make an offer," she said in a telephone interview. "I just told him I need to think about it."

Vilsack told reporters that Sherrod accepted his apology. He said, "She was extraordinarily gracious."

Good for her.

Immie

Wow, call names and point fingers why don't we.

I don't know if Fox news has lied about this, just as no one here knows because it hasn't really been proven either way. But I do know this; if Fox lied they are simply doing what other News businesses have done in the past. Or do we give (for instance) CBS a pass for the Killian documents?

You see none of them are innocent, they are all businesses looking to make a buck.

The president at the event was the president of the local chapter...not the guy that's been in the news lately.

Sorry, took her word for it.

Forum List

Back